South African hunter is believed to have been eaten by crocodiles

My2Cents

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
These stories always make me smile...

----------------------------------------------------------------------

South African hunter is believed to have been eaten by crocodiles after human remains are found inside two beasts

• Hunter Scott Van Zyl, 44, vanished last week after going on a hunting safari
  • His footprints were later found leading to banks of Limpopo River in Zimbabwe
  • Police shot two Nile crocodiles who they suspected of eating the father-of-two
  • Remains found inside the crocs are now being tested by forensics experts

A South African hunter is believed to have been eaten by crocodiles after human remains were found inside two beasts.

Scott Van Zyl, 44, vanished last week after going on a hunting safari with a Zimbabwean tracker and a pack of dogs.

The father-of-two, whose company runs hunting trips for foreign clients, is thought to have been eaten by crocodiles on the banks of the Limpopo River in Zimbabwe.

3F5A851800000578-0-image-m-68_1492531693065.jpg

+5
South African hunter Scott Van Zyl, 44, is believed to have been eaten by crocodiles after human remains were found inside two beasts

3F5A851000000578-0-He_vanished_last_week_after_going_on_a_hunting_safari_with_a_Zim-m-90_1492532231957.jpg

+5
He vanished last week after going on a hunting safari with a Zimbabwean tracker and a pack of dogs

The professional hunter and his tracker had left their truck and walked into the bush in different directions.

Later that day his dogs returned to the camp without Mr Van Zyl. His rifle and belongings were found inside the truck.

A rescue team of helicopters, divers and trackers combed the area while friends gave out missing posters in villages and to fishermen along the river.

Mr Van Zyl's footprints were later spotted leading to the river bank and trackers found his backpack nearby.

Sakkie Louwrens, who was part of the search team, said police suspected two Nile crocodiles may have eaten Mr Van Zyl.

'We found what could possibly be human remains in them,' he told The Telegraph.

0026C07900000258-0-image-a-59_1492530871046.jpg

+5
The father-of-two, whose company runs hunting trips for foreign clients, is thought to have been eaten by crocodiles on the banks of the Limpopo River (pictured) in Zimbabwe

3F5A74AE00000578-0-image-m-73_1492531762677.jpg

3F5A748600000578-0-image-m-75_1492531804374.jpg

The professional hunter and his tracker had left their truck and walked into the bush in different directions. Later that day his dogs returned to the camp without Mr Van Zyl (pictured right, with his wife)

Police and animal nature conservation services decided to shoot the reptiles.

The remains are being tested by forensic experts to see whether they belong to Mr Van Zyl.

At least four people have been killed by crocodiles in Zimbabwe in the past month.

In March, villagers cut open a crocodile and found the remains of an eight-year-old boy inside the beast.

The shocking scene was captured by an eyewitness with a smartphone in the village of Mushumbi Pools in northern Zimbabwe's Mashonaland Central Province.

Villagers suspected the crocodile had killed and eaten the young boy, and shot the animal dead.

3F5A708100000578-0-image-m-77_1492531822202.jpg

+5
Sakkie Louwrens, who was part of the search team, said police suspected two Nile crocodiles may have eaten Mr Van Zyl (pictured)

3F5A70A500000578-0-image-m-79_1492532019764.jpg

+5
Police shot the crocodiles and are testing the remains found inside them to see if they belong to Mr Van Zyl (pictured with his wife)

Zimbabwe has recently been hit by heavy rain, raising river and dam levels, which can bring crocodiles to areas where they are not normally seen.

A crocodile was recently shot dead in Beatrice, a farming community in the neighbouring province of Mashonaland East, with what were believed to be the remains of a fisherman in its stomach.

In November, last year a 13 year old boy who was fishing to pay for his school fees was killed by a crocodile in southern Zimbabwe.

Owen Chianga and his friend, Liberty Ruzivo, 15, were attacked by two crocodiles while they were fishing in the Save River near the village of Birchenough Bridge.

Nile crocodiles typically feed on fish, antelope and zebra, which they snatch from the shallows and before engaging in a twirling, drowning method known as 'the death roll'.

Anyone that kills animals for fun deserves death. Justice has been made fellas.

Awesome, fuck trophy hunters.

lol "professional" hunter.

The guy was a tomato can.

Anyone that kills animals for fun deserves death. Justice has been made fellas.
this. but it's strange since this guy must've been a very experienced hunter.
it's very possible this was basically suicide? who knows.

Sometimes you eat the bear and sometimes....

this. but it's strange since this guy must've been a very experienced hunter.
it's very possible this was basically suicide? who knows.
Crocodiles have more hunting experience.

Anyone that is anti hunting... if you own a cat, a dog, or eat a burger, fish, or steak... you're a goddamn hypocrite.

Those animals that everyone gets up in arms over that are killed in Africa like the giraffe or the black rhino. The giraffe I guaran-damn-tee was used to feed a fucking village for like a month and the black rhino was killed because it was killing other rhinos willy-nilly.

These animals, in this next vid, I bet lived a better life than that fucking cow that you ate from McDonalds earlier.

I will for the life of me never get over those people that get up in arms (and there's a lot of them on this site) over someone taking down an animal with a high powered rifle or a super modern compound bow from range going "why don't you use a spear like a fucking man and stop making up for a tiny dick" and then some guy goes out and ACTUALLY spears a fucking bear and kills it and then they throw a fit over that too.

Get fucked, unless you're a vegan, and like a true "all I eat is lettuce and carrots" vegan... shut up and quit your whining about hunters.

Sorry for the triple post but I used to not support bear or wolf hunting (predator hunting essentially) until I started listening to Steve Rinella and other personal friends of mine that also hunt.

As to bear hunting, there is so much infanticide by older boar (male) bears that I get why people do it. You kill the old males it gives the younger ones just a slightly better chance of making it to adulthood themselves.

As to wolves, when wolves got reintroduced there was a number amount set for where the "max" would be, for at least a little while and the gov't completely renegged on that and now wolves, are yes back in the range they were in formerly but are unchecked and are wrecking havoc on elk herds, deer populations, and also cattle herds.

There was a hunting show I saw where people went to Africa and spoke with villagers and the villagers are HAPPY when outsiders come in and take out a lion as it's one less lion fucking with them. They don't see the lion from Wizard of Oz (or teddy bears or stuffed animals with bears and wolves) the way Westerners do. They view the lion as a fucking monster that would kill them just because it can.

Good, only a few million more incidents like this and humanity might finally evolve past this plague of "hunting."

How many thousands of innocent woodland creatures has this monster slaughtered for his own pleasure?

Fucking savages.

Must be compensating for something, am I right guys?

(I think that covers the breadth of responses this thread is going to engender)

Sorry for the triple post but I used to not support bear or wolf hunting (predator hunting essentially) until I started listening to Steve Rinella and other personal friends of mine that also hunt.

As to bear hunting, there is so much infanticide by older boar (male) bears that I get why people do it. You kill the old males it gives the younger ones just a slightly better chance of making it to adulthood themselves.

As to wolves, when wolves got reintroduced there was a number amount set for where the "max" would be, for at least a little while and the gov't completely renegged on that and now wolves, are yes back in the range they were in formerly but are unchecked and are wrecking havoc on elk herds, deer populations, and also cattle herds.

There was a hunting show I saw where people went to Africa and spoke with villagers and the villagers are HAPPY when outsiders come in and take out a lion as it's one less lion fucking with them. They don't see the lion from Wizard of Oz (or teddy bears or stuffed animals with bears and wolves) the way Westerners do. They view the lion as a fucking monster that would kill them just because it can.
Ya let's just kill off natural animals in their wild nature more rapidly just for human satisfaction and comfort ...

Good, only a few million more incidents like this and humanity might finally evolve past this plague of "hunting."

How many thousands of innocent woodland creatures has this monster slaughtered for his own pleasure?

Fucking savages.

Must be compensating for something, am I right guys?

(I think that covers the breadth of responses this thread is going to engender)

This type of guy isn't near as bad as poachers are. He was an enthusiast hunter and didn't mass kill with out permits and for the strict motivation of profit.

Back