Soundtrack for Traveling Alone Through the Desert Suggestions

That Arabian dude apparently tried to kill or did behead his wife. Cant get more authentic than this song.
Not even close. He kidnapped his pregnant girlfriend and forced her to do an abortion, was arrest and got 5 years. The good thing is that the fetus survived and his girlfriend gave birth to a healthy baby girl.

Last time I drove through the desert it was NIN. Fit perfectly.

high quality mescaline or peyote recommended..

the desert is a place of supreme magic and enigmatic mystery, let it enfold you
441681-desert-nature-night-time-rocks-stars-sunset.jpg

Last edited:
The song Ai du by Ali Farka Toure is a great desert song

Anything by Ry Cooder, like Paris, Texas soundtrack

Bit of John Lee Hooker goes a long way, like the song No Substitute from The Healer album

Last edited:

To be honest, their entire Moon & Antarctica album is good lonely traveler music.

Once or twice a year I like to back pack in the desert out here in far West Texas. Everytime I pull off the highway into the desert on a dirt road I play the album "Conditions of My Parole" by Puscifer. If that album isn't desert rock, I don't know what is.

Eagles greatest hits!

Any endless stoner Metal from Europe.

I actually plan on going to Vegas soon, and will drive to LA too, so this is useful

Know what I'd be rocking. Easy.

Came here to say anything Kyuss....or Queens of the Stone Age Album "Songs for the Deaf", which is literally supposed to be whats its like to drive thru the desert listenning to Desert Radio stations.

I personally LOOOVVEE to Listen to "Animals" by Pink Floyd front to back on any extended road trip.

there is only one song for traveling the desert highways,and its this!

I'm been working on a Spotify playlist with the best songs to drive to. Will post later when its finished

Back