Sounds like a clear case of tainted supplements (Jon Jones)

Then what, he was taking some ancient outdated steroid that isn't even commercially made anymore and is probably at the top of USADA's list of most commonly used banned substances?

These days we have designer PED's, why would Jones be taking some trash from the 60's-70's that is likely far less effective than newer drugs and very easily detected under modern drug testing?
Why do athletes take specific drugs?

They want something which works (and T-Bol obviously does) and something which either has a short testing window or can be masked. In the past T-bol has been hard to test for with a very narrow window. The fact that it isn't commercially available makes it more likely that Jones takes it, not less, since it is less likely to be tested for (bear in mind there are thousands of compounds to test for and as few as 20 are run on a single sample).

The idea that t-bol isn't designer so Jones wouldn't use it is ridiculous, and ignores his previous whacky T/E ratios. At this point it should be clear that he has been using for some time.

No just no...
/thread

Is that Chung Li in your AV? Regardless yummo

Russian Olympic Athletes used Turinabol in Beijing 2008. That stuff is really strong and effective. I'm guessing that his masking agents failed him, maybe because of the hard weight cut.

Then what, he was taking some ancient outdated steroid that isn't even commercially made anymore and is probably at the top of USADA's list of most commonly used banned substances?

These days we have designer PED's, why would Jones be taking some trash from the 60's-70's that is likely far less effective than newer drugs and very easily detected under modern drug testing?
Because Turinabol in a stack won't add estrogen, and because it has a short detection window on regular tests.
Only the newer specialized test will detect metabolite up to 2months+ after ingestion, which isn't done on every sample as standard, unless there is indication that warrants a need for it.

Jones and his team are still at fault even if it was a tainted supplement.

it is their responsibility to use clean supplements. they should have tested the stuff Jones took.

but lets cut the crap. Jones is just a cheat. he fucked up to many times to be innocent. popped twice. hid under a ring when they wanted to collect a sample. numerous f*ckups concerning his personal life. you guys are insane if you believe this man is innocent.

Sounds more like a case of "Jon's and his entire team would have to be criminally stupid to pick up a tub of some shady 'gymbro 9000' coming off a PED suspension." What are odds that Jones just keeps coming across all these "tainted supplements"?

What are the odds Jones is dumb enough to get popped for a very commonplace well known roid that athletes have been getting popped for since 50 years ago?

Common sense dictates that If you're gonna cheat under strict testing you don't take the most obvious shit on the list, you try to find alternatives or go to a guy like Victor Conte and pay him to brew you up some new shit.

Why do athletes take specific drugs?

They want something which works (and T-Bol obviously does) and something which either has a short testing window or can be masked. In the past T-bol has been hard to test for with a very narrow window. The fact that it isn't commercially available makes it more likely that Jones takes it, not less, since it is less likely to be tested for (bear in mind there are thousands of compounds to test for and as few as 20 are run on a single sample).

The idea that t-bol isn't designer so Jones wouldn't use it is ridiculous, and ignores his previous whacky T/E ratios. At this point it should be clear that he has been using for some time.

You make it sounds like it's the best shit out there, please, there must be hundreds of derivatives these days and far more sophisticated PEDs.

Is that Chung Li in your AV?
Yup.

Russian Olympic Athletes used Turinabol in Beijing 2008. That stuff is really strong and effective. I'm guessing that his masking agents failed him, maybe because of the hard weight cut.
They are Russian's, they don't have access to anything even remotely modern. Hell, they don't even have access modern gyms.

You make it sounds like it's the best shit out there, please, there must be hundreds of derivatives these days and far more sophisticated PEDs..

No, I make it sound like exactly what it is: effective in enhancing performance and unless specifically tested for, not easily detected. That is why Jones would take this substance. It works, and unless USADA knew what they were looking for it would be unlikely he would be caught.

Apply Ockham's razor, with all the evidence in mind.

They are Russian's, they don't have access to anything even remotely modern. Hell, they don't even have access modern gyms.
russian olympic team has access to all the facilities and technology they could ask for

I'm still undecided about all this. The argument that they wouldn't do some stupid sh-t like taking some random thing from lifting bros makes sense. Yet so does the "he wouldn't pass those other tests and then do something risky when he knows exactly when he'll be tested" argument. And I really respected and got the vibe from his post fight comments that he'd grown up and transformed in a positive way. So at this point my sense is that even if he did take something he didnt know that he was doing so. But like everyone else i'll wait and see what the rest of evidence proves..

Believe what ever you want.

Deep down you know the truth.

Check the supplements before you take them, idiot.

Do people actually believe this shit?

"Tainted supplement"
<36>

It's still very possible, even probable, that this is what happened.

People need to keep an open mind still sheesh.....

this absolutely.

i mean how else do you explain it? maybe he's built up a tolerance to those pecker pills and other masking agents from the last time he tried to play the game.

is there anything inside or outside of the cage that this guy wont try to cheat his way around?

He'd still be at fault unless the supplement was a reputable one. If he's taking some random broscience supplement by some sketchy company, then he's at fault. Most supplements are useless besides the basic nutritional ones. There's no need for a pro athlete to be taking the latest fad pill or powder.

If his major brand whey protein was tainted then it's not his fault. If his jacked up gorilla test pills were tainted, then screw him.

No, I make it sound like exactly what it is: effective in enhancing performance and unless specifically tested for, not easily detected. That is why Jones would take this substance. It works, and unless USADA knew what they were looking for it would be unlikely he would be caught.

Apply Ockham's razor, with all the evidence in mind.
This is the same drug Mir got popped for. It might be hard to detect but it is a commonplace well known PED that can in fact be tested for and we are dealing with USADA here.

Hence, tainted supplements, tainted horse meat, dick pills, etc or Jones is a complete idiot.

Did you rabidly defend Frank Mir when he tested positive to the same steroid last year or do you only twist logic when it's about your favorite fighters? People still test positive with turinabol today, but for some reason it's super suspicious when a known cheater gets caught?

My thoughts - I think it's totally plausible that Jones was taking some shady 'muscle fiber 9000 XXXL' bullshit supplement as part of his lifting regimen and popped because of it.

Dude is sponsored by a legit supplements company and has access to all the safe, tested and legal supplements he needs. Taking anything outside of that is Russian roulette for a pro athlete that already failed previous tests.

It makes no sense that Jones passed 2 random tests but then popped on the test they knew about.

Yes it does, because of the accumulated effects of masking agents wearing off and dehydration. Sonnen tested positive twice in like two weeks and it was for different products each time, cheaters don't have a perfect formula to hide all their stuff.

Back