Soukhamthath Responds To Accusations of Stupidity and Fixing

Finally saw the whole fight, it was exactly this. Was a dumb, dumb move but it's pretty easy to tell why it happened.

Plus the entire notion that they'd fix a fight for a guy yet LET HIM GET HIS LEG FUCKED UP is about the dumbest shit I've ever heard.

I can hear Dana now... "Yo we gotta protect this kid to move him up, we need stars. Tell Souk we'll pay him to lose. But tell him to do it in the third round after injuring Sean's leg so bad he could be out for a year or longer. You know, just to make it seem real,"

Makes all the sense in the world....

The leg injury was an unintended freak accident that happened due to O' Malley being fragile.

The leg injury was an unintended freak accident that happened due to O' Malley being fragile.

LOL no, it wasn't a "freak accident". Being kicked very hard in the leg and the leg getting injured isn't an accident of any kind, it's called "the most likely outcome".

Soukhamthath had multiple opportunities in the first two rounds to throw away the fight if that was his intent. Guy was out on his feet. He obviously wanted to fight.

People do stupid shit sometimes, esp in the heat of the moment and esp when you may or may not be concussed. He's no rocket scientist. Guy is a mid level mma fighter who made 19k to show for this fight. I'm sure he'd risk his career for another 19k so he can buy a ford focus or some shit (I purposely didn't use an Asian model b/c that would be racist).

He also bagged 50k for fotn. Considering it happened late in the fight and Soukhamthath getting the comeback stoppage would've made it even more dramatic, I highly doubt this is anything more than what I already mentioned. Some dude who made the wrong decision in the midst of a grueling fight. It happens all the time.

Yeah and the leg kicks had nothing to do with it right?

<puh-lease75>

Seeing as the actual injury occurred when O'Malley threw a kick that was blocked, I'm going to say no.

Not to mention that he injured his ankle and leg kicks target the calves and thighs.

LOL no, it wasn't a "freak accident". Being kicked very hard in the leg and the leg getting injured isn't an accident of any kind, it's called "the most likely outcome".

You should rewatch the fight. O' Malley hurt his leg when he kicked Soukhamthat's forearm. You can see him limping right after, and Cormier caught it.

This happened right before Soukhathat kicked O' Malley.

I was already suspicious at the weigh ins. I remember thinking to myself this is the happiest most confident guy I've ever seen at weigh ins like he already won

Better check the financial records

Why is everyone on Sherdog all over this guy? He doesn't have very many fights, and it's easy to lose your head in the moment. I'm sure you motherfuckers would have made perfect decisions in that fight and pulled out the victory, right?

I was already suspicious at the weigh ins. I remember thinking to myself this is the happiest most confident guy I've ever seen at weigh ins like he already won

Better check the financial records

Nah, they're too smart for that.

Easy way to give Soukhamthat money is by giving him more fights in the future and pay him a bit more each time, or give him a performance bonus of $50k.

He should have said that he wanted to win "fairly", and not by OLeggy getting DQ due to injury. So he chose to take him down rather than get the easy win. Then it wouldnt have been a completely dumb decision but perhaps a more "honourable fighter" schtick.

It’s one or the other: He is not a smart fighter, or the fight was a fxxking fix.

Soukhamthath had multiple opportunities in the first two rounds to throw away the fight if that was his intent. Guy was out on his feet. He obviously wanted to fight.
What is to say that you don't throw it by agreeing to only try to decision someone or get subbed? That would align with agreeing to not get KO'ed (and still possibly getting legit KO'ed if you can't defend well) which provides basically all the best outcomes and none of the worst:
-Omalley gets a legit KO or SUB
-Omalley gets a fake sub
-Omalley gets resume building tune up experience decision (what happened+bonus drama)
Not happening:
-Overly fake looking KO
-Omalley being made to stand up when hurt

I'm not even gonna say it's for sure a fix, but it's so stupid that I would be more stupid than Soukhamath to not run the thought.

Last edited:
I don't think the UFC paid him to throw the fight, it's too risky for them just to build up one fighter, doesn't make sense. I do think he threw the fight though and I've mentioned this before, I think it's more like he was approached by people to throw it like bang was (betting line moved right before the fight like the bang fight too) and he tried to make it look like he was trying so it wouldn't be obvious but he fought like a guy doing everything he could just enough not to risk winning. I actually really hate this, thinking about this makes me depressed, I'm not gonna post or think about it anymore

What is to say that you don't throw it by agreeing to only try to decision someone or get subbed? That would align with agreeing to not get KO'ed (and still possibly getting legit KO'ed if you can't defend well) which provides basically all the best outcomes and none of the worst:
-Omalley gets a legit KO or SUB
-Omalley gets a fake sub
-Omalley gets resume building tune up experience decision (what happened+bonus drama)
Not happening:
-Overly fake looking KO
-Omalley being made to stand up when hurt

That is oddly specific and completely unnecessary if the goal is to fix a fight.

whether it was true or not I'd say I was concussed and didn't even remember the fight. :p

whether it was true or not I'd say I was concussed and didn't even remember the fight. :p

congratulations.gif

Back