Sorry other glove question...Boxing vs Mai Thai

Have you tried Top King? My Super Air have a grip bar.

The Fairtex BVG9 arrived last week and so far I am really pleased with them, much better shape and feel compared to both the BGV1-T and Twins I had. The grip bar makes all the difference. Thanks for the advice and by ordering from Thailand I saved a fair few ££££ as well :)

You're welcome mate, glad you're happy with them :)

Hello.

After spending lots of time on her looking at what gloves to get for pad/bag work I decided on some 14oz Fairtex BGV1-T, I have been using them for a few sessions and to be honest I am not too keen on them.

I like the size as they are not too big I don't find forming a fist in them that comfortable. Could it be due to lack of a grip bar? I only box so I don't need to be able to hold etc. What would an alternative glove be? Also given I weigh around 190lb if I start sparing I would use 16oz but for the bag/pads should I use smaller say 14 or even 12?

Any help as always appreciated!

How many Mai Thais come with a pair of Mai Thai gloves?

You're welcome mate, glad you're happy with them :)
Hey mate....really enjoying the BVG9 thinking of going to a boxing club so not just home training....what would you recommend for sparing in 16oz I posted another thread not sure if u saw it but your advice was spot on here

Hey mate....really enjoying the BVG9 thinking of going to a boxing club so not just home training....what would you recommend for sparing in 16oz I posted another thread not sure if u saw it but your advice was spot on here

Hey mate I have the Fairtex BGV6 for sparring. They're a sparring only glove.

Back