Sorry but I just don't see how Khabib beats Conor

Mammothman

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
As the fight gets closer I have a feeling that Khabib won't respect Conor's power and we know this is death sentence in the octagon, I also think people are trying to use the Floyd fight to justify dumb statements like "he got exposed", "power is overrated", blah, blah. to discredit Conor.

I think Khabib will go forward and try to clinch or take Conor down like he did with Barboza from the very beginning of the fight but unfortunately for Khabib he will have to eat several punches from Conor first, also Conor is way dangerous when is fresh and we know he is somebody that you just can't eat a couple of shots, in MMA he still have the "touch of death" and sadly Khabib doesn't have the necessary striking to safely close the distance with Conor.

The only way Khabib win this is if he have a Nate Diaz level chin and we are not sure how good that chin is, also Conor already hinted that Khabib might have a glass jaw so who knows.

I might get called a moron and that's ok but does anybody else is thinking the same?

It's not like Khabib spent an entire training camp working on negating Conor's only weapon.
Also Conor already hinted that Khabib might have a glass jaw so who knows.
Conor hinted at it? Ya don't say.

Who's his source, Tony McGregor?
{<jordan}

Last edited:
You're not a "moron" by any means for your opinion, in thinking the fight could be lop-sided.

That said, if anything the fight game has taught me after watching it for decades, it is that any man can be beaten on a given night by another.

There is never a "shoe-in" when it comes to combat sports, and particularly with two fighters who both have great strengths, AND weaknesses the other can exploit.

I seriously doubt Khabib is going to underestimate Conor's striking; he will do all he can to take this fight to the ground as soon as possible.

With that said, I have no clue who wins but I am looking forward to finding out.

Yes you are a moron, Khabib has much more ways to win the fight than Conor does. And Conor "hinting" that Khabib has a glass chin is based off his Chechen friends supposedly stereotyping Dagestani fighters as having glass chins.

As long as Khabib doesn't try to stand in the pocket and trade with Conor, I don't see how he doesn't beat Conor.

As the fight gets closer I have a feeling that Khabib won't respect Conor's power and we know this is death sentence in the octagon, I also think people are trying to use the Floyd fight to justify dumb statements like "he got exposed", "power is overrated", blah, blah. to discredit Conor.

I think Khabib will go forward and try to clinch or take Conor down like he did with Barboza from the very beginning of the fight but unfortunately for Khabib he will have to eat several punches from Conor first, also Conor is way dangerous when is fresh and we know he is somebody that you just can't eat a couple of shots, in MMA he still have the "touch of death" and sadly Khabib doesn't have the necessary striking to safely close the distance with Conor.

The only way Khabib win this is if he have a Nate Diaz level chin and we are not sure how good that chin is, also Conor already hinted that Khabib might have a glass jaw so who knows.

I might get called a moron and that's ok but does anybody else is thinking the same?
Yeah, I'm with you. I want khabib to smash Conor but I can totally see how he gets flash koed while closing the distance. Conor is very accurate.

With that said, you are a moron.

Well shit, dude, you might be blind if you can’t see.

Well I look forward to seeing you get mind blown come the following sunday.

Conor has the advantage in this fight, and he's a more proven combatant at the highest level. Whenever you have a striker vs grappler matchup in MMA, if the organization features a cage over a ring the striker has the clear advantage, then you add in 5min rounds where Conor gets back to his feet every round and it's an uphill battle for Khabib. Conor is the safe bet because we don't know enough about Khabib. Khabib may have an iron jaw and grapple fuck cardio for 25minutes, but I doubt it.

As long as Khabib doesn't try to stand in the pocket and trade with Conor, I don't see how he doesn't beat Conor.

Stand in the pocket or charge forward swinging wildly (as against Barboza) once Conor backs up. I have a feeling that Conor will quickly plant and connect if that happens. Odds still favour the grappler though.

No need to apologize, it's your opinion

Conor has the advantage in this fight, and he's a more proven combatant at the highest level. Whenever you have a striker vs grappler matchup in MMA, if the organization features a Cage over a ring the striker has the clear advantage,
Khabib has made a career out of using the cage to wrestlefuck his opponents, what kind of asinine logic is this?

The thing with grappling is that the fight start on the feet and I just don't think Khabib will able to implement his amazing grappling skills with Conor without taking a couple of shots and I think those shots are going to hurt Khabib very bad, obviously Khabib is insanely better grappler(d'oh) and have better cardio but I think his horrible hands will hold him back in this fight

Back