Soreness equals results?

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by Niels, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Niels

Niels Orange Belt

I just started working out every other day, but i never feel really sore the next day. Even though i feel the burn during exercising and do 3 sets of different exercises until failure for about 45 minutes - 70 minutes

Is this normal or should i just train harder?

2. Demogoblin

Demogoblin Black Belt

swimming and pool work will take away the soreness but i just made a post about that .. swimming unlike dry gyms .. there are a lot of romos that hang around wet gyms .. you would think that wet gyms are more co-ed .. they are not !
    bj penn said swimming helped him immensly with his striking and the ability to keep his hands up without getting tired in his muscles

3. Niels

Niels Orange Belt

Wait what?

hearthstone25 likes this.
  4. Demogoblin

Demogoblin Black Belt

sorry, i just see too many threads about people complaining about " soreness" in the body after the workout .. first time i have seen someone cocerned they arent feeling sore except some people compain they arent getting soreness in their abs just their back when they do ab-work also excuse my typing and grammar my right index finger is broken
    i usually ignore those threads because i dont like to encourage anyone to get into swimming , saunas or wet gyms .. due to something called egg-gas which feels good in the short run but in the long run is unhealty

Niels likes this.
  5. Sano

Sano Black Belt

It's fine. It's arguably better as you can keep up your training volume more efficiently. As long as you still progressively get better or increase the load over time, and find the workouts fun, then it's all good.

j-boxing and Niels like this.
  6. deadshot138

deadshot138 Black Belt

No, soreness means you fucked up. I’m running Smolov and have yet to experience thigh DOMS because I foam roll and stretch after each session.

7. Sano

Sano Black Belt

Building a tolerance to your workload through consistency and high frequency is much more important for not experiencing DOMS than foam rolling or stretching, although the two are good additions.

Thepaintbucket likes this.
  8. deadshot138

deadshot138 Black Belt

I’ve been training for a long time, very little makes me sore anymore but I do believe stretching and rolling aids in recovery.

Sano likes this.
  9. Lord Palis

Lord Palis ♔ Post Malone

I'm always fucking sore because i go fucking full throttle everytime in the gym. Unlike most pussies, im ALWAYS increasing my weight, I'm always pushin, pullin or pressin. No days off. Max fucking testosterone pumping. Gets me hard just thinking about the next set i get to PUT UP!!

[​IMG]

10. CamMan14

CamMan14 White Belt

Soreness isn't a sign of a good training session. Chose consistency over intensity.

legkicktko and Niels like this.
  11. deadshot138

deadshot138 Black Belt

You’re just a noob, brah.

12. empsim

empsim Purple Belt

eccentric contraction (lowering the weight slowly/fighting against it) should get you sore if thats what you want

lots of different opinions if soreness is good/bad/doesnt matter

13. empsim

empsim Purple Belt

actually intensity is exactly what you want and consistency is not. you want the muscle to adapt, not get used to it...

funcrusher2007 likes this.
  14. CamMan14

CamMan14 White Belt

Adapting to an exercise is getting used to an exercise

15. empsim

empsim Purple Belt

well let me word it differently

those people with notebooks doing the exact exercise for exact reps with exact weight at exact days

thats what consistency sounds like for me, and its terrible imo

funcrusher2007 likes this.
  16. funcrusher2007

funcrusher2007 champion sound bwoy

Sore is good..

No sore..your muscles are conditioning themselves to your workout..which isn’t bad if that’s what your going for...but for growth, up your reps or weight..bomb those muscles till you literally can’t lift one more rep.

You want to shock those bad boys and then rest properly so they can heal stronger and bigger.

17. hearthstone25

hearthstone25 Green Belt

I actually schedule Soreness workouts according to my plans. For instance i bar hop on Thursdays sooooo i do a Soreness workout every thursday as i like to feel yoked as fuuuuuu when mackin on the ladies ya feel me?

18. Sano

Sano Black Belt

I know you are joking but that is literally the worst thing you can do. Work out like a madman with high load and intensity and then go get wasted, that's a no go for recovery. If you are just doing curls and chest flys or whatever then it's fine.

JinKazama likes this.
  19. Gfreak

Gfreak Purple Belt

So much misinformation in this thread....

j-boxing likes this.
  20. Casanova11

Casanova11 Banned Banned

For bodybuilding and powerlifting, being sore is good.

For sports, no. Go watch first part of rogan podcast with zahabi. I disagree with him a little because i think a little soreness is ok, but u should go easy on lifting lots of heavy weight imo