Sore Throat from a Choke

Graunie

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Anyone have a sore throat from a nasty gi choke that lasted more than a week? Just wondering if this could be considered normal. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Was getting better then I woke up this morning and it hurts on one side when I swallow. Almost liek if I was sick and had a sore throat, but just on one side. Wierd...

usually not a week, but when we drill chokes, or if i get choked really hard, sometimes my throat will hurt for a few days.

The one time it did last a while, some ogreish white belt put me in a sloppy (but really strong) RNC, that instead of cutting off my arteries, restricted my throat...that probably did hurt for a week, i had a bit of trouble talking afterwords, haha.

It's probably syphilus.

usually not a week, but when we drill chokes, or if i get choked really hard, sometimes my throat will hurt for a few days.

The one time it did last a while, some ogreish white belt put me in a sloppy (but really strong) RNC, that instead of cutting off my arteries, restricted my throat...that probably did hurt for a week, i had a bit of trouble talking afterwords, haha.

same thing happened to me. except the person applying the crappy choke was a woman that had trained "self defense" previously. she was bending my fingers and applying chokes that kill, rather than incompacitate :( my throat still hurts a little from that actually... and its been a while

Yup, I had the same thing happen and it lasted nearly two weeks. Hurt to swallow etc. Felt just like strep or a normal soar throat.

Anyone have a sore throat from a nasty gi choke that lasted more than a week? Just wondering if this could be considered normal. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Was getting better then I woke up this morning and it hurts on one side when I swallow. Almost liek if I was sick and had a sore throat, but just on one side. Wierd...

Nope, probably have to amputate IMO...

Yea I've had it happen too. Not that long though. The worst only lasted 5 days for me.

It shouldnt last a whole week.

I have had a sore throat for a week a few times.
guillotines mostly and nasty clock chokes

Yup, I had the same thing happen and it lasted nearly two weeks. Hurt to swallow etc. Felt just like strep or a normal soar throat.

I had the exact same experience. During a drill a newbie slapped on a windpipe choke real hard. It crushed my windpipe before I had a chance to tap. My throat was sore for about 2 weeks.

When I first started, when we learned chokes, my throat did feel sore for a few days. It went away after a couple of days and hasn't occurred since.

I had the exact same experience. During a drill a newbie slapped on a windpipe choke real hard. It crushed my windpipe before I had a chance to tap. My throat was sore for about 2 weeks.

i seriously doubt it crushed your windpipe... did they have to do a tracheostomy after?

Happened to me last Tuesday and it still hurts to sneeze or blow my nose. Pretty painful deal.

Back