Sooo Is Anthony Joshua on roids?

Status
Not open for further replies.

muggy love

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Anthony Joshua looks like Ubereem who was notorious for being on roids. AJ puts WWE wrestlers to shame, how can he be clean? I know Africans are naturally very muscular but If he took a USADA test, I think he would hit record PED level's. I really hope he isn't juicing, he looks like a heavy weight champ, he's very likable and he's fun to watch. A lot of body builders who weight lift for a living can't look as yolked as him, alright you get the point.

Which organization will be doing the testing for Joshua/Parker?

Idk man have you seen those nigerian soccer players? They're jacked, their chest looks like its about to blow up from their shirt. But because he is 197cm tall I doubt Joshua is on something other than freaky genetics + great nutrition.

Parker looks like a brickhouse too BTW.

They're clean as far as somebody says they're not.

to be honest, he'd be a damn fool if he wasn't.

if i recall correctly, none of these guys is tested year-round, they begin their testing when they announce the fight.

Some fuckers do get caught, he doesn't. Part of being a pro is not getting caught, he does that better than quite a few guys who don't look nearly as huge. If we start throwing accusations to any muscular athlete we'll quickly run out of time to do anything else.

to be honest, he'd be a damn fool if he wasn't.

if i recall correctly, none of these guys is tested year-round, they begin their testing when they announce the fight.
for real? so only UFC fighters get USADA reps knocking on their front door at 6 am unanounced all year round? meh world isnt fair anyway.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/5475001/anthony-joshua-drugs-joseph-parker-steroids/

The Matchroom kingpin said: “We pay something like £30k every fight, to make sure the fighters are tested.

“As soon as the contract is signed, that testing is under way, that’s WADA. We optionally sign up for that

“We are also with UKAD, through the BBBofC and that’s 365 days a year, random whereabouts testing.

“The last three or four fights we have been test eight times in camp by UKAD and WADA over a 12-week period.

“We are also on 365 days a year WADA testing for the WBA. People ask ‘why is he not on the WBC (testing programme) but he is not a WBC fighter.

“The WBA now have 365 days testing and he pays for additional for random testing and the UKAD.

“He is the one pushing for a clean sport.”

Most high level boxers are on some form of PED's and its not necessarily steroids. Most steroids don't really benefit boxers. Plenty of them take stuff like EPO, Sarms and HGH which I think AJ is on due to his palumboism.

The guys that fail tests usually is because their PED guy messed up or the drug didn't leave the system as planned. Certain fighters are also protected by their promotions. Especially if that fighter makes them tons of money. We look at the sport as fans. The whole "who would win out of these 2" mentality. Promoters on the other hand look at the sport more as "how much money can we make".

I personally think all PED's should be legalized and it should be taken in a safe way. That way no one has an edge over the other. Ignorant people think these are magic drugs which they are not. The main purpose for boxers to take them is for recovery. Train harder for longer which does give a fighter an edge but not as much as haters make out. Haters will stand around waiting for something to come out about a specific fighter and jump all over it as if that fighter wouldn't be where he is without the PED's which is false. PED's don't make you a more skilful fighter and as we've seen plenty guys who show up positive have lost the fights they were caught in.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/5475001/anthony-joshua-drugs-joseph-parker-steroids/

The Matchroom kingpin said: “We pay something like £30k every fight, to make sure the fighters are tested.

“As soon as the contract is signed, that testing is under way, that’s WADA. We optionally sign up for that

“We are also with UKAD, through the BBBofC and that’s 365 days a year, random whereabouts testing.

“The last three or four fights we have been test eight times in camp by UKAD and WADA over a 12-week period.

“We are also on 365 days a year WADA testing for the WBA. People ask ‘why is he not on the WBC (testing programme) but he is not a WBC fighter.

“The WBA now have 365 days testing and he pays for additional for random testing and the UKAD.

“He is the one pushing for a clean sport.”
well this is encouraging.

i read somewhere that both joshua and klitschko were only tested during camp, which is kind of silly. hopefully what you posted is true and they really are tested year round.

there was a good article on how floyd wasn't tested when he had no fight signed, i'll try to dig it out. explained quite a few issues with current anti doping systems.

found it: https://www.sbnation.com/longform/2015/9/9/9271811/can-boxing-trust-usada

“Mayweather is not doing ‘Olympic-style testing,’” Conte states. “Olympic testing means that you can be tested twenty-four hours a day, 365 days a year. If USADA was serious about boxing becoming a clean sport, it would say, ‘We don’t do one-offs. If you sign up for USADA testing, we reserve the right to test you at any time 365-24-7.’ But that’s not what USADA does with Mayweather or any other fighter that I know of.”

“The benefits that an athlete retains from using anabolic steroids and certain other PEDs carry over for months,” Conte continues. “Anybody who knows anything about the way these drugs work knows that you don’t perform at your best when you’re actually on the drugs. You get maximum benefit after the use stops. I can’t tell you what Floyd Mayweather is and isn’t doing. What he could be doing is this. The fight is over. First, he uses these drugs for tissue repair. Then he can stay on them until he announces his next fight, at which time he’s the one who decides when the next round of testing starts. And by the time testing starts, the drugs have cleared his system.

“Do I know that’s what’s happening? No, I don’t. I do know that the testing period for Mayweather’s fights is getting shorter and shorter. What is it for this one? Five weeks? The whole concept of one man dictating the testing schedule is wrong. But USADA lets Mayweather do it. USADA is not doing effective comprehensive testing on Floyd Mayweather. Testing for four or five weeks before a fight is nonsense.”

2015 makes it pretty outdated, but i still think it's relevant. if you want guys tested properly, USADA might not be the best idea.

Let's be real, he looks like the posterboy for HGH.
Usually I don't really care that much about doping when it's an adult athlete, but it's a bit different when it comes to combat sports.
There's the possibility that a clean fighter gets a brutal beating by a doper and ends up permanently damaged and the other guy taking PEDs could be the straw that broke the camel's back. When it comes to many other sports the impicationss are minor, one looses to a doper, but in boxing or other combat sports the stakes are just so much higher.

Let's be real, he looks like the posterboy for HGH.
Usually I don't really care that much about doping when it's an adult athlete, but it's a bit different when it comes to combat sports.
There's the possibility that a clean fighter gets a brutal beating by a doper and ends up permanently damaged and the other guy taking PEDs could be the straw that broke the camel's back. When it comes to many other sports the impicationss are minor, one looses to a doper, but in boxing or other combat sports the stakes are just so much higher.

I agree about PEDs but the only rumours Ive heard about him doping are from fans based in his physique. Its laughable with absolutely zero substance

Read the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back