Sony just screwed me with blatant false advertising.

Ice That Jaw

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I recently purchased a month of PS Now so I could replay Red Dead Redemption and several games caught my eye. They all had on thing in common -- they were lightgun games. Umbrella & Darkside Chronicles and House of the Dead 3/4/Overkill. Each game boasted PS Move support.

So I did what needed to be done to fully enjoy these games. I ordered the PS Move starter bundle from Amazon. When it arrived I installed only to find out that the camera included is not compatible with the PS4. Ok, so I sucked it up and returned the bundle and instead purchased a Move controller and the PS4 camera individually.

So when they arrived I set them up and the PS Move works just fine in the PS4 menus. So I boot up Umbrella Chronicles but the motion controller isn't recognized no matter what I do. Then I do some googling and on a forum a poster states that PS Now games do not support the Move controller or Camera in any way.

WTF!!!!!! So they don't support devices, yet on the PS Now pages for each game, they highlight in plain text that the game supports the Move controller! How did that even make it though Quality Assurance? That is literally blatant false advertising.

So, here I am, in this really frustrating predicament. So I give on PS Now and figure, ok, I'll just purchase the games directly from the PS Store. NOPE!!! None of these are available for purchase on the PS Store. The worst part is that I don't think I can even buy the actual disc games to play them on my PS4. So I have to return everything.

whats move support? I don't know how I feel about PS Now the only game I found on there that didn't seem limited is Ni no Kuni the other ones I played seemed somewhat clunky like Red Dead Redemption and the Sid Meier Civ game.

whats move support? I don't know how I feel about PS Now the only game I found on there that didn't seem limited is Ni no Kuni the other ones I played seemed somewhat clunky like Red Dead Redemption and the Sid Meier Civ game.

PS Move is like the Wii controller, it's meant for motion controlled games. I wanted to use it as a light gun for the RE and House of the Dead gun games. Now I'm officially screwed and I have to return everything.

Yeah, this is inexcusable.

Move and Kinnect didn't even make it into fad category, that's how bad they are.

Unfortunately, you are probably one of three people who have been fucked by this.

For what it's worth though, it is bullshit.

I'd just call Sony support, and throw a tantrum. That's about all you can do. Keep asking for superiors/managers. You never know, they might cave and give you something.

At least write a letter. That's a pretty big oversight so Sony should be happy to compensate you for bringing it to their attention and for the inconvenience suffered.

Unfortunately, you are probably one of three people who have been fucked by this.

For what it's worth though, it is bullshit.

I'd just call Sony support, and throw a tantrum. That's about all you can do. Keep asking for superiors/managers. You never know, they might cave and give you something.

This is true. Was going to suggest this. Contact there customer care team they maybe able to assist. Explain your situation and they may refund a game for you. They will probably say we can't do that which is BS.

It's better then being stuck with antiquated peripherals.

Move and Kinnect didn't even make it into fad category, that's how bad they are.
The Kinect is actually an phenomenal piece of hardware, and was an incredible value at launch, but a timeless truth you'll hear me iterate and reiterate:

Software >>> Hardware.

Without the former the latter is just an expensive hunk of metal. Hardware is never the end product. It is never the direct interface between the consumer and the device.

The Kinect is actually an phenomenal piece of hardware, and was an incredible value at launch, but a timeless truth you'll hear me iterate and reiterate:

Software >>> Hardware.

Without the former the latter is just an expensive hunk of metal. Hardware is never the end product. It is never the direct interface between the consumer and the device.

It's technologically phenomenal. Which has nothing to do with actually being what consumers want. I don't think software was the problem. I think the consumer simply did not want it even if it did what was advertised, and did not want to be forced to pay for something they didn't want.

It's technologically phenomenal. Which has nothing to do with actually being what consumers want. I don't think software was the problem. I think the consumer simply did not want it even if it did what was advertised, and did not want to be forced to pay for something they didn't want.
That's a very strong argument. I remember when Microsoft was watching the Wii fly like hotcakes, rubbing their hands together, going, "How do I get me some of that action?" So they throw this thing into the face of a 28-year-old guy on his couch with an Xbox Controller in his hands. He's like, "WTF is this? I didn't ask for this shit? I don't want to get off this couch. Who the fuck are you people talking to?"

That being said...name me one truly great Kinect game. Name me three very good ones. I get your point for why they're not being made, but here's mine. They Kinect is a great piece of hardware and it got made without them asking. So why can't they spit out some great games for it?

Because getting that Anderson Wii money is as far as they thought it through. They stopped trying after that. That's the software I'm talking about. Not firmware.

Software >>> Hardware.

Kind of surprising how many people don't get this.

Back