Television SILK: SPIDER SOCIETY (The Walking Dead Showrunner to Oversee Series, post #69)

Why is this a bad idea?

Female + Super Hero is sure to do good box office

Its a bad idea because its not under MCU (who obviously have proven success with their cinematic universe). Almost everyone knows anything marvel not under MCU will likely be a flop one off, boycott it/stream it ect thus the movie makes no money in return.

Its like sony wants to lose money. That and id take Kevin Feige over anyone not under MCU.

Venom, looks cool an all but what happens after that? A reboot? Lol such a waste of a Marvel movie knowing the direction of the other Marvel movies under MCU.

Last edited:
I can think of 9 off the top of my head.
Yeah, there are several. Spider-Miles, Spider-Gwen, Spider-Woman, a couple of Spider-Girls, Superior Spider-Man, Scarlet Spider, 2099, and probably a few others I've missed.

Yeah, there are several. Spider-Miles, Spider-Gwen, Spider-Woman, a couple of Spider-Girls, Superior Spider-Man, Scarlet Spider, 2099, and probably a few others I've missed.

Spiderman noir would have been cool tbh especially if someone like tim burton did it old batman returns style.

Should do Emma Stone as Spider Gwen and pretend like The Amazing Spider-man movies never happened. I'd fap to that....

Update: September 3, 2020

Spider-Man Spinoff SILK Live-Action Series in the Works at Sony Pictures Television

ctn6vdY.jpg

Silk could soon be the next Marvel character to get her own TV series, Variety has learned from sources. Variety has learned that Sony, which controls the rights to the Spider-Man universe, is developing a live-action series centered on Silk. Lauren Moon is in talks to write. Like Silk, Moon is Korean-American. Her past credits include the Freeform series Good Trouble and the Netflix series Atypical.

Phil Lord and Chris Miller are executive producing under their Lord Miller production banner along with former Sony Pictures Entertainment head Amy Pascal. Sony Pictures Television, where Lord Miller is under a rich overall deal, will produce. No network or streaming service is currently attached, but sources say Amazon is in talks to acquire the project, along with other potential Marvel series based on characters Sony controls.

It was reported in 2018 that Sony Pictures was in the early stages of development on a Silk standalone film. Later that same year, it was also reported that Sony was developing a female-led spinoff of Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse that would potentially focus on Silk, Spider-Gwen, and Spider-Woman.

The character Silk’s real name is Cindy Moon, a Korean-American classmate of Peter Parker’s. She was first introduced in the comic books in The Amazing Spider-Man #1 in 2014. Like Parker, she is bitten by a radioactive spider, which gives her the ability to move at incredible speed, shoot webs out of her fingertips, and possess an advanced Spider-Sense (known as Silk Sense). Tiffany Espensen played the character in the 2017 film Spider-Man: Homecoming. It is unknown at this time if she would star in the series.

When Lord & Miller’s new overall deal with Sony was announced, it was reported that they would work with the studio to develop a suite of television series based on Sony’s Marvel characters, with Silk now being the first. The deal also allows the pair to develop their own projects for network, cable and streaming platforms, as well as develop and supervise other writers’ projects. The duo previously produced the Oscar-winning animated film Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse at Sony, for which Lord also wrote the story and co-wrote the screenplay. Pascal was also a producer on that film.

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/silk-marvel-tv-series-live-action-1234758434/

So long as they don't do what they did with Powers and bury it on PSN so only a handful of people watch it. Even illegal downloads were sometimes hard to come by. I had French subtitles on one episode of season two...

Update: September 3, 2020

Spider-Man Spinoff SILK Live-Action Series in the Works at Sony Pictures Television

ctn6vdY.jpg

Silk could soon be the next Marvel character to get her own TV series, Variety has learned from sources. Variety has learned that Sony, which controls the rights to the Spider-Man universe, is developing a live-action series centered on Silk. Lauren Moon is in talks to write. Like Silk, Moon is Korean-American. Her past credits include the Freeform series Good Trouble and the Netflix series Atypical.

Phil Lord and Chris Miller are executive producing under their Lord Miller production banner along with former Sony Pictures Entertainment head Amy Pascal. Sony Pictures Television, where Lord Miller is under a rich overall deal, will produce. No network or streaming service is currently attached, but sources say Amazon is in talks to acquire the project, along with other potential Marvel series based on characters Sony controls.

It was reported in 2018 that Sony Pictures was in the early stages of development on a Silk standalone film. Later that same year, it was also reported that Sony was developing a female-led spinoff of Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse that would potentially focus on Silk, Spider-Gwen, and Spider-Woman.

The character Silk’s real name is Cindy Moon, a Korean-American classmate of Peter Parker’s. She was first introduced in the comic books in The Amazing Spider-Man #1 in 2014. Like Parker, she is bitten by a radioactive spider, which gives her the ability to move at incredible speed, shoot webs out of her fingertips, and possess an advanced Spider-Sense (known as Silk Sense). Tiffany Espensen played the character in the 2017 film Spider-Man: Homecoming. It is unknown at this time if she would star in the series.

When Lord & Miller’s new overall deal with Sony was announced, it was reported that they would work with the studio to develop a suite of television series based on Sony’s Marvel characters, with Silk now being the first. The deal also allows the pair to develop their own projects for network, cable and streaming platforms, as well as develop and supervise other writers’ projects. The duo previously produced the Oscar-winning animated film Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse at Sony, for which Lord also wrote the story and co-wrote the screenplay. Pascal was also a producer on that film.

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/silk-marvel-tv-series-live-action-1234758434/

<FookIsThatGuy>

Sony still trying to push that, "female-centric" garbage with obscure, pointless characters.

So, let me get this right. In the next 10 years, until this fad dies, we can expect all female characters from tiers D and E to get a live action movie?

Update: March 3, 2021

SILK Reportedly Heading to Amazon Prime; Adeline Rudoph Possibly Eyed to Star

yh9TBRZ.jpg

Late last year, we got confirmation that Sony Pictures was moving forward on the Silk series we first heard about back in 2018, and now The Illuminerdi has now shared some very interesting updates.

The show is reportedly heading to Amazon Prime, with The Walking Dead writer Sang Kyu Kim on board as showrunner and executive producer along with Chris Miller and Phil Lord. Chilling Adventures of Sabrina actress Adeline Rudolph is said to have taken a meeting about a role (presumably the lead), but we don't know if she's officially in talks.

According to the character breakdown, Cindy Moon, aka Silk, is "a kid from Queens who is on her own for the first time. Although she’s a total beginner in law enforcement and fighting crime, she is said to love the feeling of beating up criminals to let her frustrations out, and has an affinity for ‘80s and ‘90s pop culture."

In the comics, Moon was a classmate of Peter Parker’s, first introduced in the pages of The Amazing Spider-Man #1 back in 2014. After being bitten by a radioactive spider, she gained similar arachnid-based abilities and took the superhero mantle of Silk. Tiffany Espensen actually appeared as the character in Spider-Man: Homecoming.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/spid...dolph-possibly-eyed-to-star-a182897#gs.ulfuiv

I'm warming up to the idea of Silk TV series. The novelty of a female Korean-American superhero with Spider-Man-like powers is appealing to me. I've seen Adeline from Sabrina and she is definitely a looker. Hope she gets the role.

If not Adeline, hope it goes to actress Natasha Liu Bordizzo (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon 2, Guns Akimbo) who is also a stunner. She's my No. 1 fancast for Silk.

nova.jpg

Sounds cool, but godddamn I didn't realize how many people have been bitten by radioactive spiders in the marvel universe. Doesn't anyone radiate any other bitey/stingey creatures? Where's the ant man who is just proportionally super strong, and has crushing bite strength? Or Bee girl, Flea boy, Mosquito man, etc?

I want to see a movie about the greatest superhero of them all, "I have a personality that extends beyond my gender and activism woman"

Update: March 3, 2021

SILK Reportedly Heading to Amazon Prime; Adeline Rudoph Possibly Eyed to Star

yh9TBRZ.jpg

Late last year, we got confirmation that Sony Pictures was moving forward on the Silk series we first heard about back in 2018, and now The Illuminerdi has now shared some very interesting updates.

The show is reportedly heading to Amazon Prime, with The Walking Dead writer Sang Kyu Kim on board as showrunner and executive producer along with Chris Miller and Phil Lord. Chilling Adventures of Sabrina actress Adeline Rudolph is said to have taken a meeting about a role (presumably the lead), but we don't know if she's officially in talks.

According to the character breakdown, Cindy Moon, aka Silk, is "a kid from Queens who is on her own for the first time. Although she’s a total beginner in law enforcement and fighting crime, she is said to love the feeling of beating up criminals to let her frustrations out, and has an affinity for ‘80s and ‘90s pop culture."

In the comics, Moon was a classmate of Peter Parker’s, first introduced in the pages of The Amazing Spider-Man #1 back in 2014. After being bitten by a radioactive spider, she gained similar arachnid-based abilities and took the superhero mantle of Silk. Tiffany Espensen actually appeared as the character in Spider-Man: Homecoming.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/spid...dolph-possibly-eyed-to-star-a182897#gs.ulfuiv

I approve of miss Rudolph

Sounds cool, but godddamn I didn't realize how many people have been bitten by radioactive spiders in the marvel universe. Doesn't anyone radiate any other bitey/stingey creatures? Where's the ant man who is just proportionally super strong, and has crushing bite strength? Or Bee girl, Flea boy, Mosquito man, etc?

Be funny if one was a possum. Fucking rabid crackhead looking superhero who's real identity is Tyrone.

I'm warming up to the idea of Silk TV series. The novelty of a female Korean-American superhero with Spider-Man-like powers is appealing to me. I've seen Adeline from Sabrina and she is definitely a looker. Hope she gets the role.

If not Adeline, hope it goes to actress Natasha Liu Bordizzo (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon 2, Guns Akimbo) who is also a stunner. She's my No. 1 fancast for Silk.

nova.jpg

I could get behind her.

<{yearp}>

I'm intrigued.

Always approved of 'Spider Woman' variation of Spider-Man, as opposed to Miles Morales who I've only enjoyed in 'Into The Spider-Verse.'

Hoping this series is good and HOPEFULLY Sony has learned to keep the condescending woke bullshit to a minimum.

Sounds cool, depending on the road they take, i.e.

Would hate for this to become some woke/PC/SJW shitfest.

50d50r.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back