Sony Announce Playstation Classic with 20 preinstalled games

I actually bought one of the sega genesis/mega drive preinstalled units, to play along with my nephew when he came over and before santa gave him a PS4 last Christmas, I would've thought the graphics and stuff would've seen him lose interest but he enjoys more games than I do and its actually me, who's critical of the graphics

20 games is not much when you consider the Playstations awesome library

I just preordered one from Best Buy for fun.

I just got the NES / SNES classics, but I think I'm going to pass on any more of these if the game offering is so minimal. They gotta find a way to publish the whole library, maybe by approaching the devs / publishers and using the release as a marketing tool to advertise their upcoming games.

Twenty games is a joke. They at least need:
  • Metal Gear Solid
  • Resident Evils 1-3
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Spyro the Dragon
  • Drivers 1 & 2
  • Silent Hill
  • PaRappa the Rapper
  • Twisted Metals 1-4
  • WWFs In Your House / Attitude / SmackDown 2
  • Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2
  • Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
  • Syphon Filters 1-3

Last edited by a moderator:
The whole 20? You can download 20 PS1 roms in 5 minutes.

So excited to learn about the existence of emulators again.

As a collectors item, fine, but if I really want to play the games, it's not like finding them is difficult.

As great as the PS1 was, I don't think it gives off that nostalgia vibe as well as Nintendo's old consoles. At least not for me, because the games have always been available to play throughout the generations on all consoles. Whether it was through backwards compatibility, or downloads, they were always there. It's not like the NES or SNES, whereas before the virtual console, you would need those systems to play those games. You could emulate them of course, but that was kind of niche.

I don't know, it just doesn't seem all that special.

No thanks. I bought both Nintendo classics and I barely, if ever, play them. Nostalgia is a wonderful thing but it only lasts so long.

I'd rather they just release an emulator for ps4 and charge like $5 for games. I'd buy up a ton of games again like xenogears, Castlevania SoTN, wild arms, cronocross, brave fencer musashi, etc

I bought the NES and SNES classics but I can’t see myself getting this. A lot of these games you can buy for PS3 or PS4 on the online store.

This.

Thanks, Nintendo. I blame you for what's happening to Emu Paradise.
I looked into this less than a month ago, along with another poster or 2, and we all found the emulators and roms still easily.

As i predicted, everyone that bought the classics have hardly played them. Thats how i was when i emulated the games. Just a brief time then onto the next. That said, i dont know about ps1 games. I dont know if it was on Cinemassacre.com, but ps1 games look awful. Back then, polygons were state of the art to me. Today, im very well aware that im playing a game during an experimental time.

Id like to learn how to emulate ps2 games and i really need to get on the ball with this because i loved Castlevania Lament of Innocence, and psn doesnt offer it.

They complete with those old ass graphics?

Do I have to flip it upside down to play it?

I don't know if PS1 will bring the same feelz as the classic NES and SNES.

$100 for 20 PS1 games.. eeehhh i'll probably pass.

I think the only game I would really want to play again is Wild Arms. If Final Fantasy 7 wasn't being remastered then maybe that. I have Castlevania SON elsewhere so I am okay with that one.

Another classic example of Nintendo leading the way with an idea only to have others ripping of its ideas... lol

My PS3 is still hooked up to my TV and plays ps1 games just fine. And I have more than 20 games.
Should also be dual shock controller.

i still have my ps2 and my fav ps1 games, so...

nah.

Back