Sons first time sparring

Im from ireland that was happening long before he was conceived

your irish?!?!? aye, how come the wee lad is not eating haggish, smoking cigs, living in a caravan, racing dags, stealing copper, and bareknuckle champ by age 5?!?!

j/k

Bring him to my gym. I'll fight him.

your irish?!?!? aye, how come the wee lad is not eating haggish, smoking cigs, living in a caravan, racing dags, stealing copper, and bareknuckle champ by age 5?!?!

j/k

He's my stepson Ive raised since he was 2 and hes now turned 9, he only realised he isnt white like me 2 years ago haha. Inbetween rounds I do give him shots of whiskey though, you know- to steady the hand. Then he drives me home after training cos obviously im too drunk to drive myself.

If he is not an aggressive boxer that is fine - at the end of the day he's still a little boy - and this is the perfect time for him to be learning slick defence at an age where the other kids punches can't concuss him. I'd say take the pressure off a little bit and work defensive drills in him - him not being aggressive is actually a pretty good thing - it means he's less likely to be a punk as he gets older!

So yeah, I'd say take the pressure off and embrace that. His nerves will clear up with practise.

If he is not an aggressive boxer that is fine - at the end of the day he's still a little boy - and this is the perfect time for him to be learning slick defence at an age where the other kids punches can't concuss him. I'd say take the pressure off a little bit and work defensive drills in him - him not being aggressive is actually a pretty good thing - it means he's less likely to be a punk as he gets older!

So yeah, I'd say take the pressure off and embrace that. His nerves will clear up with practise.

His trouble is in the ring he's too defensive where I know he has the timing/ability/training to throw decent punches and not get hit. He'll get there just needs more ring confidence which is growing. I agree with what you're saying though totally

Well he'll get use to it, when i was sparring for the first time i started training actual martial arts because my cousin beat me in a fight, but i got use to it, and became way better in 3 years time thats when i made a high school football player limp, its funny because i have gone downhill so much that i can't even train right now, watching your kid spar makes me want to get back in their especially since the worse thing that happened last year was getting my first actual muay thai smoker taken away due to being mia

Well he'll get use to it, when i was sparring for the first time i started training actual martial arts because my cousin beat me in a fight, but i got use to it, and became way better in 3 years time thats when i made a high school football player limp, its funny because i have gone downhill so much that i can't even train right now, watching your kid spar makes me want to get back in their especially since the worse thing that happened last year was getting my first actual muay thai smoker taken away due to being mia

Iron can fuck off you sack I remember you ya numpty.

Iron can fuck off you sack I remember you ya numpty.
I'm not really going to be mean to you because i know now that just doesn't go anywhere, so i'll just be nice, i stopped training about 6 months ago, but i remember everything about training 5 years of training and it is ashame that i had to stop after 5 years when i could've still been evolving, i created my own style to be honest, i was making good progress and was about to have a real muay thai smoker last year instead one that was for publicity for my gym, i even found a fight team that i went to other gyms with which is what i really wanted to find a fight team like that but i am no longer with them, now i'm preparing for something else now but i'll post a thread about it after its official because it is really big and it will be a new chapter in my life and may require me to go overseas.

Back