Sonnen has wins over 3 LHW ATG: Rampage, Shogun and Wanderlei

Hoping Fedor gets past Mir and faces Chael.

A win over Fedor would be awesome. The pride killer

but he was too scared to stand with Wanderlei

this means by default wanderlei is the winner

i can sleep a lot better at night now

He cut Wanderlei's face with a flying knee.

And by 'he' I mean Chael Fucking Sonnen

A flying knee bro.

even though rampage looked like a professional eating champion, I couldn't help but get excited and even looked at my buddy and was like "is chael outstriking rampage!?! :O " he will always be one of my favorites for things like this: "My phone rings, they call me up and say, 'Chael, your testosterone level is too high.' I say, 'Well, how high was it?' They say, '0.7.' I said, 'What's normal?' They say, '0.6.'; I said, 'One-tenth? You're telling me I'm one-tenth higher than the average man? Re-test that - you must have caught me on a low day.' "

I'm so impressed by Sonnen advancing to the next round of the heavyweight gp as the smallest guy in the tournament. Took the fight right to Rampage, pushing right through danger.

Chael Sonnen is a real man.

He's a wrestler fighting old time brawlers/strikers.

- Fought Rampage at HW and rampage is 40.
- Shogun was wayy past his prime.
- Wanderlei always had shit TDD, but dropped sonnen everysingle time he connected on the feet.

Chael is 40

If Chael beats Fedor this place will explode.

0hQyd5L.gif
I believe he can beat whoever wins between Mir and Fedor, but then in finals he will lose to Mitrione or Nelson.

Rampage has not taken a single fight serious since he lost to Jones. That was literally the last time he had a great camp and prepared..

Sonnen has become Pride fighter killer , i know They are way way passed there prime but its still som heavy names

With a possible fight with Chuck in the works. It honestly makes me sad to think he can have a win over the 4 of them lol

That is ridiculous. Obviously all past their prime but the history books will forever say that Chael Sonnen defeated Wanderlei Silva, Shogun Rua and Rampage Jackson. Slightly upsetting fact..

When one completely shot fighter beats another completely shot fighter, it's essentially meaningless. Early in Chael's career (pre-UFC), I always said he was drastically underrated. But after the first Anderson fight, he became a bit overrated.

Chael was always a very good fighter, but never quite reached the status of being great. His fights with Shogun, Wand, and Rampage are of no consequence.

Honestly when he got that guillotine on shogun might have been the best win of his career. That was amazing.

People LOVE to crucify fighters for having fucked up

Chael is far from perfect but hes a fun personality and has done some impressive stuff in MMA.

Chael destroying the entire Pride roster. Fedor next.

He is the true dark horse

But but... he didn't bbeat them in their prime.

I've said for years Chael fighting style is trouble for anyone. Very much like Randy Couture, with slightly lower sub defense.

Clay Guida has wins over Pettis, RDA and Gomi. 2 UFC champs and a PRIDE legend. Guida LW GOAT confirmed.

Back