Sonnen:"chuck is an easy fight"

I might even have to go with Chael in Prime Chael vs. Prime Chuck match-up.

The game has evolved so much in the 3-5 year distance between their peaks that I don't think Prime Chuck would be able to handle Chael's combination of competent boxing and relentless chain wrestling.

It would similar to Cain vs. JDS II imo.

I understand that Chuck made his legacy off sprawl n' brawl but he did it against less advanced fighters.

3-5 years is a big gap for evolution in MMA.

uh, there's no fighter Chael has faced from the "new breed" that he beat. The peak fighters were the same.

Only difference is, Chael never got to the top of the mountain. Chuck did.

Chuck in his prime is perhaps one of the worst match-ups for Chael. He had some of the best TDD in MMA still to this day and he had power in both hands, moving both forward and backwards.

Chael would be KO'd within 2 rounds IMO

So you are retarded or trolling.

The game has evolved indeed but Chael is not an example of it at all.

He's a 2-dimensional boxer-wrestler but not much sharper and advanced in those dimensions than Tito & Randy (Randy was great but his reflexes were slow af and his MMA wrestling wasn't Chael-level in absolute terms [only in relative terms]).

Chael looks like Khabib against Chuck.

Might ever get a TKO.

Liddell was the master of takedown defence, great sprawl and started to hit you in the head instantly.
But i doubt that version of Chuck is still around.

Chael by GNP TKO.

He's a 2-dimensional boxer-wrestler but not much sharper and advanced in those dimensions than Tito & Randy (Randy was great but his reflexes were slow af and his MMA wrestling wasn't Chael-level in absolute terms [only in relative terms]).

Randy was much better than Chael in every aspect of MMA.

As was Tito.

Is Chuck legally allowed to fight for Bellator?
He retired from fighting. Retirement Clause. His desk job was just a bonus.

Chuck is 48 years old and didnt age well to say the least. His body might be halfway there but mind isnt. I think a lot of amatuer fighters could beat chuck let alone Chael

Chuck would do well against a wrestler.

Chuck got kod by rampage and shogun, hard strikers. Then rich, whom is decent everywhere. Chael doesnt have a predictable edge here.

And he lost to tito...

Good lord this guy is such a fuckin piece of shit weasel lol!

Shael almost got finished by Wand who had 0 TDD.

Chuck would finish the job

Chuck sprawls and brawls with ease.

easy for Chuck, sure

Chael needs to shit up, I'm sick of his yapping and his stupid fight predictions

Is he broke? confirmation?
Why would a 49 year old fighter who has been ko'd in his last 3 fights, take a fight after recently after getting fired by the ufc. And no he's no like BJ Penn(who doesn't have to do it) No confirmation, but do the math. Funny because he probably thought that by being a suck up to management they would take care of him

Why would a 49 year old fighter who has been ko'd in his last 3 fights, take a fight after recently after getting fired by the ufc. And no he's no like BJ Penn(who doesn't have to do it) No confirmation, but do the math. Funny because he probably thought that by being a suck up to management they would take care of him
That's the ol' Dana promise, just like he promised Hughes and others, that they're taken care of with the UFC always.

Chuck lands a semi shot and rocks him then he folds

Chuck can defend td too

If anything, Chuck would still have good TDD and power is the last to go but his chin is just too iffy at this point. He hasn't fought in 7 years, he's 47, his last 4 losses were by brutal knockout, and Chael Sonnen wants to fight him? What the fuck kind of bum is Chael?

Back