Songs with incredible drumming

If I remember correctly, Run DMC Miss Elaine.

Everybody knows the best Who song for drumming is I Can See For Miles

by the way, here's sean reinert playing in a completely different prog/jazz-fusion style with gordian knot. a truly well-rounded drummer:

Proscriptor Mcgovern of Absu.

The best drummer alive, in my humble opinion. Not to mention he's also doing the vocals while playing the drums.

You guys seem to like the heavy shit, but Carter Beauford is awesome. Give it a shot:

Yooooooooo I was just going to post about Carter. Its never the popular answer but Carter is the greatest drummer ever. DMB greatest band ever.

Yooooooooo I was just going to post about Carter. Its never the popular answer but Carter is the greatest drummer ever. DMB greatest band ever.

I'm a big fan of DMB, but I like some other bands better. They're awesome though.

I'm a big fan of DMB, but I like some other bands better. They're awesome though.

well you must have good taste.
Im always open to being exposed to new music.

my top 5 with respect to general rock would be
dmb
a perfect circle
the strokes
incubus
and maybe phoenix.

what say you?

well you must have good taste.
Im always open to being exposed to new music.

my top 5 with respect to general rock would be
dmb
a perfect circle
the strokes
incubus
and maybe phoenix.

what say you?
A Perfect Circle...right on bruv!

About 5:16 on is the sickest groove ever

Last edited:

oooooh yes, Bill Ward is amazing.

What makes him stand out is the fact that he's essentially a JAZZ drummer!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Ward_(musician)#Early_years_and_Black_Sabbath

Bill Ward started to play drums as a child, listening to the big bands of the 1940s and his major influences were Gene Krupa, Buddy Rich and Louie Bellson.

All jazz drummers!

Here's an interview:
https://www.allaboutjazz.com/bill-w...th-part-1-2-bill-ward-by-jack-gold-molina.php

I'm 57 years old now, so I guess that's 54 years of listening to pretty much American swing, particularly big band swing. I like jazz in all the ways that it is played. I think I am probably attracted to it because of the drummers that played in those big swing bands at the time. So those were my very early influences.

Long read, but worth it.

Back