Songs that take you back to a memory

Jimmy Jazz

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
This guy I was listening to on a random singer songwriters group facebook, reminded me of this song and how I used to be into this type of music. I used to be a very romantic and emotional person person when I was in college. I used to listen to Twee music and jangle pop. Now I listen to hard rock like the scorpions,stray, black sabbath and I don't indulge in emotion as much anymore. Anyway I recalled this one time I got into a fight with my ex gf and I stayed up for hours listening to this song afterwards on repeat because it was her name in the title. I think of it as a more innocent time and how different I was as a person. Are there any songs you have that bring you back to a moment?

I used to have the radio on while playing Final Fantasy I on NES or reading X-Men comics, so some songs remind me of those things.

Mostly 90's Brit-rock. My coming of age years. When I realized I could be more. Then I messed up along the way and listening to them by accident almost makes me cry.

Nothing takes me back like the album Deftones. It came out as I was living on my own in the UK for the first time and going to University. It wasn't even that great a time in my life but anytime I listen to that album I'm back there again

"Rain" by the Beatles.

I was at a Grateful Dead concert some time in the early 90's, before the show it was super rainy and all the equipment was tarped over.

After a while some crew came onstage and I thought they were gonna cancel due to the weather.

Instead they pulled the tarps, the band came onstage to a great wet roar, they tuned up, and Phil played the bass line. I had just thought "This sounds like they're playing..." and Jerry stepped to the mic,
"When the rain comes, they run and hide their heads, they might as well be dead..."

It was glorious

Nothing takes me back like the album Deftones. It came out as I was living on my own in the UK for the first time and going to University. It wasn't even that great a time in my life but anytime I listen to that album I'm back there again

Killer album!First time I saw them live they were supporting this.Mate I've literally seen 1000s of bands live and they are probably top three for overall best live acts.

Back