Something to think about

BeeCee

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Just on the network and its come to my attention that in the 80's wrestlers were getting tied up in the ropes i never see that anymore whats going on there?

Wrestlers no longer milk nor sell injuries; they sell moves therefore being stuck in the ropes is a fantastic tactic to use but since it's not really a move and we don't have proper tag team wrestling anymore, wrestlers over the past decade plus rarely get tied up in the ropes anymore.

Also, I was watching RAW last night and I admittedly watch very little of WWE anymore outside of recommendations and one thing I noticed was that when Reigns was chocked out, the ref didn't even bother to give Reigns three chances to show he was still conscious.

Wrestlers no longer milk nor sell injuries; they sell moves therefore being stuck in the ropes is a fantastic tactic to use but since it's not really a move and we don't have proper tag team wrestling anymore, wrestlers over the past decade plus rarely get tied up in the ropes anymore.

Also, I was watching RAW last night and I admittedly watch very little of WWE anymore outside of recommendations and one thing I noticed was that when Reigns was chocked out, the ref didn't even bother to give Reigns three chances to show he was still conscious.
Rollins was the one choked out, but yes- I noticed this as well. I mentioned it in the PWD thread :)

Rollins was the one choked out, but yes- I noticed this as well. I mentioned it in the PWD thread :)
Yes, meant to say Rollins after that Wyatt interruption. With that said, I can't recall off the top of my head the last time I saw that "1-2-3 raising arm" to check consciousness spot.

Yes, meant to say Rollins after that Wyatt interruption. With that said, I can't recall off the top of my head the last time I saw that "1-2-3 raising arm" to check consciousness spot.
I think it's been a few years. I think during the initial Rusev push, when he was squashing Americans, I think they dropped the arms of Swagger when he was in the accolade and refused to tap and passed out. They probably didn't do that but I want to say they did.

The three arm raises for subs was dumb anyways

If the guy is passed out you should call it

The three arm raises for subs was dumb anyways

If the guy is passed out you should call it

I feel like the refs could easily be mistaken though. Think about it, how often have you seen a guy's arm drop twice then, inches from defeat, he comes back to life, feeds off the energy of his fans in the crowd and mounts a furious comeback? It definitely happened in that K1 fight with Sakuraba and Smirnovas, maybe other times, I can't remember.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back