Something that always bothered me about Tim Kennedy's "mentality"

Its not the first time the Cuban military has sent the American military running

Holy fuck this board is obsessed with hating on Tim Kennedy for no fucking reason. The man is now retired. Get off his nuts.

What the hell do you expect him to do when he's being punched in the face?

This is also a small moment in the fight guys, give me a gif or a moment in a video where Kennedy did this.

He didn't run for the whole fight, he was avoiding taking damage.

You "tough" "experienced" fighters on this site really like to shit on REAL fighters for something you'd never do.

Not really.

It's avoiding damage, ever heard of "live to fight another day?"

Combat sports is a series of small battles that lead too the eventual winner of the "war".

Evading is a legitimate strategy.

What is it about MMA fans and the art of defense? They often have no appreciation for it.
The strategy of turning tail, and literally running from your opponent is not used by many fighters. In fact many fighters would rather go out on a stretcher than show such cowardice.

The strategy of turning tail, and literally running from your opponent is not used by many fighters. In fact many fighters would rather go out on a stretcher than show such cowardice.
You would know though, right?

Given that you're such a world beater yourself.

What's your record tough guy? How many Pro fight have you had?

You have no right to criticize someone, for competing in something you're incapable of doing.

It's normal, he is just employing US military strategy.

-avoid immediate danger
-retreat to safe distance
-snipe enemy's family/children

You would know though, right?

Given that you're such a world beater yourself.

What's your record tough guy? How many Pro fight have you had?

You have no right to criticize someone, for competing in something you're incapable of doing.
Ever heard of an art critic, or a food critic, or a sports analyst? None of those people are capable either you idiot.

Tim Kennedy always talked about how MMA "was just a sport", that he's afraid of no man. That he's went to war and killed people and had seen his friends killed, so this is nothing to him. When I hear that, I know it's bullshit they are not correlative much at all but a picture says a thousand words.

456280652-yoel-romero-punches-tim-kennedy-in-their-gettyimages.jpg
It's called resetting.

Ever heard of an art critic, or a food critic, or a sports analyst? None of those people are capable either you idiot.
And their opinions are worth about as much as their ability to actually do what they're criticizing.

Critics are fucking useless. Does anyone honestly care what Ebert and Roper have to say?

No.

Tim Kennedy always talked about how MMA "was just a sport", that he's afraid of no man. That he's went to war and killed people and had seen his friends killed, so this is nothing to him. When I hear that, I know it's bullshit they are not correlative much at all but a picture says a thousand words.
I joke about the resettng, but that's the whole point of retreating in military strategy. You've lost that particular skirmish, so back out, reestablish your position and try again. If you weren't a dirt bag civilian that would be obvious.

Trying to get out of the way of a punch means you're weak minded all of a sudden?
UFC fans call Floyd Mayweather a runner, so if Tim, Conor, Carlos Condit, John Dodson, Alistair, Alexander Gus and etc are running from opponents, we should use the UFC fan standard for them too.

And their opinions are worth about as much as their ability to actually do what they're criticizing.

Critics are fucking useless. Does anyone honestly care what Ebert and Roper have to say?

No.
If nobody cared, they wouldn't have jobs. People pay good money for the opinions of critics. Are you retarded?

Looks like Hendo is attempting to run from DC here

Daniel+Cormier+Trips+Dan+Henderson+UFC+173.gif

Guess Hendo is a pussy (we'll just ignore the fact that Hendo has fought Fedor, Big Nog 2x, Daniel Cormier, Wanderlei 2x, Shogun 2x, Anderson Silva, Rampage, Vitor 2x, Palhares, Arona, Yvel, etc etc etc)

If nobody cared, they wouldn't have jobs. People pay good money for the opinions of critics. Are you retarded?
People care about the FIGHTS. Last I checked, we pay money to see these guys compete, not for the opinions of lesser men on what the real men of MMA, Boxing or any other combat sport does. We can make up our own minds, we don't need a critic to tell us their opinions.

Ariel Helwani can talk shit about a fighter all he wants, but he's never competed, so whether he likes what a particular fighter did in the octagon or not, really means nothing and we don't pay for the MMA Beat or the MMA Hour, so who the fuck cares?

If an analyst like Cormier, Cruz or Woodley had something to say, I'd listen, they've been in there, but why do we care about the opinion of guys who don't understand the sport as far as genuine experience goes?

Last edited:
People care about the FIGHTS. Last I checked, we pay money to see these guys compete, not for the opinions of lesser men on what the real men of MMA, Boxing or any other combat sport does. We can make up our own minds, we don't need a critic to tell us their opinions.

Ariel Helwani can talk shit about a fighter all he wants, but he's never competed, so whether he likes what a particular fighter did in the octagon or not, really means nothing and we don't pay for the MMA Beat or the MMA Hour, so who the fuck cares?
OK I'm sorry. I see now that you are in fact retarded, I'm not one to kick the mentally challenged when they're down. Good night and good luck.

OK I'm sorry. I see now that you are in fact retarded, I'm not one to kick the mentally challenged when they're down. Good night and good luck.
Nothing good to use for a rebuttal so you resort to insults.

And you call me retarded.

Well soldiers have guns, and everyone is dangerous and a great fighter with a loaded gun in their possession.

Hear the way he talks? More like balls to the face more than balls to the wall type of guy.

I don't like Kennedy at all but the last thing I'm ever going to do is call him or another MMA fighter mentally weak. Stupid topic.

Back