Something that always bothered me about Tim Kennedy's "mentality"

HuskySamoan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Tim Kennedy always talked about how MMA "was just a sport", that he's afraid of no man. That he's went to war and killed people and had seen his friends killed, so this is nothing to him. When I hear that, I know it's bullshit they are not correlative much at all but a picture says a thousand words.

456280652-yoel-romero-punches-tim-kennedy-in-their-gettyimages.jpg

Trying to get out of the way of a punch means you're weak minded all of a sudden?

I fail to see how the photo contradicts anything that dork said

I have heard that blocking punches with your face is highly effective

He turned around and ran away from his opponent. There's a bit of a difference.

I reflected on the same thing recently but came to a different conclusion.

I didn't think it showed anything negative about Kennedy's mental fortitude. Rather, I thought it really showed how dramatic the effect of getting rocked badly in a fight is. It can shut off everything but your fight-or-flight reflex brain, and erase years and years of toughness-building, and training for high-stress combat situations.

Difference between fighting a war with a super technological advantage and fighting people hand-to-hand with no weapons. Apples and oranges.

I think what TS is trying to say is, if you're gonna be Mr Rambo, you'd expect him to be a blood and guts type of fighter like the Diaz Bros.

what "thousand words" does is this photo supposed to say? lol.

Not really.

It's avoiding damage, ever heard of "live to fight another day?"

Combat sports is a series of small battles that lead too the eventual winner of the "war".

Evading is a legitimate strategy.

What is it about MMA fans and the art of defense? They often have no appreciation for it.

I'm sure there's a situation he would run from in war too... doesn't mean he's scared

Edit : doesn't mean he's scared in theprize fight

TS, become a Ranger first,
then you can talk whatever you want about him

Back