Someone Dominating The Light Heavyweight AND Heavyweight Divisions Simultaneously

When bader wins the HW tournament he will be a LHW and HW world champ

Id say DC is the one closest to being able to do it and even he has no chance. Hed get Fd up by Stipe, Werdum, Overeem, Ngannou and Cain. It would take someone extremely special to do it. And no Jones would actually struggle more at HW than DC would as odd as that sounds.

Based on what? Cormier was undefeated at HW. He absolutely destroyed the same Bigfoot who beat Fedor, and beat a younger/better version of Josh Barnett very convincingly. Based on what they say at AKA, he and Cain are very competitive against each other. I'd give him a good chance of beating any of those guys except maybe Stripe. Werdum is a tough stylistic challenge, but I think Cormier is smart enough to come up with a good game plan for him.

When bader wins the HW tournament he will be a LHW and HW world champ

Even if that happens (for Bader or King Mo), they'd never do it in the UFC. They couldn't even win a LHW belt, much less beat Stipe.

Well, at this point they're better off merging them.

LHW has never been so thin and HW is a year or two away from half the roster retiring.

Gustafson would be a contender in both divisions as well as Cormier. A few years ago, Fedor and Cain could have both made the cut to LHW and wrecked shop there.

Can't imagine anyone currently active doing it. Really, no one has ever dominated heavyweight in the ufc yet. I think the most consecutive hw title defenses is still only at two or three.

Back