Some white belts at Mundials are incredible sandbaggers

Whatever it is that NAGA claims to do certainly does not always work prior to the matches being run. I have witnessed first hand an instructor from my general area (who WAS a brown at one point but is now a purple it seems) compete at whitebelt in GI and in beginner in no-gi. Also, he did this with many of his students standing and watching.

This person had competed and won at higher levels at NAGA in the past but was still, somehow, able to register for white and beginner. I believe his victories were later over turned but there's a whole bracket of BJJ newbies out there that got worked over that day because NAGA couldn't figure it out.

In the end, the guy certainly redeemed himself as he has competed and won at advanced levels since then.

There was a guy who LITERALLY fought in both the advanced and beginner divisions in the same tournament at Naga. He fought and lost to my friend for the beginner championship. Little did he know that this beginner was so strong it wasn't right and had mad stalling skills that would win him the day (lol....not right, but true). He was attempting gogos and other slick stuff on my buddy but he got the Kerr treatment.

my first tournament ever after training a few months i entered a novice division at a rather large tournament.

my first draw ended up subbing me fairly easily.

he ended up wining the division....afterwards i googled him and he has been grappling and training for around 5 years...he was 4-1 in ammy mma.

i felt slighted....that was 3.5 years ago and I have been wanting a rematch ever since!

At the Icelandic BJJ Championships last year, I faced a black belt in my first match, as a blue belt...

Yeah... we don't have enough competitors yet to make any beginner/advanced divisions. We only have weight divisions.

if diego sanchez entered a jiu jitsu tournament 2 years ago when he was still a whitebelt, would he be considered sandbagging?
I mean he had won TUF, competed in ADCC and was fighting world class fighters in the UFC, but he was technically a whitebelt under Saulo at the time.

I think you answered your own question.

jesus christ this thread is tl;dr.

What could you possibly argue about for so long

At the Icelandic BJJ Championships last year, I faced a black belt in my first match, as a blue belt...

Yeah... we don't have enough competitors yet to make any beginner/advanced divisions. We only have weight divisions.

This is funny but so ridiculous :icon_lol:

Back