Some fights in China are not in the ring?

Broadcast

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If you watch Yi Long vs. Buakaw I and Fang Bian vs. Simon Marcus, you"ll see the same thing. Buakaw and Marcus are trying to go 3 rounds against their opponents. They receive big cash to stand 3 rounds. Now I don"t know about the outcomes, but they must not look very dominant winning via KOs. And they must make the opponents look good.

Buakaw was hit by Yi Long, but the Chinese didn"t have enough power and Buakaw with a better chine. On the other hand Simon Marcus got caught and dropped several times. On Buakaw vs. Long II we all know the outcomes.

What jokes, you should write the year 2016 in kickboxing!

Wrote a witty response to one of your other crappy China whine threads and now it's gone :(

Last edited:
Wrote a witty response to one of your other crappy China whine threads and now it's gone :(
I had like three of them :(

On the bright side, the mods cleaned up the riff raff and I didn't even tip them off <cheer>

This isn"t true. I respect China like any other country. I just don"t like mafia or corruption.

Kickboxing is, for some reason, an inherently corrupt sport.

You're fooling yourself if you think that China is the only place where shady stuff goes down.

Kickboxing is connected to or had roots in organized crime pretty much globally.

SuperKombat gives off a sleazy criminal vibe itself.

Yeah MArcus really tried to go 3 rounds
, that really happened.....

You can tell me about Buakaw (allthough even he had lackluster performances in recent years) but Marcus just got the shit beaten out of him by Bian. Marcus fought more aggressive than usual if anything and it only made the beating he received worse

We all knew Buakaw was going to get robbed before they even fought. I think Marcus lost fair and square though. His boxing defense was pretty shit.

Kunlun Fight is probably the most professional kickboxing organisation right now though.

SuperKombat gives off a sleazy criminal vibe itself.

Superkombat didn"t have ties with criminals. Celebrities, royal members, government members and other politicians, some local, were involved. The promotion collaborated big with the televisions.

The board is very young and formed by youngsters. The board is even younger than of Glory, under 35 many with no commercial businesses associations at all. Uncorrupt members with university degress, fresh in labour.

Moreover if any illegal activity was found, SK got rid of that member.

Please don"t link SK to the other promotions because I am only a fan and I commented about the strange results in Kunlun.

Long vs. Buakaw II, Marcus vs. Fang, Verhoeven, Amrani losses and so on. Even Glory was amazed and disappointed.

Look, China is big and talented but used to be a nobody in K-1. You can"t become over night world class.

And we all know about mafia and bettings in China. China evolved big as economy but it"s far from Japan and South Korea, and even those Asians were known for dirty games and some mafia, less corruption probably, the best term was mafia because the educated population wasn"t that tied with it.

Maybe I must stop the corruption now because I see everybody are satisfied with more money coming in kickboxing. I only remarked some of the results which are not in the ring established in my opinion. The civilised world believes that. If the Dutchmen will not agree with Glory and others from Europe, it"s their business.

I don"t recognize these results and some of the top fighters proposed by the rankings of the publications, some being even from Western Europe that are like C materials. On long term I will be right.

Look, China is big and talented but used to be a nobody in K-1. You can"t become over night world class.

And we all know about mafia and bettings in China. China evolved big as economy but it"s far from Japan and South Korea, and even those Asians were known for dirty games and some mafia, less corruption probably, the best term was mafia because the educated population wasn"t that tied with it.

Maybe I must stop the corruption now because I see everybody are satisfied with more money coming in kickboxing. I only remarked some of the results which are not in the ring established in my opinion. The civilised world believes that. If the Dutchmen will not agree with Glory and others from Europe, it"s their business.

I don"t recognize these results and some of the top fighters proposed by the rankings of the publications, some being even from Western Europe that are like C materials. On long term I will be right.
Who said chinese are world class? They're good enough to fight top 20 or even top 10 guys but they're far from elite.

A website ranking them temporarily should be taken with a grain of salt.

A website ranking them temporarily should be taken with a grain of salt.

Ok then, I"ll have my own rankings. But it"s still dangerous to have poor fighters made elite. I just don"t like this system. Chinese like Chinese, but some of the others are a lot poorer.

Do you know how much were modified the Liverkick rankings in the FW and other low weight divisions? It"s unreal. This means some fighters were no fighters. Meanwhile look at LHW for example, it"s pretty much the same.

Please don"t link SK to the other promotions because I am only a fan and I commented about the strange results in Kunlun.

Long vs. Buakaw II, Marcus vs. Fang, Verhoeven, Amrani losses and so on.
Long vs Buakaw wasn't in KunLun, and I don't see what is strange about the Marcus vs Feng result, he was knocked down multiple times and stopped the decision was clear. By the way, that fight was 2 years ago. Those other losses where legit too, are you trying to imply that Rico threw the fight? What is your point?

Ok then, I"ll have my own rankings. But it"s still dangerous to have poor fighters made elite. I just don"t like this system. Chinese like Chinese, but some of the others are a lot poorer.

Do you know how much were modified the Liverkick rankings in the FW and other low weight divisions? It"s unreal. This means some fighters were no fighters. Meanwhile look at LHW for example, it"s pretty much the same.
The lower weights have been increasingly active that's why the rankings change. LHW is completely stagnant that's why the rankings haven't changed. Not a difficult concept to comprehend.

"I don't recognize these results"

What results? The rankings or the fights you listed in this thread? Other than the Buakaw vs Yi Long 2 fight which we all knew going in was bogus, I don't see anything controversial about the fights you brought up.

My point is that some are throwing fights in China. I noticed China is more civilized but the situation can"t be changed over night hugely. Or I just hope they didn"t throw fights. Because I saw some similarities in Long vs. Buakaw and Marcus vs. Bian, how they let the opponents to hit them when they could have clearly dominated.

Long vs. Buakaw both were jokes, simply jokes. And on the other hand Kunlun looks more professional but this doesn"t mean all the fights are in the ring.

T
"I don't recognize these results"

What results? The rankings or the fights you listed in this thread? Other than the Buakaw vs Yi Long 2 fight which we all knew going in was bogus, I don't see anything controversial about the fights you brought up.

Yeah, that Long is a bum and Marcus would never lose to Fang. Bian is overrated as fuck, in Europe he would be a C. From all these Chinese fighters present in the rankings, 1 out of 3-4 has some solid value.

The liverkick ranking algorithm just works that way, if you beat a ranked guy, you will get ranked above him. Any ranking with an algorithm like that shouldn't be taken very seriously. Most of us here would probably agree that consistency is a better measure of how good a fighter is than single wins.

And about Fang Bian i don't know. He's beaten some pretty good fighters. Who do you think would beat him in europe?

Last edited:
Back