Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
The Addams Family
New Jack City
My Girl
JFK
Double Impact
Thelma & Louise

You know how I know you're gay?

You like The Addams Family better than Backdraft.

I love Breakdown too. It's a proper gem. I freakin love JT Walsh RIP

J.T._Walsh.jpg

He was a great actor played the part perfect.

As far as Breakdown goes, there were at least 3, 10 bell intense scenes:

when Kurt's character is in the attic of the barn watching his wife get thrown into the cellar, bagged and tied. He can barely hold it together, the emotion obvious. But he holds it together just enough so he can get down and free her later.

Then when he goes into the house and the kid pulls the gun on him. He turns things around, and again, barely holding it together gets the key (I believe that was what happened there).

And the final scenes with the truck blowing through the mobile home cutting it in half, and then the final moment on the bridge where It's spinning it's tires bouncing up and down trying to push the pickup off the bridge.

I mean that last 45 minutes was non-stop hold your breath like few other movies. The sounds and visuals of burning squealing rubber, emotion in the voices and faces etc. Just frenetic.

Last edited:
He was a great actor played the part perfect.

As far as Breakdown goes, there were at least 3, 10 bell intense scenes:

when Kurt's character is in the attic of the barn watching his wife get thrown into the cellar, bagged and tied. He can barely hold it together, the emotion obvious. But he holds it together just enough so he can get down and free her later.

Then when he goes into the house and the kid pulls the gun on him. He turns things around, and again, barely holding it together gets the key (I believe that was what happened there).

And the final scenes with the truck blowing through the mobile home cutting it in half, and then the final moment on the bridge where It's spinning it's tires bouncing up and down trying to push the pickup off the cliff.

I mean that last 45 minutes was non-stop hold your breath like few other movies. The sounds and visuals of burning squealing rubber, emotion in the voices and faces etc. Just frenetic.

JT Walsh had that type of character down pat. He could reel them off in his sleep. He was so despicable in Good Morning Vietnam.

Too bad he never made a movie with Paul Gleason, Hart Bochner, Clancy Brown and Ronny Cox, just to see who the audience would hate the most.

Can't believe he's been dead 20 years (in three days).

Last edited:
Seriously! Finally! Finally someone else likes Breakdown. I almost always get crickets, including this thread. Most people thought Bone Tomahawk was good.

Soldier is very good too, but the effects and some of the acting is weak by today's standards (as outlined already). But Russell is solid. The story/concept is excellent.
Breakdown is what made me like Russell as a leading actor. I was too young from Escape from NY or even really Big Trouble (though I saw them later on). Tombstone is one of my favourite movies but of course, Kilmer kind of runs away with it (even though Russell is solid as usual)

Bone Tomahawk was excellent.

op, very interesting. this movie just seemed very interesting to me. like more than the sum of its parts. i think because the main characters were the strong silent type. they realize shit talk will not deflate their machine like opponents, so they dont do it and conserve their energy for the fight.

Back