So wrestlers are unicorns in WMMA

They aren't billed as high level mma or as being equal to their male counterparts. They are billed as being what they are the best female fighters in their division.

As to what order they appear on the card well that has more to do with how much interest there is in the fight rather than what level their skill is at. Do you think cm punk gets a main card spot because he is being billed as a high level mma fighter?

Sarah Mcmann is an Olympian and gets out grappled all the time.

Wrestling credentials don't mean much because so few women wrestle compared to playing other sports. It's why Rousey's judo bronze medal was much more impressive. It's just a numbers game. There are more women judo players at the very top levels than wrestlers

Sarah Mcmann is an Olympian and gets out grappled all the time.
Because wrestling programs for women are subpar as of now. It will improve.

Also Sara is aging and doesn't really have proper camps, as she's also a mom and wants to stay in a particular region and with her friends/family. Circumstances, ma'man.

How about they don't show it on main cards and expect people to pay for it.

Prelims or invicta.
I like seeing it in the main card. Honestly I only want women’s fights and heavyweights if I’m being honest

WMMA, outside of a few matchups, should be prelim only.

Ronda is the only one fit to headline a ppv. Any other WMMA title fights should either headline the prelim or be first fight on main card.

I'm all for WMMA, they have every right to fight but most of the fights are garbage.

Also Sara is aging and doesn't really have proper camps, as she's also a mom and wants to stay in a particular region and with her friends/family. Circumstances, ma'man.
In Sara's last 2 fights she was winning until she lost too lol, it's more like she has no fight IQ and makes terrible mistakes as opposed to lacking technical skills.

I had never seen Suarez fight and I was legit shocked at how good she was on the ground. I'm interested in seeing if she can do that against more experienced and more skilled fighters.

I have a ton of appreciation for women who competition and women who train martial arts, I just don’t feel like it should be mixed in with the best fighters in the world.

There are the best men and the best women.

Whoever the best women are, even if they're not at the level you think they should be, are still the best in the world in their respective divisions.

There's no evolution at all.

WMMA has come a long way, I think.

There was a time when Marloes Coenen was regarded as one of the very best female fighters in the world and was the Strikeforce champ. Then the next generation took over when she was beaten by Miesha Tate. An entirely new era came along when Rousey hit the scene and just destroyed fucking everybody.

Now we are in the era of girls like Holly and Nunes, who would make short work of someone like Coenen.

(Yes, I know Tate beat Holly, but let's face it, it was a pretty lucky win for her.)

Mens best BJJ MMAer just got pretty much dominated by a wrestler.

Obviously there aren’t many wrestling programs for women so when you get a wrestler like Tati Suarez, you pretty have yourself a unicorn cuz none of the other females really know what to do at that point.

She’s definitely a solid fighter, but overall, this is exactly why WMMA shouldn’t be billed as high level MMA. I have a ton of appreciation for women who competition and women who train martial arts, I just don’t feel like it should be mixed in with the best fighters in the world.

It's not billed as high level MMA. It's billed as high level WMMA.

I wish the same would happen to men’s MMA.

(Yes, I know Tate beat Holly, but let's face it, it was a pretty lucky win for her.)
BS. Holly still overrated by striking fanboys after 4 losses (or Tate just underrated, but Holm overrated compared to Tate).

Back