So Woodley has beaten all the tough dudes at welterweight?

Most active champ in the UFC period. Deserves to take a break, deserves a $ fight. Let Jorge, Till and Colby battle it out. I like Jorge out of the 3 of them.

woodley has had 2 of the most boring championship fights in mma history if rory beats lima bellator can say our ww champ beat yours decisively

Woodley was active kind of he did step in the ring and defended. There isn’t a clear contender so opportune time to take break for surgery. Yes Woodley exaggerates. Colby is worthy as are others but again which one, not clear? Coincidentally his break will probably result in a few contenders eliminating themselves. Woodley naturally wants to wait for a bigger fight like GSP or Conor but not available any time soon.

woodley has never held out for anything. he trys for a bigger marque fight, and when the ufc says no he accepts what ever fight is offered. 4 title fights in a 12 month span, he hasnt held out or held up anything, and people still try to act like hes ducking or hes a baby for wanting money fights. mma fans are selective as fuck
IT isn't even that. He thinks He should deserve money fights with GSP or Conor...the rest he feels like doesn't deserve his time. At the end of the day he has no choice as there are contenders waiting in line and UFC can't give him what he wants because they feel there is no value in his fights...I mean you are seeing a champ that's trying every safe possible way to hold on to the belt and not taking risks....Watch his title defenses...then watch other champs title defenses...MM, Max, Tony and other weight class....guess who's playing it safe so far?

IT isn't even that. He thinks He should deserve money fights with GSP or Conor...the rest he feels like doesn't deserve his time. At the end of the day he has no choice as there are contenders waiting in line and UFC can't give him what he wants because they feel there is no value in his fights...I mean you are seeing a champ that's trying every safe possible way to hold on to the belt and not taking risks....Watch his title defenses...then watch other champs title defenses...MM, Max, Tony and other weight class....guess who's playing it safe so far?
tyron dropped wonder boy a couple times and maia once. look at the 2 guys you are talking about.

- Lawler: Legit win for Woodley
- Wonderboy: He won a terrible fight and had a draw in an awesome fight
- Lima: Not in the UFC
- Rory: Not in the UFC any more but lost to him when he was
- RDA: Hasn't fought him
- Colby: Hasn't fought him
- Maia: Legit Win
- Magny: Hasn't fought him
- Usman: Hasn't fought him

No one in that list has the momentum to get a title fight except for Colby who on paper looks like an easy fight. Magny is coming off a loss and Usman hasnt fought anyone. RDA is an interesting fight if he wins.

tyron dropped wonder boy a couple times and maia once. look at the 2 guys you are talking about.
He played it safe. He could've went after Wonderboy from the get go...he was forced to go after him because he was slightly behind on points. He eeked out a close decision win. Something UFC and fans don't want to see...He won it no doubt....but who can promote fights like that? They can hardly promote MM even though he finishes opponents every fight and you think Woodley deserve more than MM?

Woodley is delusional and Wonderboy should have won both decisions. Woodley is an above average, boring fighter. He's going to hold onto that championship as long as he can.

I called it in a thread I started months ago -- this guy is going to have shoulder surgery, be out for 6 months, and then fight MAYBE next May or June. He STILL hasn't had the surgery. He's just wasting time, trying to hold onto the belt. He'll have the surgery now, he won't be able to do training camp until April, then he won't fight until June. And that's if he agrees to fight the top WW contender.

I honestly hope he refuses to fight and gets stripped. It would make my day. Then he can go to Bellator and get demolished again by Rory MacDonald.

Let's find out based on Sherdog WW rankings:

- Lawler: Legit win for Woodley
- Wonderboy: He won a terrible fight and had a draw in an awesome fight
- Lima: Not in the UFC
- Rory: Not in the UFC any more but lost to him when he was
- RDA: Hasn't fought him
- Colby: Hasn't fought him
- Maia: Legit Win
- Magny: Hasn't fought him
- Usman: Hasn't fought him

This doesn't even count dudes that aren't ranked like Masvidal, Till, Ponz, Perry.

So the question is....is Woodley really that delusional or is he just holding out for a 'Money' fight.

I just can't figure out why he thinks he deserves it.
He's learned from Bisping to take the surgery option and hold on to the belt for a lucrative, easier fight. Nobody wants it though. GSP sure doesn't. Conor is way to small. Nate doesn't want to visit suplex-city again.

Back