So Will Mexico Pay for the Wall?

NHB7

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
So do you think Trump will be able to get Mexico to pay for the Wall or fence or whatever?

No. He could put a tax on Western Union payments sent to Mexico though.

He'll build that wall as surely as he'll drain the swamp.

I just can't believe there are still folks out there that buy into this fantasy.

These were the original prototypes:

gettyimages-865157896-1-1280x720.jpg

But lately I feel like it’s more like:

chainlink-fence.jpg

With a lot of this:

1.jpg

He might be able to get Mexico to pay for the last photo...seems affordable.

If by pay for it you mean in reduced expenditure on the ones coming in by them being stopped, sure

Oh yes he will get Mexico to pay for the wall. Then they'll jack up the price of exports back to the United States because we need them just as much as they need us. Americans will pay for this stupid fucking wall.

Oh yes he will get Mexico to pay for the wall. Then they'll jack up the price of exports back to the United States because we need them just as much as they need us. Americans will pay for this stupid fucking wall.

Well, you are half right. Americans are gonna pay. Mexico isnt gonna give us anything though.

Well, you are half right. Americans are gonna pay. Mexico isnt gonna give us anything though.

My guess is the wall will never get built. Billions will go to contractors who will never actually get around to building it.

If Mexico ever pays for it, I assume it would be through some sort of tax rather than them actually giving us pesos. The whole thing is stupid. We don't need a fucking wall like this country is a castle. We need a comprehensive system of sensors and cameras and seismometers. I'm sure there are areas where a physical barrier is a good idea, but not for the vast majority of our border.

We also need better border agents. They literal standards to get more bodies and as a result the cartels have infiltrated our border patrol. I guarantee there are agents walking the border right now giving safe passage to criminals.

If by pay for it you mean in reduced expenditure on the ones coming in by them being stopped, sure

Im pretty sure he meant the government of Mexico, but that's just me.

I just can't believe there are still folks out there that buy into this fantasy.

I voted for him to build that Goddamn wall, I'll pay for it myself if I have to. He will do it. Believe me. No one fucks with Trump.

I'm pretty sure there will be no wall and if there is a fence Mexico is not paying for it. Trump said anything on the campaign trail to make his supporters drool. Anyone with a brain knew it was nonsense

remember that 1.5 trillion infrastructure plan hes been talking about? maybe the wall is it?

To build the wall a lot of private property will have to be seized under eminent domain(one of Trumps favorites), something that free

remember that 1.5 trillion infrastructure plan hes been talking about? maybe the wall is it?

The 1.5 trillion infrastructure plan is a case of funny math. It is the federal govt cutting programs to get $200 billion and use that to try to provide incentives for state and local gov't and use private business to generate the rest of the 1.5 trillion.

If private companies are involved, they are going to want profits. More than likely if it ever happens it will be a corporate giveaway.

Considering that would shift most of the financial burden to the four border states, I sure hope not. Homeland protection is the Feds job.

Back