So why does nobody give a crap about Net Neutrality?

we have a democracy problem when we get things both bases on each side didnt want

Neither side cares about the constitution. Look at the Patriot Act, both sides have had chances to make things right, both sides have renewed it. The people are too comfortable in their lives to care about it.

Last edited:
As long as you don’t take the guns you can take everything else without much of a fight.

Corporations over people...though corporations are people too apparently...

Because most people don´t have a fucking clue what net neutrality means

T
we have a democracy problem when we get things both bases on each side didnt want

There si no democracy in Murka. This and the Supreme Court condoning gerrymandering proves it.

Just wait till the corps start their inevitable price raising, then the stupid will be complaining loudly and blaming liberals.

Because most people dont give a shit. As long as they can click LIKE on the latest stupid cat picture and watch their youtube celebrities they wont notice.

Because attention is increasingly being pushed toward how many different ways can Trump be labeled a Nazi and those deplorable child death camps on the border dontcha know. Elections are rapidly approaching in November and butts don't leave seats to get involved unless enough rhetoric and social rage can be spread around like gingerbread to follow.

Because I have yet to see any changes in my services, despite all of the doom and gloom put forth regarding the issue.

I don't think the changes work the way you think they work. As in, there's no "Throttle On/Off" switch they can just flip, my man.

I think people misunderstand the issue. As a matter of principle there should be safeguards in place to prevent bandwith shenanigans. Looks like a few states are taking action to do something to address this. In theory at least, if enough states make enough of a big deal over this and actually legislate against it, ISPs will find it more expensive to comply with a multitude of individual state laws than to simply respect net neutrality...

Waiting for something to take effect before responding to it is rarely a good idea.

Neither side cares about the constitution. Look at the Patriot Act, both sides have had chances to make things right, both sides have renewed it. The people are too comfortable in their lives to care about it.
The Patriot Act is why I decline to visit the US for any reason.

Because Republicans love living under the strict rule of law. Authoritarianism. Worshipping large corporations. ie; they don't care.

Dems are smart enough to figure out a way around it once it kicks in.

NRA: "Thanks Ajit Pai for limiting our freedom online. Here's an honorary rifle."

images
Coming from the party of new laws, taxes and bans. The hypocrisy is rich.

The CEO and the company are not interchangeable.

His net worth is driven by the stock price not the profitability of the company.

You probably know this

Yes. I also know the power of volume relative to margin.

No. There's nothing about these theories (i.e. the "southern strategy") that is foreign to me. I was aware of these grand ideas before I joined Sherdog itself. You have no advantage of knowledge to bequeath, and I have not shied from criticizing Trump when he has pandered, or when the implications of his language have crossed the line.

This is about your inability to divine that the mainstream Democratic party is now implementing this precise strategy themselves to mirror it. Rather than beat them, they joined them.

They have become what they professed to hate. They're aggressively using it to destroy innocent people, and they've made it clear they don't care about these casualties when they get it wrong. Disagree about economics? You're a racist. A bigot. Mere political disagreement is analogized to Nazism. Public figures are casually slandered as belonging to groups they explicitly denounce. Those who object are abused regardless of how progressive they are. Those who resist are censored from speaking, violently.

Wake the fuck up. It's a two-way street, now.
It's actual whataboutism from you here. You would say thanks for the concession, but I'll say that I have my eye on them. 2020 onward could be as uncomfortable for me as today is for you. I won't vote for any candidate who plays the southern-cum-rust belt strategy, and I know most of the Democrats will be shooting off bullshit at the working class at Sanders-level rates of fire. No doubt some will use it as a corporate wedge. Across the river from me in STL, politics is infested with what would be, if it had the power to be, black supremacy. I hear it all the time, it's possibly even a majority of the candidates for some offices.

You don't "wake me the fuck up." That isn't something you do. I enjoy your posts and respect your intellect, but get over yourself on that.

Because profit before people is the Murican way Commie.

What's net neutrality?

I only care about hamburgers, beer, NFL, and my truck.

No. There's nothing about these theories (i.e. the "southern strategy") that is foreign to me. I was aware of these grand ideas before I joined Sherdog itself. You have no advantage of knowledge to bequeath, and I have not shied from criticizing Trump when he has pandered, or when the implications of his language have crossed the line.

This is about your inability to divine that the mainstream Democratic party is now implementing this precise strategy themselves to mirror it. Rather than beat them, they joined them.

They have become what they professed to hate. They're aggressively using it to destroy innocent people, and they've made it clear they don't care about these casualties when they get it wrong. Disagree about economics? You're a racist. A bigot. Mere political disagreement is analogized to Nazism. Public figures are casually slandered as belonging to groups they explicitly denounce. Those who object are abused regardless of how progressive they are. Those who resist are censored from speaking, violently.

Wake the fuck up. It's a two-way street, now.
This is quite an interesting take from you <Lmaoo>

Back