So, whose Bellator debut was worse - Machida's or Mousasi's? And who had better opponent?

AimedWithV

Double Yellow Card
@Silver
Reaction score
Please discuss.

Admins, can you add a poll please?

1. Mousasi's debut was worse, Shlemenko is a better opponent.
2. Machida's debut was worse, Shlemenko is a better opponent.
3. Mousasi's debut was worse, Carvalho is a better opponent.
4. Machida's debut was worse, Carvalho is a better opponent.

Last edited:
Who cares- one won fight with broken eye socket45 seconds in and is in his prime
The other managed a split in a pk'em fight (much like I predicted)...

Mousasi -550
Machida +400

Who cares- one won fight with broken eye socket45 seconds in and is in his prime
The other managed a split in a pk'em fight (much like I predicted)...

Mousasi -550
Machida +400

Not biased at all, are you?

- Why cannot you say that Mousasi managed a split in a pick'em fight?
How did you predict this fight , BTW?
- And what about Machida winning a fight with broken nose?
- Odds actually are against you. They show that Machida overachieved by actually beating Carvalho...

Not biased at all, are you?

- Why cannot you say that Mousasi managed a split in a pick'em fight?
How did you predict this fight , BTW?
- And what about Machida winning a fight with broken nose?
- Odds actually are against you. They show that Machida overachieved by actually beating Carvalho...
I am biased, I admit it.It still doesn't matter.

I think both Storm and Carvalho were tough stylistic matchups for their respective welcoming assignments. Funny, if reversed I think Machida makes Storm look like a flailing fool and obviously we saw how Mousasi-Carvalho panned out. I’d say they looked pretty even. They say Machida broke his nose in the first round so thats a parallel to Mousasi orbital. Both won by exploiting their opponents weak ground games. Both arguably could have lost.

Last edited:
I think both Storm and Carvalho were tough stylistic matchups for their respective welcoming assignments. Funny, if reversed I think Machida makes Storm look like a flailing fool and obviously we saw how Mousasi-Carvalho panned out. I’d say they looked pretty even. They say Machida broke his nose in the first round so thats a parallel to Mousasi orbital. Both won by exploiting their opponents weak ground games. Both could have arguably lost.

Yep, and as @Franklin U. mentioned, Mousasi was expected to run through the Storm, unlike Machida against Carvalho

Machida running a nice 3 fight win streak. Is he getting a middle weight titleshot now?

Machida running a nice 3 fight win streak. Is he getting a middle weight titleshot now?

I'm pretty sure he's next in line for Mousasi-Lovat Jr. winner.

Guess Bellator's next matchup for next contender will be Salter vs Tokov

It’s ridiculous to think that mousasi lost his Bellator debut. It was a clear 2-1 in rounds for mousasi

giphy.gif

to elaborate, Mousasi is a top 5 MW in the world, arguably #1. Shlemenko was a tune up/showcase fight he was supposed to dominate.

Machida is older, not top 10, many were picking Carvalho to win

Mousasi had a way better opponent. I saw the fight live and Mousasi was working him on the ground for most of the fight. The swollen eye really changed peoples view on how the fight went.

Mousasi had a way better opponent. I saw the fight live and Mousasi was working him on the ground for most of the fight. The swollen eye really changed peoples view on how the fight went.

You consider Shlemenko being much better fighter than Carvalho?

At this point (as a Mousasi supporter) I'm far more concerned about lovato (the unknown) than machida. If Gegard beats lovato , he'll be a MASSIVE favorite vs machida and crush him like one.
I want moose to go after Bader and become champ champ .

I’ll tell ya one certain

Moose will have a miles better Bellator career than machida

Back