So who's the top stylistic bad match-up for Khabib at LW?

Either Kevin Lee, though I doubt his wrestling is really good enough to deal with someone as strong and as overwhelming in grappling as Khabib, or Tony Ferguson who has reach and proficiency on the feat, a chin to engage in Khabib's wild exchanges and most importantly the brilliant evasiveness on the ground to perhaps avoid or get out of Khabib's takedowns with a solid chance of even trapping him in a submission. Not to forget that Tony most likely has the better gas tank. So yeah, I'll go with Tony Ferguson.

Frankie Edgar

Reason why, his legs are too short, Khabib wont be able to tie them up

That leaves the fight standing where Edgar has way better boxing and cardio

So khabibs only technique is to tie legs? Lol gtfo.
Khabib would smash Frankie, the size advantage is huge. Plus this will never fight they are friends

I think Tony beats him. Kevin Lee seems like a tough match up as well.

And for some reason I think Gaethje would make the best fight of it. (I know I'm retarded)
Gaethje could take his punches . And has far better cardio . And far more pressure than kabib . If g wrestling is actuly any good like people say it is . I se him grinding out kkibibe

No excuses, just analysis.

You clearly overlook that Kevin ragdolled Tony, who is suppose to be 1 of the best grapplers in the divison. Not to mention he outside of that 1 head kick, dominated Barbosa better than Khabib and finished him. This is recent activity versus top talent, not fights from 3-5 years ago.

Sure Khabib is more proven, and should be a favorite, but that doesn't mean that Kevin with his dominant grappling, ever improving stand up, and natural gifts, doesn't pose a serious threat to Khabib. Plus Kevin only just turned 26 years old.

I don't over look Kevin beating tony for 60 seconds of their fight, I just don't over value it either. Tony was out wrestled by Castillo, too. Lee's best showing of grappling is a fight that resulted with him being submitted....

I'm just not on his hype train yet. I'll admit that he has a shit load of potential, though.

Regardless, even if his grappling was as good as people make it out to be, his real problem against khabib would be his cardio and chin.

Last edited:
So khabibs only technique is to tie legs? Lol gtfo.
Khabib would smash Frankie, the size advantage is huge. Plus this will never fight they are friends

I'm telling you, the answer is Islam makhachev. Put away their friendship and look at that stylistic match up. I think Islam is stylistically the worst match up for Khabib.

Gaethje could take his punches . And has far better cardio . And far more pressure than kabib . If g wrestling is actuly any good like people say it is . I se him grinding out kkibibe

I love Gaethje, but he doesn't have better cardio than khabib. Gaethje is a drunk zombie after two rounds.

I don't over look Kevin beating tony for 60 seconds of their fight, I just don't over value it either. Tony was out wrestled by Castillo for fuck sakes. Lee's best showing of grappling is a fight that resulted with him being submitted....

I'm just not on his hype train yet. I'll admit that he has a shot load of potential, though.

Regardless, even if his grappling was as good as people make it out to be, his real problem against khabib would be his cardio and chin.

60 seconds. Lol. Kevin dominated the whole 1st round, staphed to death. He totally submitted to exhaustion more than that triangle. lol.

Castillo was a very good wrestler and his fight with Tony is another example of your love for ancient history. Are you now going to try and discredit Tony's accomplishments?

It isn't a hype train, no one is saying he is a GOAT or anything dumb like that, but he is already at championship level and fought for a piece of the title.

If Kevin dominates Al in the rematch, especially if he finishes Al, he will be in the best position to lock him in as Khabib's biggest threat.

I think Tony beats him. Kevin Lee seems like a tough match up as well.

And for some reason I think Gaethje would make the best fight of it. (I know I'm retarded)
No I agree, Justin has the potential to absolutely crush Khabib

Before they fought him, I would have said RDA and Conor. I like Fergs but he is going to get TKOed I feel.

Before they fought him, I would have said RDA and Conor. I like Fergs but he is going to get TKOed I feel.

Yeah. I don't know. It's strange because ferguson is the better striker, but his defense is lacking. Khabib isn't as good of a striker as ferguson, but his defense is really good. I can picture Khabib knocking ferguson down and getting a 10-8 round or two, but I wouldn't bet on him finishing ferguson.

Huge Khabib fan but a "bad match-up" is a real thing (expect for deluded Conor fans). I must admit that Tony is still No.1
1. He has the endurance, recovery and heart to probably withstand Khabib's ground and pound.
2. I think that out of everyone he will be the one that will take less damage from the bottom, he will take some but a lot less than any other LW fighter.
3. Unfortunately I believe that that Khabib will probably gas before Tony does. 4. I don't believe that Khabib can submit Tony and vice-versa.
5. Now regarding the standup, I disagree with many of you. I think that Khabib can be comfortable standing with Tony, not for to long but enough time to pace himself and achieve his takedowns.

I see this fighting going to decision for sure. Whoever looks more active will win, my real worry is that Tony is a cardio machine and he might be able to steal the last 4th and 5th. If Khabib pace himself, improve cardio a little, he might be able to take 1 thru 3 with take-downs and looking active on top. I think that Khabib is a smarter fighter as well so I believe he will win but with a perfect strategy.

No. 2 would be Kevin Lee, he is a very good wrestler with good standup. This fight would be a war for sure and would be a matter of who is more durable. I believe that Khabib is way more durable than Lee.

someone who can take away his major strengths, Kevin Lee might be the only one who dares to wrestle him. but yeah i would also like to see tony vs khabib, because at this point khabib hasnt cleaned out the division!!!

Khabib vs Tony needs to happen

Al was actually one of the worst matchups

If Al beats Lee again, Kevin is out of the question for a while and Al is up for a potential rematch with Khabib

i dont know much about al tbh, is al the best wrestler after khabib??? is his wrestling better than kevin lee's ?

Yeah. I don't know. It's strange because ferguson is the better striker, but his defense is lacking. Khabib isn't as good of a striker as ferguson, but his defense is really good. I can picture Khabib knocking ferguson down and getting a 10-8 round or two, but I wouldn't bet on him finishing ferguson.

I'm guessing that Khabib will get it done on the ground. IMHO, he controls Tony on the ground, puts him in bad positions and eventually gnps him to a TKO. Tony is slick with the submissions in transitions, but I don't think that he'll have an answer for Khabib's methodical and unrelenting top control.

dustin

realy good boxing and kicks.
pressure fighter
excellent bjj
good wrestling
shaky chin
Excellent cardio

Back