So who exactly is Tony Ferguson's best win again?

Give Tonys opponents have as good of cardio as he has or make Tonys chin not one of the best in the UFC and he would have an awful record.

Dude would have lost 6 of his last 12 if he didn't rely so heavily on his chin/cardio.

Give Tonys opponents have as good of cardio as he has or make Tonys chin not one of the best in the UFC and he would have an awful record.

Dude would have lost 6 of his last 12 if he didn't rely so heavily on his chin/cardio.

Thats like saying, give Kabib's opponents good enough wrestling and takedown defense and he would have already been cut from the UFC. Tony breaks his opponents.

....... So you're trolling? Got it. To the list you go.
It's a legitimate question.

His fans, mostly Conor band wagoners, act like he accomplished more in this sport than Khabib.

Then when confronted with the reality of the situation they have nothing substantial to back their up their pov.

Even this whole "ducking" angle is a joke considering Khabib is suspended and Ferg pulled in their last fight for the second time.

Just like he did against RDA? Lmao, Ferguson wants nothing to do with decorated international/world class grapplers. Subbing Barboza is a bit different than subbing someone who has been outgrappling world level brown and black belts while Ferguson himself was a purple belt ;)
Is it you who said he had weak TDD? He tried to ankle-pick RDA twice iirc. Didn't cross my mind that he would be scared of anything, especially TDs. All I saw was a guying having fun schooling another guy in his prime.

I would also say RDA who he fought when RDA was still very dangerous and competitive.

Is it you who said he had weak TDD? He tried to ankle-pick RDA twice iirc. Didn't cross my mind that he would be scared of anything, especially TDs. All I saw was a guying having fun schooling another guy in his prime.
I'm the one who said that.

You do have the ability to go back and read posts in this thread you know?

It's a legitimate question.

His fans, most Conor band wagoners, act like he accomplished more in this sport than Khabib.

Then when confronted with the reality of the situation they have nothing substantial to back their up their pov.

Even this whole "ducking" angle is a joke considering Khabib is suspended and Ferg pulled in their last fight for the second time.

You can't deny Tony's streak, he is on the pfp rankings and has never been champion.

Given who started this thread, it was pretty obvious that this was a poorly camouflaged Khabib worship thread. That said, as a Tony fan I will still try to offer some objective analysis.

Tony's best win is **probably** RDA. The eye poke stuff is nonsense. Tony has ZERO history of doing it, none. So while it did happen, it was obviously accidental. In addition, RDA actually edged rd 3 on the judges cards (eye poke happened in rd 2). So it can't have affected him that badly can it? Tony won because he turned up the pressure and threw ridiculous volume at RDA in rds 4 and 5 in Mexico City where EVERYONE else noticeably tired as their fights went on.

Tibau is probably an underrated win given that Tibau was roided to the gills and coming off 3 wins in a row. And the ease in which Tony dominated him was surprising too.

And of course this thread did quickly turn into a comparison of Khabib and Tony's resumes so I guess I will throw my 2 cents in there. Unlike TS and most of the people here who worship Khabib I can be objective. So while I think Tony's losses are meaningless from the perspective of who he is now and his chances vs Khabib, I can also acknowledge that from a resume' standpoint they do matter (at least a little). And while Khabib may have been a little lucky to get the dec vs Tibau, he did still get it so remains unbeaten. And while it was a lot of can crushing in Russia (aside from maybe 3 guys) he did still run through them like he should have.

Conor being out 2 years and basically having had 1 LW fight doesn't make it a huge win when looked at closely, but the general enormity of the fight and (deserving or not) the fact that Conor was the LW champ does make it a meaningful win.

So while I do like Tony's chances to beat Khabib (for reasons I've explained a bunch of times), looking at it objectively I'd have to give Khabib the slight nod as of now when it comes to overall resume'.

It means fuck all. Tony beats people's asses and breaks them. That's what matters.

Asks for best win, entire thread about losses and nuthugging Khabib LMAO

1.) RDA
2.) Lee
3.) Barboza
4.) Thompson
5.) Pettis

His Tibau win was pretty impressive too

Thats like saying, give Kabib's opponents good enough wrestling and takedown defense and he would have already been cut from the UFC. Tony breaks his opponents.

Except Tony didn't practice having a good chin, cardio aside.

Back