So where does Fury - Wilder rank up there among the All-Time Great Heavyweight fights?

TheMaster

Take The Road To Reality
@red
Reaction score
So where does it rank among the ATG heavyweight fights?
a4fba1cc-9ac3-42f2-bf91-b657ceb9547a-2018-12-01_Wilder_Fury1.jpg

I would say with the drama and action it is up there with some of the most famous fights of the past, Holyfield - Bowe, Lewis- Tyson etc.

All though boxing in general isnt nearly as big as it used to be and not even the premier combat sport anymore, the fact 10 million or so watched the fight and millions more are now talking about it makes it significant in boxing history.

Wilder fucking sucks and shouldn't be anywhere near it. On paper his career is total trash. In reality it is too.

Fury has a better resume on paper, in reality he should have an extra win over the aforementioned bum wilder.

Joshua is clearly far and away the best fighter on paper with the best resume.

I don't think any have achieved what it takes to become an ATG yet tho.

Whoops sorry. Went off on a tangent and ignored the actual question. It was a good fiğht with an iconic moment in furys resurrection.

Most of the fight wasn't close. The moments were incredible but there weren't enough of them.

Wow. I haven't seen it yet, but I think Fury needs more road work, myself. Sweet Jesus!

It was certainly excellent but we just had Klitschko-Joshua and Wilder-Ortiz. Its easy to lose track of what happened 5 minutes ago.

It was a great fight but I think that AJ Wlad trumps it for sheer excitement. First Wlad gets dropped, then he comes back, drops AJ, then AJ comes back and drops Klitschko and then finishes him off. That was a HW fight for the ages. Fury Wilder was pretty good but it wasn't as exciting as that.

It was certainly excellent but we just had Klitschko-Joshua and Wilder-Ortiz. Its easy to lose track of what happened 5 minutes ago.

I may be wrong but are you saying Wilder Ortiz was a fight for the ages? I certainly believe Wlad - AJ was but Wilder Ortiz was just someone beating up your grandpa

I wouldn't put it up there. my opinion before the fight is the same, that neither guy has a lot of great skills but that I thought the fight would be exciting, it was but watching fury get his feet tangled up and watching Wilder look lost? No, i'm not ready to put it up there with Ali Frazier. It's good for boxing though and I don't know why people are complaining, the sport will benefit with this controversy. All the faux outrage has been seen a million times before, it's tired. Fury almost got kayoed and he was fighting on another guys soil, what's the surprise. Not making a judgement but it's good for the sport this time. We now know that Wilder can kayo him and that Fury can outbox the guy, that makes for an interesting fight even if neither is great.

Too early to look at it in that context I think. Definitely the most notable HW fight of the decade alongside AJ/Wlad though.

As a whole it's no legendary stuff. Low output during most of the rounds. But boxing fans will talk about Fury's Undertaker moment for ages.

I may be wrong but are you saying Wilder Ortiz was a fight for the ages? I certainly believe Wlad - AJ was but Wilder Ortiz was just someone beating up your grandpa
Wilder was losing before the KO. It was pretty dramatic.

I think it would've been a greater moment if Fury got the decision, he should comfortably win comeback fighter of the year though.

I think moments of the fight will be remembered, mostly Fury getting up in round 12 otherwise the fight was Wilder swinging like an amateur and getting boxed up.

Back