So what reason is there to take an IV while not cutting?

There are plenty of genuine "medical need scenarios"..

however, its important to note, this IV happened on or before 25th March

Thats two months ago. I think we can be pretty sure, in the last two months, USADA have investigated his story and checked for any "genuine medical need"

If the IV was last week and theres not been time to investigate, fine, but this is two months ago. You can be damn sure this has been played out behind closed doors for the last month, and its only now, with BJ unable to provide good reason, that USADA have suspended him.

Or has everyone just been sitting on their hands for 2 months?

No technically the possesion of weed is forbidden in the Netherlands. Production is completely forbidden and will be punished if caught. So called "user-amounts" are allowed (not by law officially though, but you'll be fine), but possesion over (i believe) 5 gram will get you a fine, over (i believe) 30 gram is a criminal offence. Coffeeshops have an exception, but even they have to "smuggle" weed in their shops multiple times a day. Dutch weed laws are very weird.

That said, as long as you don't bother anyone smoking weed is never a problem here, that much is true.
yeah i know that in maastricht for example you need a weed passport... do you smoke weed?

I think that too many people are discounting this as a possibility. BJ isn't and has never been the pinnacle of what's "shredded and super-fit". He's with a camp now where he has to work hard and has to bust his ass...not that "BJ at his own tempo" type of a camp. He may have been super dehydrated...it can happen...Everyone is jumping on the PED train, and I just don't buy it...especially for a guy like BJ. I think he is really focused and dedicated right now...pushing himself like never before. The only one that knows if it it is anything foul is BJ..we'll see

Sounds legit.

yeah i know that in maastricht for example you need a weed passport... do you smoke weed?

The weedpass has gone since 2012, so no need for that anymore ;) I like to smoke from time to time yes, but try to limit it.

WTF if he is partying so hard he needs IVs get the fuck outta here

Sounds shady

I have used them to simply rehydrate if I have been training a lot or if I got really sick from drinking. They have services that will come to your house and administer an IV.

I have used them to simply rehydrate if I have been training a lot or if I got really sick from drinking. They have services that will come to your house and administer an IV.

Wow didn't even know that :)

If your using IVs to rehydrate after hard workouts or partying your weak and you need a crutch you can rely on. Doesnt sound like proper training for a high paid professional

When I had a shoulder recon they had me on a saline drip. I can totally see them just whacking that on him, they give people "drips" all the time really.

Jesus Christ i dont see what the big deal is here. All i know is that yet another card is flawed cuz of this shit. Bj is never boring and i was looking forward to seeing another fight that wasnt boring. Now, we dont get it because of a violation that doesnt prove he was on anything just that he used a method of maybe/probably putting something in him.

Screen-Shot-2014-07-26-at-3.15.05-PM.png

This is your answer

I think a possible reason would be that BJ knew he was going to get his butt handed to him. He didn't want to fake an injury because then people would want to see X-rays and such.

Let's be real here, he has looked terrible in his last few fights. Since then he has just gotten older. Unfortunately, his best years are way behind him.

You are a legend. Stay retired BJ.

We have a local shop that specializes in IVs. www.thedriproom.com
Loads of people go after drinking, but people also get them if they feel a cold coming on, or before athletic events.

They inject the iv with different vitamins, like glutathione for detox on the hangover ones, etc. It's fairly common to get nutritional IVs here. Not sure about he rest of the country. I know MLB players that get them once or twice a month to support training.

Jesus Christ i dont see what the big deal is here. All i know is that yet another card is flawed cuz of this shit. Bj is never boring and i was looking forward to seeing another fight that wasnt boring. Now, we dont get it because of a violation that doesnt prove he was on anything just that he used a method of maybe/probably putting something in him.

Never boring but also a complete punching bag in his last fight.

Looked incredibly awful.

For someone who doesnt use an iv to rehydrate after cutting its very strange.If its for a legit medical issue im sure he can apply retroactively for an tue for an iv.But otherwise its ped masking

We have a local shop that specializes in IVs. www.thedriproom.com
Loads of people go after drinking, but people also get them if they feel a cold coming on, or before athletic events.

They inject the iv with different vitamins, like glutathione for detox on the hangover ones, etc. It's fairly common to get nutritional IVs here. Not sure about he rest of the country. I know MLB players that get them once or twice a month to support training.

Those kind of things are always introduced in europe a few years later, so i'll wait for the first IV-bar here.

Floating was kind of a failure here.. had three venues in my area and all were closed before i could ever try it. :)

Just thirsty and the water fountain is too far down the hall.....BJ is rich, why not choose the $3000 method of rehydrating instead of free?

Fighters also do trial weight cuts, especially when fighting in a new division. Since he's only had on FW fight and since he's been out of the cage for so long, that's a possible reason.

Who knows. I always associated IV's with extreme dehydration. I had no idea until I consulted with the experts on Sherdog, that it's also used to mask other shit.

Back