So what happened to Rin Nakai?

Grijswaarde

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
She had a 15 fight win streak, a lot of people were talking about her, a substantial amount of Sherdoggers even saw her as a sex-symbol (each to his own but ok), she had some really weird semi erotic training vids.. basically nice marketable material, kinda made a name etc.

Then she lost to Miesha over a year ago and since then no fight, not even an announcement.. What part did i miss?

Did you see her latest blog post?
She looks like she has lost a little weight.

20150910144037.jpg

20150910144500.jpg

20151116165501.jpg

20151116162329.jpg

according to her blog ufc wanted her to cut to 115 in order for her to fight, but she refused, so they simply not booking her.
but really they just used her to sell some tickets in japan

according to her blog ufc wanted her to cut to 115 in order for her to fight, but she refused, so they simply not booking her.

Wow that's harsh.. i remember she was REALLY dominated by Miesha, but i still see her beat a lot of BW's tbh. At the least she is more marketable than 75% of the women's roster imo.

She's probably making youtube videos again

There are plenty of people at 135 in the UFC that Rin can beat.
She did better against Meisha than some of Meisha's other opponents.

My point is just that, you can't claim that the people at the top are amazing and everyone that they beat is just terrible...

There are plenty of people at 135 in the UFC that Rin can beat.
She did better against Meisha than some of Meisha's other opponents.

My point is just that, you can't claim that the people at the top are amazing and everyone that they beat is just terrible...

Who is claiming that? Might misunderstood you there..

Who is claiming that? Might misunderstood you there..

She gets bashed on here for not being that great, for being exposed by the level of the UFC, and I've seen a lot of that on here.

Perhaps not everyone is as noble as you?

I guess "she" was too freaky for the UFC.

340x255_1391509.jpg

Rectal reconstruction after Miesha Tate's oil check. The healing process takes time.

I was going to answer OP by saying, hopefully cutting to 115 where she should be. I hadn't heard that UFC requested this from her and it's her right to refuse but I remember watching her fight with Miesha thinking she is way too dam small for that weightclass.

They could have at least given Rin Nakai another chance. I mean, one loss and now she's out?

The ufc is notoriously bad at handling asian fighters, and sean shelby is notoriously bad at handling the woman's division (look at how long it took markos to get a fight/ look at all the fighters begging for fights on twitter)

Rin has the unfortunate circumstance of being both Asian and a woman.

It is ridiculous. She lost to the #2 opponent in the division and got cut.

It reminds me of that PRIDE fighter who had only fought CroCop and Fedor.

It is ridiculous. She lost to the #2 opponent in the division and got cut.

It reminds me of that PRIDE fighter who had only fought CroCop and Fedor.

But did she really got cut? Or just on hold?

Zuffa come on... let her fight.

Back