so what chance does DC really have to win

Aside from ring rust, the new rules with the fingers should also help DC this time.

Still, anything can happen. At the end this could go either way.

Im a Jon Jones fan, but Ive been thinking about putting money on. DC to win this next fight. DC is +200 while jones is -260. might be worth putting $500 down to get $1000.

ill post the bet slip if you convince me DC has a chance.

If you gonna throw 500 away just throw it to me man Jones gonna put serious dents into DC's soft center.

tenor.gif

it's a huge maybe (for DC to win). I am a big fan of both but will be blown a way if DC finds a way where no else has yet.

DC's only chance is to land a KO shot in the early rounds. Jones outstruck, outwrestled and bullied DC on the fence. DC cant beat Jones unless he lands a lucky shot.

One thing to note is how bad Jones looked in the OSP fight. Didn't look at the top of his game then. I wouldn't put money down on this fight though.

DC's only chance is to land a KO shot in the early rounds. Jones outstruck, outwrestled and bullied DC on the fence. DC cant beat Jones unless he lands a lucky shot.

a lot of, if not most people, had DC up 2-1 in the first fight before he gassed in the last 2 rounds

He can very much beat Jones in a decision if his cardio holds up

I'll honestly be shocked if Jones wins. I think he's going to look very similar to the OSP fight. I didn't just see a guy having an off night but a guy that was out of his prime and wasn't passionate anymore about MMA. It looked like he didn't want to be in there and his interviews and comments afterwards confirmed it.

I wouldn't recommend betting this fight, too many variables going in and the odds aren't that good IMO.

Just hope we see the return of prime Jones. Would hate to see Cormier son him all over he octagon.

I'll honestly be shocked if Jones wins. I think he's going to look very similar to the OSP fight. I didn't just see a guy having an off night but a guy that was out of his prime and wasn't passionate anymore about MMA. It looked like he didn't want to be in there and his interviews and comments afterwards confirmed it.

I'm honestly shocked that you would be shocked if Jon won? You talk like Jon is winding down his fight career when in actuality he's preserved his body by 2yrs through suspension which allowed him to just train and heal any existing injuries.

Jon turns 29 next month DC is on the heavy end (no pun intended) of his 30's 38 to be exact who seems to be struggling making that 205 lately. Lets not forget the real animosity that the two have that gives you extra adrenaline to end your nemesis, and the most important factor Jon ownz space in DC's head, until DC evicts Jones from his brain he will always lose to him.

I could see Jones being tentative like in the OSP fight, especially if he doesn't have his roid confidence.

Jones hasnt fought really, in years

He had a stinker against OSP, if the same Jones shows up, he is going to get wrestlefucked to a decision

Neither of these guys is gonna try and finish, and this will not be an exciting fight

I appreciate your balls my friend in suggesting this, but trust your instincts. Surely you have learned to NEVER bet against Jon Jones. He is a bookie's nightmare. Fair enough he's probably been favourite in every fight since he won the belt, but he has been in some tricky situations and always finds a way out. I would never bet against Jones even if he had a 10 year break with a kilo of colombia up his nostrils.

DC has faced elite competition, there's no doubt in his abilities. But his chances of out-striking Jones are minimal, even with Jones's layoff, I can't see it happening. Jones will find a way. "DC should wrestle into the later rounds"?, DC is an elite wrestler yes, but Jones embarassed DC in that department last time they clashed and I can't see this time being any different. MMA wrestling is clearly very different from olympic/pure wrestling. Jon Jones is a master of MMA wrestling, in fact he's proven himself as a master of MMA striking and MMA grappling. Don't encourage this unfortunate man to throw 500 of his hard earned dollars away betting against Jones.

Please refer to my above comments and re-consider :)
The one area where DC did well was the close range striking whereas Jones tee'd off on him from long range with constant kicks to the body, that's what sapped DC's energy and that's why he lost to Jones in the wrestling game.

You can't wrestle properly when you're gassed, DC is obviously the better wrestler but if he wants to win that battle he has to
Somehow improve his striking defense. He acknowledged that
Hole in his game aswell by hiring a 6'7 kickboxing champion to help him improve his defense, we will see how much good its done.

Good news for DC is jones being on a lay off and USADA so jon might not have the same strength in the clinch and endurance that he had in their first fight.

I'd say chances for a DC victory is 3/10 likely loses by UD he better hope its not the same jones he fought last time.

Jones is one of those guys who I just think is substantially better than everybody in the division, including DC, who is substantially better than everybody else at 205.

But when you factor in the long layoff for Jones, I think its gets interesting. Is Jones going to be the same guy? Will he be tentative? Will he be rusty? We know what to expect from Cormier because he is a gutsy guy and he goes for it each time out. But it's tough to gauge where Jones' mental game and his performance in the cage are at since we haven't seen much from him in the past two years.

I'm not one to criticize the OSP fight. HE played it safe, got the job done and was never in trouble.

That said, DC is likely going to push him. I think Jones takes a 49-46 type decision, but it should be a good bout.

For me, Jones is just as good if not better in the clinch, a better striker from the distance, and one of the best defensive wrestlers in the game. DC doesn't really have any realm where he has a notable edge.

Jones hasnt fought really, in years

He had a stinker against OSP, if the same Jones shows up, he is going to get wrestlefucked to a decision

Neither of these guys is gonna try and finish, and this will not be an exciting fight

When has JOnes ever been wrestlefucked though. Gus took him down and Cormier slammed him down and in both those instances, he was on his back for a total of, what, three seconds? Against Cormier I don't think he was ever on his back. Just got slammed into a seated position and popped right back up.

I find it hard to believe that even a rusty Jones would not be able to utilize one of his skills, his ability to negate takedowns. If Jones loses this one, I think it's cause Cormier pressures him/beats him up in the close quarters- not due to wrestling.

Why is it so hard for people to fathom that DC can repeat round 2 of their first fight for a good portion of at least 3 rounds to win a narrow decision against ring-rusty Jones?

Why is it so hard for people to fathom that DC can repeat round 2 of their first fight for a good portion of at least 3 rounds to win a narrow decision against ring-rusty Jones?

I re-watched that fight this past weekend, and didn't realize just how well Jones did. He was head-and-shoulders better than DC. From memory I recalled the uppercuts in the clinch, how good Daniel did there - rewatching it you can see they were doing equal damage in the clinch.

Jones was landing freaky elbows, and he was able to out work him. Jon had a higher landing % throughout the whole fight, he not only was more active but he landed with accuracy.

The variety in his attacks was just bonkers. He kicked the inside and outside of DC's calves, knees and thighs, every possible spot. Front kick to the stomach, sidekick to the neck! Jab, straight, elbow, spam a fake takedown. He was the better fighter everywhere.

Now take this in the context of Jon Jones staying up all night partying on cocaine literally weeks before this fight. DC likely trained like it was the biggest fight of his life, and it was. Jon was out at the bar hammering drinks and blow and he beat DC without much damage.

It wasn't a war like seeing DC and Gus. Jon was just better.

Back