So, we need to talk...

I think the system is fine. The judges are what suck. I usually watch drunk and I still judge better than they do, who are supposed to be professionals. It’s mind boggling.

I would like to see something that balances out the reward / penalty for "point fighting". Not completely to please the Just Bleed Gods, but enough that Carlos Condit should have at least got a warning, and then again a point deduction for the way he absolutely refused to engage Diaz. Not mad about that decision anymore, but would be happy if something came along that prevented too many more performances like that. New "fighting like a bitch" rule could at least result in a fight like that being a draw or something, So many new breed guys take the fighting out of fighting by refusing to take risks and accept that there is a chance you lose in MMA sometimes.
PS, I'm hanging out with Molly in thanksgiving night if you couldn't tell

I think it should be more like kickboxing were they have 5 judges.

The judges should also be watching on screens backstage so they have a better view of the action and are less likely to be swayed or distracted by the crowd.

It’s hard to fix judgings because of the subjectivity involved.

My beef is with refs who don’t have the balls to enforce the rules. Giving multiple warnings for the same offense is useless. It just tells the fighters that they can get away with it. Start deducting points if you want rules followed.
this! it makes things like eyepokefu possible. fuckin it I'll eye poke him early, won't really get penalized, and he'll be fucked up for the rest of the fight

Bringing in new judges wouldn't solve anything, because they'd be drawn from the same pool of people who are now so brainwashed they genuinely believe the complete opposite of what their every sense is telling them. Up is down, bad is good, awful is great, gender is just a figment of one's imagination, etc.

I mean hell, half of Sherdog actually thinks Joanna's going to destroy Rose in the rematch. That's how delusional the average person is these days.

that would be chaos lol
And it would never be sanctioned anywhere. Some of the rules are silly, but they are important simply to give the veneer of safety to MMA so it is sanctioned in more locations.

1. More 10-10 rounds. If it's a "coin flip", then don't choose a winner.
2. More 10-8 rounds. If one athlete is dominant over another during the round, call it.

Back