So was the immigration restrictions really that bad of an idea?

XThe GreatestX

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I get that Trumps immigration reforms were controversial and not traditional. And yes i know the media and the left crucified him for it and tried to make it about everything from race to ignorance.

However! Isnt whats happening in Europe kinda proving that trumps policies arent that bad of an idea?

Was it not a ban on a handful of countries that had a heavy ISIS presence which made immigration from those countries into the U.S. potentially dangerous?

Yes i know its the dems/medias mission in life to crucify trump for everything he does good or bad. But can we at least acknowledge maybe it wasn't that bad of an idea, and that it was potentially an even good one?

Good luck getting anyone to admit to this. Not only are certain people here utterly incapable of differentiating strong immigration laws from """""""""bigotry"""""""" but they will go out of their way to make up some narrative about the temporary travel ban just because they hate Trump. Like how he supposedly kept certain countries off the list because he does business with them even though that statement has no basis in reality.

Good luck getting anyone to admit to this. Not only are certain people here utterly incapable of differentiating strong immigration laws from """""""""bigotry"""""""" but they will go out of their way to make up some narrative about the temporary travel ban just because they hate Trump. Like how he supposedly kept certain countries off the list because he does business with them even though that statement has no basis in reality.
Yeah its really too bad. I will say the way the media and the left have been reacting to trump is so embarrassing its actually really sad.

Hopefully people start getting a grip that immigration restrictions like this have nothing to do with race, religion or any other ridiculous bullshit that people want to come up.

But its probably to late at this point after the ridiculous reaction to it initially

I think deep down everyone knows that Islam is shit but liberals will never admit that a white man was right about something.

I don't even know why they were controversial. Wanting to know who the fuck somebody is before having them move to your country seems pretty damn reasonable. The argument in favor seems to shift around from expensive strawberries, to we're a racist country, though I guess not quite racist enough for others to not want to move here. I haven't heard 1 decent argument in favor of illegal immigration and refugees that isn't just calling someone a bigot for not wanting to import poverty.

We are only supposed to care about the families of poor Muslims in Sudan, not poor western victims of terrorist attacks, then you are supposed to do nothing

just ask them why they have locks on their house and why they care who enters

if they try to paint you as a xenophobic racist bigot, ask them why they dont care about the victims of terrorist attacks/rapes, and ask them why they hate women and rape victims

No but not having the Saudis and Pakistan on the list makes it a lot more political theater than any kind of real and meaningful policy.

Honestly if you come from a country that we are actively at war at or has had people involved in terrorizing us you probably dont need to be here right now. Its not like we cant revisit or reverse the policy as the situation changes

just ask them why they have locks on their house and why they care who enters

if they try to paint you as a xenophobic racist bigot, ask them why they dont care about the victims of terrorist attacks/rapes, and ask them why they hate women and rape victims
lol, they won't even admit that there are rapes and terrorism. I actually left out my favorite argument from the left, which is "Islamic terrorism isn't even a thing, so don't bring it up or you'll turn them all radical, cause you know how those Muslims react when they get insulted".

I don't even know why they were controversial. Wanting to know who the fuck somebody is before having them move to your country seems pretty damn reasonable. The argument in favor seems to shift around from expensive strawberries, to we're a racist country, though I guess not quite racist enough for others to not want to move here. I haven't heard 1 decent argument in favor of illegal immigration and refugees that isn't just calling someone a bigot for not wanting to import poverty.
Not like immigration policies were crafted around ideological lines in the past or anything.

Your views aren't in line with ours? You're not welcome here.

How basic can an idea get before some can mentally digest it?

I actually left out my favorite argument from the left, which is "Islamic terrorism isn't even a thing, so don't bring it up or you'll turn them all radical, cause you know how those Muslims react when they get insulted".
tkLCTbo.jpg

This thread reeks of circle jerk. You guys should tone it down a bit.

Not like immigration policies were crafted around ideological lines in the past or anything.

Your views aren't in line with ours? You're not welcome here.

How basic can an idea get before some can mentally digest it?

They can at least kick the can down the road a little with the "give them a chance" argument, but actually burning calories in favor of it is a mystery.

They can't even differentiate between legal and illegal immigration, so you're going have to lower the bar here.

It was fucking theatre, as made obvious by him giving the country responsible for 9/11 100 billion in weapons.

His Muslim "ban" was ill-conceived pandering to a bunch of blindly loyal racists who can't see a con when it's blowing their children up. And you clowns pretend it was a good idea?

I hope the Manchester bomb was placed by a Saudi born terrorist so you can all blame Trump for murder.

It was fucking theatre, as made obvious by him giving the country responsible for 9/11 100 billion in weapons.

His Muslim "ban" was ill-conceived pandering to a bunch of blindly loyal racists who can't see a con when it's blowing their children up. And you clowns pretend it was a good idea?

I hope the Manchester bomb was placed by a Saudi born terrorist so you can all blame Trump for murder.
Rooting for terrorism because you'd like to blame the president who didn't do it?

200.gif

Hoping the guy who committed a terrorist act already perpetrated, is Saudi = rooting for terrorism?

Are you stupid or just new to words?

Hoping the guy who committed a terrorist act already perpetrated, is Saudi = rooting for terrorism?

Are you stupid or just new to words?
I don't even know what the fuck you're talking about. How the shit is a terrorist attack at a pop concert in England Trump's fault? Your reaction to a terrorist attack is "I hope it's a Saudi terrorist attack so I can somehow blame Trump for it"? Maybe let's root for less terrorism rather than looking for a way to blame Trump when it happens in another country.

Back