So UFC 227 PPV numbers bombed again - right?

Based on history i'd say this should do 200k...UFC 216 should be the most similar card to compare this to.

UFC 213 Romero vs. Whittaker 07/08/17 130000
UFC 214 Cormier vs. Jones 2 07/29/17 860000
UFC 215 Nunes vs. Shevchenko 2 09/09/17 100000
UFC 216 Ferguson vs. Lee 10/07/17 200000
UFC 217 Bisping vs. St. Pierre 11/04/17 875000
UFC 218 Holloway vs. Aldo 2 12/02/17 230000
UFC 219 Cyborg vs. Holm 12/30/17 380000
UFC 220 Miocic vs. N'Gannou 01/20/18 380000
UFC 221 Romero vs. Rockhold 02/10/18 130000
UFC 222 Cyborg vs. Kunitskaya 03/03/18 260000
UFC 223 Khabib vs. Iaquinta 04/07/18 350000
UFC 224 Nunes vs. Pennington 05/12/18 85000
UFC 225 Whittaker vs. Romero 2 06/09/18 250000
UFC 226 Miocic vs. Cormier 07/07/18 380000

I dont know if all those are right. 217 for example was 1m+ but you have 875k

They're not out yet but - looking at that card, if it did more than 300k buys - I'll eat a fucking sneaker.

Every ship needs a good captain - and now that Lorenzo has departed - this ship is in hella stormy waters.

I think Duane Ludwig said it best: "An entertainment company trying to run a fight company".

What is its future?

Good question.

The return of McGregor - you can be sure PPV numbers will skyrocket for that fight - but beyond that - what do?

I cannot fathom they actually marketed that card as PPV.
To me, it's not much more than a fight night card.

I think what Lorenzo understood best - that WME don't, and Dana definitely doesn't - is that, you can't build a card on talent.

It takes talent - but it also takes - character.

Dillashaw was the only solid draw on that card.

Dillashaw is a draw?

The card ended up being awesome. I don’t care how many buys it had

The UFC doesn't need PPV to be successful, they're just doing them for extra profits because dolts in North America are stupid enough to pay 60$ to watch 90 mins of fighting and 90 mins of advertising.

I'll pay for a PPV when Europeans actually have to pay for PPV events. Otherwise you North Americans are suckers.
Soooo, you'd pay for it as well? Wouldn't that also make you a sucker?

It was a WEC 2018 card.

ESPN is gonna keep the UFC relevant for a hot minute. We're like 2 steps above Golf and Tennis, bud

It's interesting when the facts started coming out that the UFC was indeed not dying, that the TS stopped replying.

Thanks @FrankieNYC

Last edited:
875k for north america only. Maybe you didnt bother to actually read all the articles on it, and ignored Dana White announcing it broke 1m.

Im right, youre wrong.

lol

N.A. encompasses 97.5% of PPV buys including Canada.
The figures did not come from Dana White, but Dave Meltzer whom i have broke UFC financial news with & been heralded in his newsletter.
Dana always lies about numbers you fool
How do you not know that?

DMMMAJ.png

You are not versed on this

Take care & better luck next thread

@Myrddin Wild if you want to tag in IDC
I'm at my nitwit level today lol

Last edited:
It's interesting when the facts started coming out that the UFC was indeed not dying, that the TS stopped replying.

Thanks @FrankieNYC

You got it buddy
You know I try to bring the info ;)
It took a bit but some are not as versed as others
Look at this nitwit that thinks he knows PPV buys & believes Dana's over-inflated numbers

Last edited:
lol

N.A. encompasses 97.5% of PPV buys including Canada.
The figures did not come from Dana White, but Dave Meltzer whom i have broke UFC financial news with & been heralded in his newsletter.

You are not versed on this

Take care & better luck next thread

Meltzer is where you go when you have nothing. He will give a good estimate but the company running the event has the real numbers.

When the company running the event annoynces it broke 1m, and theyre the only ones with the real number, thats what you go by.

You dont go to ppv estimates from Meltzer when Dana announces the buy rate.

Wise up and take the L

Meltzer is where you go when you have nothing. He will give a good estimate but the company running the event has the real numbers.

When the company running the event annoynces it broke 1m, and theyre the only ones with the real number, thats what you go by.

You dont go to ppv estimates from Meltzer when Dana announces the buy rate.

Wise up and take the L

If you argue enough @FrankieNYC will just throw you on his ignore list where about 45% of the site resides <45>

Last edited:
I dont know if all those are right. 217 for example was 1m+ but you have 875k

Mixing sources and different foreign markets into the equation becomes a clusterfuck when you are doing analysis and it gets the conversation off track. If Dana White wants to go on record and state what UFC 217 did exactly North America then great but him saying "Well over a million globally" is too abstract and until he starts giving these sales figures for every event then this isn't that relevant.

Is it possible Meltzer will become a more inaccurate as time goes on with online purchases of fights? Maybe....but I'll stick to that over the few times the promoter of the company says abstract shit like "We did well over 1 million globally"

Mixing sources and different foreign markets into the equation becomes a clusterfuck when you are doing analysis and it gets the conversation off track. If Dana White wants to go on record and state what UFC 217 did exactly North America then great but him saying "Well over a million globally" is too abstract and until he starts giving these sales figures for every event then this isn't that relevant.

Is it possible Meltzer will become a more inaccurate as time goes on with online purchases of fights? Maybe....but I'll stick to that over the few times the promoter of the company says abstract shit like "We did well over 1 million globally"

Every time Dave & Dana had a difference in numbers, Dave was proven more accurate by the UFC themselves.
UFC's own internal numbers back up Dave over Dana
Also when Dana said that it was too early & impossible to know the exact numbers anyway
Only a nitwit trust DW's words as fact

* remember Dana for years said UFC 100 did 1.6m buys. Meltzer said 1.3m. UFC filings came out recently & .... 1.3m

Last edited:
Every time Dave & Dana had a difference in numbers, Dave was proven more accurate by the UFC themselves.
UFC's own internal numbers back up Dave over Dana
Also when Dana said that it was too early & impossible to know the exact numbers anyway
Only a nitwit trust DW's words as fact

* remember Dana for years said UFC 100 did 1.6m buys. Meltzer said 1.3m. UFC filings came out recently & .... 1.3m

I've actually never seen the filings. Do you have a link?

All we can hope is McGregor stays around long enough for another couple of marketable fighters to come along.

Maybe theyre already signed or will within the next year.

Back