So this might get laughed at...but I think Dominic Reyes might be the one to finally...

zxyss25

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Beat Jon Jones at LHW

Assuming Jones comes back and doesnt lose to Cormier

It's inevitable, you show weakness(i.e. This may get laughed at), you will get laughed at every fucking time. Make an assertion, back it up with fact...and who the fuck cares what anyone thinks?!

Well Jon can't even fight right now so that might be a problem

Ts is insane. Reyes is a legit talent but Jones, on roids, may be the best fighter in mma history

Considering who he has fought is it a long shot, If he gets past OSP you might have more dogs in the fight

giphy.gif

Yeah, I gotta LOL.......however....at the same time, fighters busted for PED's have a staggering drop off after they get busted. Based on how .Jon looks tho, I really feel he is still micro dosing T and won't get busted lest he has a tainted vile again.

It's possible he has massive drop off, but not to the point where Reyes beats him.

Jon being a known sociopath will Continue to beat himself for the rest of his life.

Very excited for this guy!! Let's see how he looks vs OSP, if he manages to get another 1st round finish we got a instant contender.

<mma1>
You don’t really think that do you?

Reyes is the best athlete in the LHW division, and a better athlete than Jones. He was a star D1 6’4” SS, captain of the team and was invited to tryout for the Redskins, in the secondary.

Rewatch the Cannonier fight, watch how quick he slips Jared’s punch and uppercuts Cannonier dizzy. Glover has to hump Jared, Reyes would wreck him. Not to mention is a grappling base, hs star wrestler and jits under Drysdale.

It’s early but he’s got a better shot than the rest of the top 15, I say that today he does...

It's inevitable, you show weakness(i.e. This may get laughed at), you will get laughed at every fucking time. Make an assertion, back it up with fact...and who the fuck cares what anyone thinks?!
Really good advice in general

Reyes is the best athlete in the LHW division, and a better athlete than Jones. He was a star D1 6’4” SS, captain of the team and was invited to tryout for the Redskins, in the secondary.

Rewatch the Cannonier fight, watch how quick he slips Jared’s punch and uppercuts Cannonier dizzy. Glover has to hump Jared, Reyes would wreck him. Not to mention is a grappling base, hs star wrestler and jits under Drysdale.

It’s early but he’s got a better shot than the rest of the top 15, I say that today he does...

Hes a very talented guy but I'm not sure he's the best athlete at 205. Alonzo Menifield and Khalil Rountree are both extremely fast and powerful.

Lhw has a really good group of prospects in Menifield, Rountree, Pedro, Reyes, Rakic, Ankalaev, and Edilov. Add Krylov, cuteleba, Cirkunov and Anderson who may be past prospect status but are young with bright futures and the top 15 is going to look completely different in 12 to 18 months.

Hes a very talented guy but I'm not sure he's the best athlete at 205. Alonzo Menifield and Khalil Rountree are both extremely fast and powerful.

Lhw has a really good group of prospects in Menifield, Rountree, Pedro, Reyes, Rakic, Ankalaev, and Edilov. Add Krylov, cuteleba, Cirkunov and Anderson who may be past prospect status but are young with bright futures and the top 15 is going to look completely different in 12 to 18 months.

I hear ya on explosion, as Khalil has that, but he also has poor control of his body, athletes have to have control of every movement. Khalil used to be a 300lb fat kid, he is not an athlete and didn’t have those experiences as a top guy from hs, like Dom and Alonzo. I don’t view him as an athlete.

Alonzo is similar but has better control, I’m sure he learned that as a linebacker at D2 A&M, still not the level and reflex quick of a D1 safety. That being said power is power, and while I know all three have it, I’m sure we can agree Alonzo and Khalil have more... Reyes and Menifield are friends, and ik they’ve trained together at Elevation, that would be fun sparring to see!

I like some of the guys you named, but I believe Reyes has the leg up, and he’s already ranked above those guys, but yeah big changes in next 18 mos. I think Menifield can get there if he stops over punching. Rakic can be great as well

Back