So this is what "modern country music" looks like.. (warning: cancerous)

Everything now has gotten infiltrated by the leftwing feminist crap, i saw they put a transgender on some nasville show

Men can no longer be men, and women just bitch about not being able to find a good man.

Mass confusion how long will it take for females to learn fair rational judgment, honor, and other traits they never had to use for thousands of years?
Lol Blaming county music on left ....now I've heard everything

modern country music is for women
Which is weird since every song is about getting a girl drunk and fucking her. Seriously every single song is like girl you're looking good, climb up in my truck, I got a bottle of crown, let's go to a remote destination and screw.

Save us Chris Stapleton

Everything now has gotten infiltrated by the leftwing feminist crap, i saw they put a transgender on some nasville show

Men can no longer be men, and women just bitch about not being able to find a good man.

Mass confusion how long will it take for females to learn fair rational judgment, honor, and other traits they never had to use for thousands of years?

True country is heartbreak, it's sadness, it's struggle. There's no reason to say a Trans performer can't be a country single. You blame modern country on feminism but you're the real issue.

Real country is rebel music mofo. As Wheeler Says "Modern country is rap music for white people scared of black people"

Country and folk will never die homie.

i like some of the new country and i make no apologies.

i'm 36 and well beyond giving a fuck what anyone else thinks about the music i like.

Which is weird since every song is about getting a girl drunk and fucking her. Seriously every single song is like girl you're looking good, climb up in my truck, I got a bottle of crown, let's go to a remote destination and screw.

Save us Chris Stapleton

and this

Save us Chris Stapleton

I've been joking about the exact same thing you just said for a while now. Here, let me write a hit country song on the spot.

Lyrics from every country song these days:

Girl you look good, why dont you climb in my truck?
There's a bonfire party and a tailgate for two
She got my ballcap on and her feet on the dash
Her lips tastin' like crown and coke
She got me thinkin' we might not make it to the party

Cause she likes a small town boy....boy
Not a sissy little city boy...boy
We stop off the 235
Girl she got me thinking my oh my
You know what I want to do
Girl makes me feel like I don't know
What's a small town country boy to do?

Sounds like a failed casual jam session and they still recorded it hoping no one notices it sounds like a group of guys that all hate and want to sabotage each other's careers to make sure they never get off the ground because that would make them individually jealous.

It's like no one in the band wants to contribute any of their "good" material because they all plan on quitting this hated crap band as soon as they can, saving for when they can afford to go solo or at least with a future band that "appreciates" them enough to recognize and worship them as "the brains".

Last edited:
The divide between the shitty formulaic country music peddled by the major record labels and genuinely good music that could be considered country has been around longer than the vast majority of people on this forum have been alive. It's not a new phenomenon, it's just more pronounced now than it was in the past as the science of monetizing music has become more refined.

I've been joking about the exact same thing you just said for a while now. Here, let me write a hit country song on the spot.

Lyrics from every country song these days:

Girl you look good, why dont you climb in my truck?
There's a bonfire party and a tailgate for two
She got my ballcap on and her feet on the dash
Her lips tastin' like crown and coke
She got me thinkin' we might not make it to the party

Cause she likes a small town boy....boy
Not a sissy little city boy...boy
We stop off the 235
Girl she got me thinking my oh my
You know what I want to do
Girl makes me feel like I don't know
What's a small town country boy to do?

That's pretty spot on. Country music is so formulaic it makes my stomach turn, throw in some lyrics about how Jesus was a soldier in a 4 wheel drive driving down the interstate listening to the FM radio. Notice how all the songs have to throw in some mention of listening to FM radio or the radio station or something.

I think it would be very easy to be a hit country singer. Come up with some goofy name like Darryl Chesswood and sing about songs about FM radio, the interstate, 4 wheel drive, Jesus, sing it all over some chopped and screwed twin fiddle/steel guitar and some hip hop drum machine beats. You'll be a 21st century country music superstar in no time at all.

Old school country rules.
New country is garbage.
Fucking Trashville fucked it up with pop sensibilities.

mainstream country is hair metal with hillbilly accents

That's pretty spot on. Country music is so formulaic it makes my stomach turn, throw in some lyrics about how Jesus was a soldier in a 4 wheel drive driving down the interstate listening to the FM radio. Notice how all the songs have to throw in some mention of listening to FM radio or the radio station or something.

I think it would be very easy to be a hit country singer. Come up with some goofy name like Darryl Chesswood and sing about songs about FM radio, the interstate, 4 wheel drive, Jesus, sing it all over some chopped and screwed twin fiddle/steel guitar and some hip hop drum machine beats. You'll be a 21st century country music superstar in no time at all.

I've always found that weird too. Like why is this song about listening to another song? It's always either the same name drop of Hank, Willie or Cash to give them country street cred or generic popular rapper like Jay-Z, Kanye, Drake to show they like rap too!

Some of it is tolerable, but not much any more. I stream classic country here at work all day. Been listening to Kris Kristofferson Radio the last couple days on Jango. Man I miss good country music.

Country, or "new country" isn't really country music at all. they call it that but it's really just pop music. What ever helps them sleep at night I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back