So.. sup with Ngannou?

ZekaPeka

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Why is he still not booked for fight? It's been a while since his fight vs Stipe but no rumor about his next opponent. I would like to see him vs Volkov next or Werdum but in shape Werdum not the couch one.

Sup like supper with Ngannou? Sure if he splits the dinner bill and it isn't $$$ on Yelp.

Hasnt really been that long, coming off a beatdown title loss I'm not surprised he isnt rushing back in.

I'm guessing he will probably fight Black Beast.

Maybe on 226.

Hopefully working on that grappling... The guy could be the future. But has to put in that A-Level work.

The-black-beast.jpeg

Hopefully working on that grappling... The guy could be the future. But has to put in that A-Level work.

Couldn't agree more.

He's got tremendous potential but there are some obvious holes the he needs to fill if he wants to hang in the top of the division. He's got serious power and pretty good striking but aside from the obvious grappling hole if he added some next level cardio on top of a developing ground game he could be super dangerous within a few short years.

Couldn't agree more.

He's got tremendous potential but there are some obvious holes the he needs to fill if he wants to hang in the top of the division. He's got serious power and pretty good striking but aside from the obvious grappling hole if he added some next level cardio on top of a developing ground game he could be super dangerous within a few short years.

i think he needs cardio more than he needs grappling.

at HW you can get away with muscling out of shit, and he doesn't strike me like the kind of person who's going to be able to learn grappling well enough to apply it in a fight. they need to slim him down some to around 250ish and just work on basic shit like gaining underhooks and sprawls.

after that, he should be good to go against most current HWs.

Whatever he's doing, hopefully it includes lots of grappling training and conditioning. Guy has amazing potential.

Black Beast coming for dat ass Ngannou. <209Bitch>

i think he needs cardio more than he needs grappling.

at HW you can get away with muscling out of shit, and he doesn't strike me like the kind of person who's going to be able to learn grappling well enough to apply it in a fight. they need to slim him down some to around 250ish and just work on basic shit like gaining underhooks and sprawls.

after that, he should be good to go against most current HWs.

I tend to agree with you.

Most other HW fighters generally have cardio issues anyways, giving him a deeper gas tank negates any issues he could face. And most strikers in the HW division aren't in a position to out muscle him and turn it into a wrestling match anyways considering that Ngannou is such a strong guy.

However, the biggest issues IMO are fighters like Miocic and Cain who happen to have a solid grappling background, are lighter than him and have more cardio who also happen to have a solid fuel reserve. Throw into the mix that Cormier, a previous olympic wrestler, is flirting with a return to the HW division and it essentially makes Ngannou into nothing more than a gatekeeper to the top five if the grappling game remains the same.

Why is he still not booked for fight? It's been a while since his fight vs Stipe but no rumor about his next opponent. I would like to see him vs Volkov next or Werdum but in shape Werdum not the couch one.
He seems to only want to fight Brock.

To even mention a guy like Francis in title contention proves how much the heavyweight division is suffering at the moment. Super one-dimensional fighter.
Hits super hard though, ill give him that. Probably a New Houston Alexander?
Vs. Black beast? Fireworks for 1,5 minutes then zzzzzZzzzzzzz

He's working on his wrestling and cardio as we speak, digging ditches etc

Is Francis even old enough to drink? Could be a boring meal.
What? He's listed as 31, and I wouldn't be surprised if he was actually older.

tbh i dont see him learning much jiu jitsu he doesnt seem like a very smart person which you somewhat have to be to develop a grappling game

tbh i dont see him learning much jiu jitsu he doesnt seem like a very smart person which you somewhat have to be to develop a grappling game
hes like 6'4 260 all muscle, his bjj is never going to be anything good because of his body alone

considering that he is actually like 45 he is probably resting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back