So Suga Rashad fought on 225...

RicksonsGrip

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
It seems like it was yesterday when rashad was the champ and getting into verbal wars with Jon Jones... does anyone know the reason why he took such long breaks between fights? Its seems as if the UFC moved on from Rashad extremely fast, as if they were pissed at him, im thinking maybe he was trying to cherry pick his opponents, or fame got to him, and then time just passed by and he faded into the dark...

I didnt even know he was on this 225 card, but anyways this marks his 5th straight loss, and he hasnt won a fight since 2013... at 38 yo is it time to hang up the gloves? I dont know if its just me, but theres something fishy about how the last years of his career have gone, like there are missing pieces that havent been revealed... am i missing something?

He aged really fast. He always been chinny, but when he was younger he had fantastic recovery. When the striking level was generally lower, he had okay hands, that he could set up his takedowns with.

Too much sex makes you age faster.

Save your loads folks. It's one of nature's secrets to staying young.

You're welcome.

He had a long break due to injury I believe. Rashad just hasn’t aged well in this sport like most fighters, though there are exceptions (like Hendo). It is pretty shocking cuz I don’t think he was in that many wars in his career so I don’t necessarily think it’s a mileage thing like with Wanderlei. He’s just not in his physical prime anymore.

I think we're getting to the point where people are forgetting how long ago things happened. The dude aged. It happens. I think what's hurt him the most is his need to prove to himself that he hasn't. You can tell he wants to be the old Rashad but he just physically isn't anymore.

Sport takes it's toll. People don't realize some guys take enough injuries in the span of 3-4 fights to cut years off their lives. It's only natural they age faster too.

you know.... i was never the biggest Rashad fan, but fuck i felt bad for him...Even though i never really cheered for him i always knew he would atleast put on a decent fight... his last two outting were do dismal...like i felt sad to see him diminish so quickly.. i mean, not just the chin or reflexes but the fight iq seemed down... wonder if it was USADA or something else

Defo time to hang 'em up.

Dunno bout the cherry picking though

Too much sex makes you age faster.

Save your loads folks. It's one of nature's secrets to staying young.

You're welcome.

That's actually true (kindda) LOL
There are studies that indicate the more sperm an animal produces, the less it lives.

in 2013 he was still at a very high level, watch his fight against chael. 2 years off after that, bader beats him and then glover walks through him, you could see he was not the same guy.

Did anyone get a close up on Rashad? Anyone check for shadface 2.0?

Shad was on the card, much like he was in this race.

eQ9s8Cd.jpg

It seems like it was yesterday when rashad was the champ and getting into verbal wars with Jon Jones... does anyone know the reason why he took such long breaks between fights? Its seems as if the UFC moved on from Rashad extremely fast, as if they were pissed at him, im thinking maybe he was trying to cherry pick his opponents, or fame got to him, and then time just passed by and he faded into the dark...

I didnt even know he was on this 225 card, but anyways this marks his 5th straight loss, and he hasnt won a fight since 2013... at 38 yo is it time to hang up the gloves? I dont know if its just me, but theres something fishy about how the last years of his career have gone, like there are missing pieces that havent been revealed... am i missing something?

He's had a multitude of injuries since 2011, hence the long breaks between fights. Nothing really suspicious about a guy's body breaking down in his late 30s. He was an undersized 205er who relied on athleticism that's now gone.

I've never heard of him cherrypicking fights. He got screwed out of the title fight against Shogun due to injury, and Dana shit on him for having the audacity to think that he could keep his place in the rotation after telling Rashad (and the media) that he had a guaranteed title shot on multiple occasions. Rashad ended up fighting twice before getting the shot at Jones.

Anyway, it boggles the mind that people are still shitting on Rashad. He didn't deserve it ten years ago, and he sure as hell doesn't deserve it now.

Last edited:
Machida made him gun shy. Then several injuries. Then the hand speed went. That's when we ended up with patty cake suga. He's chinny, reluctant, and no longer possesses the ability to explode for double legs anymore.

Back