So Stupid It's Not Funny: Trump's claims on immigration get fact-checked - and it's embarrassing

There is ambiguity. For it to say only what you wish it to say, it would've used words that made it more clear, in that regard.

There's no ambiguity. It did use words that made it clear (which weren't quoted in the Hot Air version, but which I did quote). Did you miss that? Here it is again:

If Democrats can’t even stand up to Trump and Republicans in defense of Dreamers —whose moral case is unassailable — they will leave a lot of progressives wondering who Democrats will fight for. At that point, Latinos may not be the only constituency within the Democratic base that becomes dispirited and disengaged. If Democrats don’t try to do everything in their power to defend Dreamers, that will jeopardize Democrats’ electoral chances in 2018 and beyond.

It's odd because you immediately abandoned the subject and shifted to partisan yammering so I figured you did see it.

There's no ambiguity. It did use words that made it clear (which weren't quoted in the Hot Air version, but which I did quote). Did you miss that? Here it is again:

It's odd because you immediately abandoned the subject and shifted to partisan yammering so I figured you did see it.

I did see through it, apparently you can't. The partisans/anti-Trumpers will still vote for them regardless if they defend Dreamers or not; that doesn't mean more than the extra votes they get from the people they bring in to secure their electoral success.

lol at making a thread with Trevor Noah's shit "show" as your thesis.

Low IQ shit.
its not low i.q. if relevant facts are presented.

if there is a cartoon and a university video each teaching the same mathematical equation and giving the same correct answer, how is the cartoon wrong? because it was presented in animation?

I did see through it, apparently you can't. The partisans/anti-Trumpers will still vote for them regardless if they defend Dreamers or not; that doesn't mean more than the extra votes they get from the people they bring in to secure their electoral success.

Hmm. Can you explain how you fit the CT with the actual comments? Seems to pretty definitively refute it to me.

Hmm. Can you explain how you fit the CT with the actual comments? Seems to pretty definitively refute it to me.

Simply supporting the Dreamers is hardly a "critical component" to their electoral success, Obama himself said DACA was temporary, and their partisan base would still vote for them in spite of that, if not simply to get back at Trump for those actions. What real value the "Dreamers" have to them towards election results is their votes, which they just hide under the superficial front of morality.

Simply supporting the Dreamers is hardly a "critical component" to their electoral success, Obama himself said DACA was temporary, and their partisan base would still vote for them in spite of that, if not simply to get back at Trump for those actions.

You're making an assumption that not only isn't in the memo, it's clearly contradicted by the memo. I understand that you believe the ridiculous CT, and that's not what this is about. You said that the memo supports that belief. But I showed that it doesn't by quoting more of it. Do you understand the distinction between arguing in defense of the theory and arguing that the memo provides evidence for it?

Again, this is the piece that cuts the heart out of the argument:

"If Democrats can’t even stand up to Trump and Republicans in defense of Dreamers —whose moral case is unassailable — they will leave a lot of progressives wondering who Democrats will fight for. At that point, Latinos may not be the only constituency within the Democratic base that becomes dispirited and disengaged. If Democrats don’t try to do everything in their power to defend Dreamers, that will jeopardize Democrats’ electoral chances in 2018 and beyond."

You don't see that the writer is asserting that if Democrats don't stand up for a clearly moral cause, they'll lose support from voters?

What real value the "Dreamers" have to them towards election results is their votes, which they just hide under the superficial front of morality.

I think it's genuinely sad that you can't imagine anyone actually caring about other human beings.

Democrats are in a panic since they lose at least 3 votes for every illegal deported.

Haven't watched the Daily show since Trevor took over. Guy is the worst.

edited. new post coming. somehow made a mess.

Last edited:
Word for word, those don't sound like accurate quotes.

I found this statement on the NY killer, and Trump says (word for word), "he was the primary point of contact for, and this is preliminarial, 23 people that came in - or potentially came in - with him."

From that presser, he was obviously dealing with preliminary info and was making a statement against chain migration vs a shift toward merit-based migration.

Was this one of the clips because I can't find others like you describe in the OP.

Trumps statements on this have evolved from a statement reflecting unclear information to one of outright lying to support his position. Saipov went from being a point of contact to actually bringing in 22 people. Before you read the quotes, keep in mind that Saipov is responsible for bringing in exactly ZERO people into the US.

"Saipov arrived in the United States in 2010 through the diversity visa lottery. But Saipov is not a U.S. citizen yet; he just has a green card. The rules are stricter for green-card holders: they can only petition for a spouse or unmarried children.

Saipov is married, but his wife (also Uzbek) was already in the United States when they met and then married in Ohio. (Her parents live in Brooklyn.) Saipov and his wife have three young children, all of whom are already U.S. citizens because they were born in the United States.

So that adds up to zero people brought in by Saipov."

Here are his three quotes:

“This man that came in, or whatever you want to call him, brought in, with him, other people. And he was a point – he was the point of contact, the primary point of contact for — and this is preliminarily — 23 people that came in or potentially came in with him. And that is not acceptable. So we want to get rid of chain migration.”
President Trump, remarks at a Cabinet meeting, Nov. 1

“Twenty-two to twenty-four people came in through him. He’s a killer. He’s a guy who ran over eight — many people — eight died; 10 to 12 are really badly injured. So I really think that a lot of people are going to agree with us now on that subject.”
Trump, remarks at a bipartisan meeting on immigration, Jan. 9

“So the lottery has to end, chain migration — he brought in, they say, 22 people through the chain. So we have 22 of his relatives; why?”
Trump, in an interview with the Wall Street Journal, Jan. 11

Also, before somebody says that these are errors of sloppy speech or flagging memory.....30 out of 30.

@Trotsky

I had pulmonary embolism this year and almost died.
I'm glad my doctor was able to come to the US from Kenya and become a citizen.

I definitely want to bring these people over here.
Oh man that's crazy. You need to calm down some, try not to let me rustle you so much.

Also your doctor from Kenya is the only doc that could have treated you?

Oh man that's crazy. You need to calm down some, try not to let me rustle you so much.

Well, yeah cause obviously murka is the racism and doesn't want all those Kenyan micro surgeon refugees ovah heah.

Thanks bud.

Any doctor could treat me but like I said in another post we don't have a surplus of doctors. Look at ER wait room times.

If they had one less doctor It's possible I would have waited just a little bit longer and be gone

Why does it need explaining? I mean really, does pretending to play dumb count for something in your world? Are you really unaware of the holes and problems in our immigration system? I have a feeling you're not. This is just how you guys avoid addressing the actual issue. "Huh? Wha... well I just can't understand what you're saying so I guess that means there's no discussion to have..."

You guys are here talking about Kenyan brain surgeons FFS, as if thats the true face of immigration in the 21st century.

In this post you do exactly what he accused you of doing.

Plus some butthurt. That was the best part.

Back