So rumor is Bloomberg is going to run for Democratic nomination for president

jeffk

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Based on what he has been saying he is going to run from the center. Some left of center positions and some right of center positions but against the extreme of either party.

What do you think of his chances?
-----------------------------------
Bloomberg did not say when he would make a decision on whether to run for president.

“I’m working on this Nov. 6 election, and after that I’ll take a look at it,” Bloomberg said.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/17/us/politics/bloomberg-president-2020-democrat.html

he voices stark disagreements with progressives on defining issues including bank regulation, stop-and-frisk police tactics and the #MeToo movement.

He urged audiences in Seattle and San Francisco to punish Republicans who oppose gun control or reject climate science. And in Las Vegas on Sunday he called on Democrats to seize command of the political center and win over Americans “who voted Republican in 2016.”

Mr. Bloomberg believe he would have a plausible route to its presidential nomination if he stood out as a lonely moderate in a field of conventional liberals challenging President Trump.

mayor-bloomberg-drinking-bi.jpg
*gulp*

Not a chance in hell. If you thought Clinton got a rough ride from the left, you'll think the treatment of Bloomberg is an outright mugging. And if he thinks his positions on financial regulation, taxes, and criminal justice are going to get passed over because he panders on guns and presents himself as an anti-Trump billionaire, he's sorely mistaken.

Well at least there‘d be excellent financial data.

I don’t know the refence to big gulp.

If he could win the nomination, I’d say he have a good shot at beating trump. Better than any Democrat I can think of.

A lot will depend on how the economy does from now until the elections or if there is some big event.

Who are the Democrats going to run? Biden sounds interested but I don’t think he has the energy or support now. Warren seems to think she is going to be the one but I don’t see her beating trump. The lady from Hawaii who was on Rogan’s show seems interested but she likely had to wait at least 4 more years. Same as the mayor of Los Angeles. I don’t know much about Beto from Texas.

I don’t know the refence to big gulp.

If he could win the nomination, I’d say he have a good shot at beating trump. Better than any Democrat I can think of.

A lot will depend on how the economy does from now until the elections or if there is some big event.

Who are the Democrats going to run? Biden sounds interested but I don’t think he has the energy or support now. Warren seems to think she is going to be the one but I don’t see her beating trump. The lady from Hawaii who was on Rogan’s show seems interested but she likely had to wait at least 4 more years. Same as the mayor of Los Angeles. I don’t know much about Beto from Texas.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...plained/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.7f5ed2e4afde

In essence, Bloomberg tried to ban sodas of a certain size in certain areas.

I looked up the big gulp thing. The right will go on and on about him wanting to create a nanny state on that one.

I disagree with his ban.

But the us is getting really fat so I give him credit for trying to do something. Fat ass vote will stand with Coke and Pepsi over him.

The Democrat need independent votes and who will get them those votes and be able to win the Democratic nomination?

Bernie? I don’t think so. Middle American is not going to vote for Bernie.

The left’s bench in embarrassing.
I would not be surprised to see another dozen names pop up before 2020. No voter really cares who is planning to run at this point, Except the Bernie Bros.

The Democrat need independent votes and who will get them those votes and be able to win the Democratic nomination?

Bernie? I don’t think so. Middle American is not going to vote for Bernie.
Im a middle American, and I'm voting for bernie.

The left needs someone who is the opposite of trump, and actually has a strong record for fighting for the middle class and working class. Bernie did better than Hillary in all those fly over states, which cost her the election

The left’s bench in embarrassing.
Both sides are.
Bloomberg though a good businessman, will be blasted for soda bans and nanny state. I think his platform will go poorly in middle America. Trump somehow from guard out how, but I see bloomberg coming off as aloof and Mitt like

Based on what he has been saying he is going to run from the center. Some left of center positions and some right of center positions but against the extreme of either party.

What do you think of his chances?
-----------------------------------
Bloomberg did not say when he would make a decision on whether to run for president.

“I’m working on this Nov. 6 election, and after that I’ll take a look at it,” Bloomberg said.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/17/us/politics/bloomberg-president-2020-democrat.html

he voices stark disagreements with progressives on defining issues including bank regulation, stop-and-frisk police tactics and the #MeToo movement.

He urged audiences in Seattle and San Francisco to punish Republicans who oppose gun control or reject climate science. And in Las Vegas on Sunday he called on Democrats to seize command of the political center and win over Americans “who voted Republican in 2016.”

Mr. Bloomberg believe he would have a plausible route to its presidential nomination if he stood out as a lonely moderate in a field of conventional liberals challenging President Trump.

No more billionaire New Yorkers.

Bloomberg is as establishment as it gets. With his centrist persona, he sounds like someone who speaks from both sides of his mouth, telling conservatives what they want to hear and liberals what they want to hear.

Time for the Dems to pick someone outside the traditional confines of the party, like how the GOP grassroots picked Trump.

We don't need another used car salesman in office. No thanks

I hope he does run and I hope he wins the nomination. Will give Trump an easy win.

The idea of a centrist candidate uniting a politically polarised America seems... optimistic.

So a real billionaire businessman, not the fake can we have in the White House now.

It's funny people think "the soda thing" would sink Bloom. Trump is a bigger fucking idiot on a daily basis than every president combined and no one seems to care. I find it hard to believe the soda thing would be a nail in the coffin type thing. It's barely a blip on the radar

Back