So Robert Whittaker has a wrestling background??

It’s the internet. Look it up. Type the same shit into a search engine.

tenor.gif
help a brother out dude, thats why we do these....social media thingy

Well maybe I already did that? All that comes up are stories about his wrestling titles in the last 2 years, no mention of a career before that.
He has a classical TMA background in Hapkido which is his base (Throwing art). He earned a black belt in that discipline before earning it shortly after in Karate.

Hapkido:

90110b1619be65ca9de3b3b1ede65f32.png

IE001172950_STD.jpg

He has only competed in wrestling as of late, but his innate talent has won him Aussie championships.

Watch his fight with Romero, dude's TDD is insane and he fought that fight on one leg most of the contest.

the nasty and fast left hook from whittaker can have a huge impact on rockholds chin. whittaker has a very good stand up game, he can switch from defensive into offensive very well. rockhold needs a good space game against him, like thompson worked on him with the option to bring the fight to the ground in the later rounds, when whittaker can get into fatique.
tavares2.gif

Interesting. I did not know that. He will need to have solid TDD against Rockhold because Rockhold is one of the guys that if he gets you down and gets the top position its normally always over, he has great control and subs

Interesting. I did not know that. He will need to have solid TDD against Rockhold because Rockhold is one of the guys that if he gets you down and gets the top position its normally always over, he has great control and subs
Romero struggled to get him down. RockSalt is in for a long night imo.

Australian wrestling is shit on an international level, but that doesn't mean you can't have great mma wrestling.

Whittaker is a beast right now and if he fights confidently, I believe he is going to beat rockhold and put him through all he can handle and more.

Whittaker has good wrestling, Australia obviously isn't USA/Russia/Azerbaijan at wrestling, but if they move to mma, they make it work.

Rockhold is doomed

I bet he'll get caught with a left hook, lol. Luke does still drop his right hand after jabbing or doing his favourite 'check hook'. I can see Whittaker leaping in with the left hook like he always does and catching Luke and putting him out. Either that, or maybe the feint right hand, head kick like he did to Jacare and Brunson.

Romero struggled to get him down. RockSalt is in for a long night imo.

Romero got him down multiple times
He more so struggled keeping Whittaker down, but Romero isn't exactly know for holding People down in MMA. Brunson out grappled him.

Rockhard only has good take-downs from the clinch, and I doubt Whittaker let's Rockhold get that close.

I bet he'll get caught with a left hook, lol. Luke does still drop his right hand after jabbing or doing his favourite 'check hook'. I can see Whittaker leaping in with the left hook like he always does and catching Luke and putting him out. Either that, or maybe the feint right hand, head kick like he did to Jacare and Brunson.
Yup, that left hook as Whittaker is pushing to get inside is going to lay him out. Rockhold leaves his chin high when he backs out. With the exception of his kicks, rockhold doesnt use his length/distance very well.

Rockhold needs to get the take down.

Yeah Whittakers boxing and TDD make this a nightmare matchup for Rockhold.

I hope Whittaker doesn't fight timid. Sometimes when fighting a very rangy fighter for the first time it fucks with your head and you don't want to push in. If Whittaker does that he will get kicked around that octagon all night.

Back