So punk is really 0-2 in fights...

it seems like he is on some retarded midlife crisis type vision quest to prove to himself that he is a fighter. that is a very bad reason to get into fights.

hopefully it's just to make more money. that would be less retarded.

This was in 2004, here's what petey Williams had to say about it. The fuck this has to do with MMA I'll never know...

PETEY WILLIAMS: "In Spring 2004, myself, Chris Sabin, Johnny Devine, Sabu, and Jack Evans were the only people who witnessed the fight(between CM Punk and Teddy Hart) with our eyeballs. What happened was we used to eat at this place called the White Trash Café, just a name, that's where we used to have our catering at; it was right across the street from where we filmed. I didn't know that they had beef with each other at all; I wasn't hip to what was going on on the internet. Apparently they bad mouthed each other on the internet; I don't know the whole story behind the back story. We're eating and I saw Teddy and Jack walk in there and then me Sabin and Johnny Devine were walking away and they were like hey Punk is in the restaurant and Teddy just walked in, want to see what happens? I'm like what's going on guys? They said you know (Punk and Hart) don't like each other. We turned around and pretty much like Teddy and Punk walked out and it was kind of like, one of them says you've got a problem, he's like you've got a problem? There was like one shove, I can't remember who shoved whose shirt first.
Then it was just a couple of quick punches, Teddy got the upper hand I think like Punk kind of tripped and Teddy kind of tripped him over or something so he was on his ass. Teddy was like punching him, and then Sabu jumped in, this all happened within 20 seconds. Sabu jumped in and kind of tore them apart and as Sabu is trying to tear them apart Teddy still has Punk's hair and is trying to kick him in the face.
Then they kind of both went their separate ways, and the office found out about it and that was the last time I ever saw Punk in TNA. Then after Teddy did his stint with Team Canada that lasted another week, he never came back. You can't fight, there's consequences right.

Punk got his ass beat and Mickey Gall is a BJJ wizard, I dont talk as much shit on Punk as most. A lot can change in a year and half. Are you gonna shit your pants if Punk wins a fight? I'm not, I dont expect him to but it wouldnt be outrageous

Actually it would be outrageous if he wins in the ufc. This is supposed to be the top mma org in the world where only the best of the best fight. He does not belong there so yes if he wins it would be outrageous.

Guys like me, who win all our street fights and have that natural "fighter" in them are guys who are naturally tough and could even beat top MMA fighters based purley on out toughness even with no training.

Now I get it.

He was trained in Stu Hart's Dungeon in Calgary, Alberta Canada. In pro wrestling it's "the most feared wrestling torture chamber of grizzled tough guys to roll you hard through every move and reversal until you do it back", and Stu Hart was a legit catch wrestler and tough guy grappler. He taught all his children and nephews the combat arts of Catch Wrestling and from this helped them transition to "Pro Wrestling" as performance art rather than sport. I've never heard of any of the modern "Hart Family" members participating in any combat sport or having any type of background in any combat sport. Many just go from Football to Pro Wrestling. I mean, it's where their social networks are, right?

I don't think Punk will ever win a fight in any MMA org.

Stu Hart would of been a monster in MMA ( RIP)

Craziest part is it’s rhe guy in the gray behind the guy adjusting his glasses that taps cm on his head…look closely.

Completely fucking missed that! What a little dick lol
Watch the entire sequence closely... the glasses douche that got bopped still deserved it, just maybe not as much as background douche. The intention was to slap Phil Brooks in the head in the bigscreen, then put his glasses on triumphantly. Background douche got in a much harder sneak slap and glasses douche paid the price for it. The way the look on his face changes pre and post slap is just magnificent. I don’t fault him (Brooks) at all for this. Hands to yourself. All decent mamas teach that to their children.That guy was not just innocently adjusting his glasses. Some of you have incredibly poor perception.

Don’t a lot of the Hart family atleast have some catch/submission wrestling skills? I thought Stu Hart trained a lot of his guys in that style for real and for show.

Punk doesn't have natural fighting instincts. He should go back to pro wrestling. He's much better there.

yeah, because a street fight in a restaurant (or outside a restaurant whatever, wasn't clear) is certainly indicitive of a professional fighter's in-cage ability. Maybe CM Punk didn't want to go to jail? Maybe he didn't want to fight with a co-worker and get fired?

This thread is so fucking stupid.

By this logic, Kimbo Slice is clearly the best Mixed Martial Artist that ever lived.

I am 100% certain that I could have done better than CM Punk in that fight.
In fact, plenty of untrained dudes on the street would have fared better.
Yes, I know I'm being an "armchair quarterback."
Yes, I know I'm being a "keyboard warrior."
Guilty as charged.

The fact of the matter is CM Punk could not have done much worse. Everything he did, from that sloppy, weak, telegraphed punch, to his utterly useless submission defense, evinced a natural lack of fighting ability. So when we find out that he lost a street fight in the same way, well... I'm not surprised.

Punk in TNA? You know how long ago this must have been? Come on...

Never thought much of him as a pro wrestler ( overrated ) i always thought of him as an arrogant prick that thought he was more special then he really was to be honest , no athletic ability , not tough , or not having any fighting spirit.

I mean you could tell he was full of his own shit by his share down against Gall

103_CM_Punk_and_Mickey_Gall.0.0.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

No respect , putting on a front of begin tough ( indicative of actually being a weak asshole , since showing respect for your opponent means you appreciate the validity of what is going to happen and therefore prepared ) and quite frankly , i enjoyed seeing him get humbled.

punkcover

CM-Pnk-UFC-203-Loss-640x370.jpg

14310882_1073408569422358_1774152913_n.jpg

Lmao this picture is gold. HHH is a boss.

Obviously. Punk is like a cuck for fighting: he loves being humiliated and will never stand a chance of winning. Fighting is movement, coordination and athleticism: Punk has none of any of those qualities, heck, he never even played sports as a kid and learned the natural balance and coordination that sports playing kids learn. Whenever we have a fighter that had no martial arts background, they without fail have a background like OSP, where they were athletes before. Punk has SQUAT!!

Fighting involves movement, coordination and athleticism but above all it is about toughness and fighting spirit, (which Punk also lacks).

Darren Elkins may suck at 100 sports but let him test his will and body against a resisting opponent and his heart and will will break them.

This is what Punk va Hart looked like

200w.webp

It was over faster than it started.

yeah, because a street fight in a restaurant (or outside a restaurant whatever, wasn't clear) is certainly indicitive of a professional fighter's in-cage ability. Maybe CM Punk didn't want to go to jail? Maybe he didn't want to fight with a co-worker and get fired?

This thread is so fucking stupid.

By this logic, Kimbo Slice is clearly the best Mixed Martial Artist that ever lived.
Or, you know, the more logical thought provided with evidence is that Punk sucks at fighting.

Does this Teddy Hart guy have any kind of legitimate background in martial arts or amateur wrestling?
He is the grandson of wrestling legend Stu Hart, who taught Submission Wrestling (Catch Wrestling) in his basement for generations. All the Hart family (including Brett "the Hitman" Hart) have training in the style that pro wrestling evolved from. So, yeah he had an advantage.

You could argue he's 1-2, once in WWE he was cutting a promo from the crowd, and some asshole hit him in the back of the head, so he spun and backfisted a guy, but it was the wrong person:

Y0J45.gif

The guy didn't throw back so clearly he was shook by Punk's elite MMA striking game.

Back