So my city urgently tells everyone not to drink the water

CrimsonFan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Recent flooding in Austin has caused some sort of problem deeming the tap water not safe. The jails are boiling water for inmates and all restaurants are being forced to not use the tap water.

Only problem... I didnt see the notice and I drank it all day yesterday.

This is actually getting kinda crazy,

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.statesman.com/news/20181022/austin-urged-to-boil-water-flood-silt-stalls-treatment?template=ampart

Apparantly the city just cant keep up with all the water. I kind of feel like them scaring the public into not drinking it is a last ditch effort to get us to really use less water..

I dunno its fucked. They're saying this can last 2 weeks.

Water filters are no good, you have to boil any water you use. One drop can make you sick, no bottle water anywhere.

I work in a restaurant. Nearly all of them are being shut down. Mine haven't yet.

Fluoride.

I'm just kidding. I drink tap water daily. I'll drink from a hose. I'll probably be dead by 90 from drinking tap water. Oh woes me!

Who drinks tap water anyway, gross!

I use water from a water cooler for everything. I can taste the chemicals in tap water, especially chlorine. That shit is poison.

I use water from a water cooler for everything. I can taste the chemicals in tap water, especially chlorine. That shit is poison.

Yeah, but tap water is used for all sorts of food prep. I work in the field (mainly Houston area and other parts of Texas) and they're dealing with high turbidity in their influent water... which is a fancy word for too much silt. The silt cannot be removed properly during pretreatment and their filters are getting overloaded. So their water production is severely reduced.

Not sure why they have a boil water notice... the two issues are unrelated. The Flood Waters actually would dilute any bacteria and if they're production is reduced, the final disinfection process isn't overloaded. Unless the flood water is so high that it's flooding the treatment process somewhere, which I haven't heard that happening yet.

Sounds like they're trying to scare everyone to reduce water usage so their Water Treatment Plant can keep up. Which sounds like a very Austin thing to do to their general public. Actually, I'm not surprised by most of the stuff Government entities do anymore, they're mostly run by idiots at the top.

Yeah, but tap water is used for all sorts of food prep. I work in the field (mainly Houston area and other parts of Texas) and they're dealing with high turbidity in their influent water... which is a fancy word for too much silt. The silt cannot be removed properly during pretreatment and their filters are getting overloaded. So their water production is severely reduced.

Not sure why they have a boil water notice... the two issues are unrelated. The Flood Waters actually would dilute any bacteria and if they're production is reduced, the final disinfection process isn't overloaded. Unless the flood water is so high that it's flooding the treatment process somewhere, which I haven't heard that happening yet.

Sounds like they're trying to scare everyone to reduce water usage so their Water Treatment Plant can keep up. Which sounds like a very Austin thing to do to their general public. Actually, I'm not surprised by most of the stuff Government entities do anymore, they're mostly run by idiots at the top.
I said this the moment I heard about the ban. And until now not a single drop of tested water is contaminated

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

#turdwall2019

Them same chemicals are already in all the food you eat so it dont make a big whoop where you get your water from

Recent flooding in Austin has caused some sort of problem deeming the tap water not safe. The jails are boiling water for inmates and all restaurants are being forced to not use the tap water.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.statesman.com/news/20181022/austin-urged-to-boil-water-flood-silt-stalls-treatment?template=ampart

Apparantly the city just cant keep up with all the water. I kind of feel like them scaring the public into not drinking it is a last ditch effort to get us to really use less water..

Water filters are no good, you have to boil any water you use. One drop can make you sick, no bottle water anywhere.

I work in a restaurant. Nearly all of them are being shut down. Mine haven't yet.
Perfect time to go jack off in the water supply

I’m also in Austin. Just boil bro.

Edit: what the hell, dude. How did you not hear? They literally did everything short of blast it over loud speakers throughout the city. It was on highways, tv, radio and everyone was talking about it.

Now you’re going to die.

I’m also in Austin. Just boil bro.

Edit: what the hell, dude. How did you not hear? They literally did everything short of blast it over loud speakers throughout the city. It was on highways, tv, radio and everyone was talking about it.

Now you’re going to die.
There hasent been any contaminated water yet. Your boils have been a waste of time!

Lol you want to drink that water? Be my guest. It’s disgusting out there right now.
All the water they've tested so far is safe

No, I'm not drinking it. I did yesterday before I knew.. the alert came at 3 am, I was drinking so hungover I drank water all night until i was informed.

It's not contaminated yet... it will be if people don't quit using so much water.

Lol at this third world unsafe tap water shit.

All the water they've tested so far is safe

No, I'm not drinking it. I did yesterday before I knew.. the alert came at 3 am, I was drinking so hungover I drank water all night until i was informed.

It's not contaminated yet... it will be if people don't quit using so much water.

Good luck, Sherbro. I’ll say prayers for you.

Last edited:
Cities are run by idiots. They want to increase population but don't want to spend the money on the infrastructure that requires.

Not sure if this is trolling or what...

But the reason flooding can cause boil orders is because the city water supply is often contaminated with things like raw sewage.

Back