So mayweather vs mcgregor is actually gonna happen..

I don't rule out connor KO:ing Mayweather. If he outboxes him though, I think we're on a different planet.

Bare in mind that Connor usually wins by punching so in fairness to Floyd, a boxing match is an appropritate test. It's not like COnnor is winning by kicking or grappling in the octagon anytime soon. Although his leg kicks may have contributed to his win against Diaz.

Conor will get gassed after 5th or 6th round, Floyd will turtle and dirty clinch until then. Floyd will go for the safest route to 50-0

conor had a puncher's chance with those small 4oz mma gloves. He accepted Floyd's terms of 10oz gloves, which will not only soften the blow relatively (significantly reducing his chance of KO imo), but also provide Floyd a bigger shield to hide behind. Floyd is the master of defence, i think he can weather the storm

Last edited:
Funny how people think Connor has a small chance of KOing Floyd.

Perfect example for that not happening is Kov Ward. Kovalev a beast who killed a man on the ring a 99 percent finisher got outplayed by Wards fantastic defense. And that is in a category which is heavier so heavier blows.

Even if Floyd is not in form he has the tools to defend and outsmart an amateur boxer come on. Floyd non arguably the best defence in boxing being KOed by an amateur boxer with 0 fights. Come on people be real.

Are there really true believers ITT that think McGregor has even the tiniest chance? It makes no more sense than Holly Holm vs Ronda Rousey in judo or GSP vs Mayweather in MMA. It's James Toney vs Randy Couture-level obnoxious.

I hope Mayweather humiliates him and for about 4 or 5 rounds before putting him out. I'd prefer to see McGregor go down in the first round if they weren't making such a ridiculous amount of money for the fight. He ought to earn it.

Conor attacks early on, Floyd defends for 3 rounds, then takes over and outclasses Conor on his way to a UD.

I actually would give prime Floyd beating Conor in a MMA match. His stand up and defence are that great. In before low kicks... If you think Floyd cant judge distance, circle around and wait for Conor to lose balance after a missed low kick and then swarm him a quick short combo and move out unpunished, you know nothing about Floyd and his exceptional skills.
Get real man, Conor would destroy Floyd in an mma fight.

If it ends in something lame like a Mayweather bodyshot i'm going to be mad. Bloodshed is and should be the only outcome.

If it ends in something lame like a Mayweather bodyshot i'm going to be mad. Bloodshed is and should be the only outcome.
Prepare to riot, because this will end even lamer than that. Mayweather UD.

Get real man, Conor would destroy Floyd in an mma fight.

Not sure about that. Still have to see a prime boxer as talanted as Maywheater and as great as him gets enough time to practice and get inside the cage.

Kind of hoping Lomachenko goes for it as he has joked about it.

Great kickboxers such as CroCop had done the transition well. I am thinking Saki will do very well as well.

I be seen top boxers trying k1 kickboxing matches just to see them being separated in the clinch and the been beaten with low kicks. Thinking if it was WADO kick boxing rules they may have had a chance for a decision.

Prepare to riot, because this will end even lamer than that. Mayweather UD.
I don't know man did you see the article about McG's sparring partners. McG outclasses may in a war taking a UD possibly SD. McG is just too refined
seriously though this is going to be a blow out money may all day

Not sure about that. Still have to see a prime boxer as talanted as Maywheater and as great as him gets enough time to practice and get inside the cage.

Kind of hoping Lomachenko goes for it as he has joked about it.

Great kickboxers such as CroCop had done the transition well. I am thinking Saki will do very well as well.

I be seen top boxers trying k1 kickboxing matches just to see them being separated in the clinch and the been beaten with low kicks. Thinking if it was WADO kick boxing rules they may have had a chance for a decision.
Cro Cop trained grappling for mma and was used to sweeps and throws from muay thai/kickboxing. Not a good comparison to Floyd, who has no grappling experience/take down defense.

Here's what happens to boxers who come into MMA with zero grappling knowledge.
couturetoney.jpg

Kind of not good example with Toney. He was long done with boxing. Over weighted and def not in his prime. He did it for the paycheck. Nowadays boxers also train some grappling to deal with the clinch. I ve seen GGG grapple and dril pushing with the head for example. We know for sure that Loma has grappled. And there are many other examples. Judging by his boxing I can asure you that Maywheater knows how to grapple. He is one of the greatest boxers in the clinch. He just rarelly uses it.

conor-mcgregor-nate-diaz-1.jpg
He can leg kick pretty well when he needs to.

Yeah, but that was mainly to push back on the fantasizing; Floyd would get kicked in the chest if he fought McGregor under MMA rules.

Well, I suppose this occasion has been bringing out the fantasizer in everyone.

Kind of not good example with Toney. He was long done with boxing. Over weighted and def not in his prime. He did it for the paycheck. Nowadays boxers also train some grappling to deal with the clinch. I ve seen GGG grapple and dril pushing with the head for example. We know for sure that Loma has grappled. And there are many other examples. Judging by his boxing I can asure you that Maywheater knows how to grapple. He is one of the greatest boxers in the clinch. He just rarelly uses it.
Mayweather knows how to clinch for boxing. There are no throws or sweeps in a boxing clinch and it does not prepare one for actual grappling from a jiu jitsu artist or wrestler.

You're underestimating how much training it takes to be effective at grappling or defending against it. There's a reason so many wrestlers can train striking and bjj for a couple years and go on to be very effective at mma.

Boxing and mma are completely different. Floyd going into mma is like a lion going into the ocean to prey on sharks. Would be fun to watch though

Mayweather knows how to clinch for boxing. There are no throws or sweeps in a boxing clinch and it does not prepare one for actual grappling from a jiu jitsu artist or wrestler.

You're underestimating how much training it takes to be effective at grappling or defending against it. There's a reason so many wrestlers can train striking and bjj for a couple years and go on to be very effective at mma.

Boxing and mma are completely different. Floyd going into mma is like a lion going into the ocean to prey on sharks. Would be fun to watch though

Judging by the current champions of UFC, most of them are not really wrestlers or BJJ artists. Sure they have trained these disciplines, but it is not the way they are winning with and their main art. If we examine the top 5 of every weight we are getting split in 50-50. So your argument is not really standing much weight. The same can be said about every stand up fighter it seems, just by training a bit of wrestling and BJJ they are very successful.

In addition keep in mind not a single one of the strikers in MMA is actually a top of the top striker. They are good strikers, but just a few of them may make a career in kick boxing or boxing. So back to my point a pro boxer unique as Maywheater in his physical prime should, given the time to practice at least an year should do fine in the cage.

Last edited:
Judging by the current champions of UFC, most of them are not really wrestlers or BJJ artists. Sure they have trained these disciplines, but it is not the way they are winning with and their main art. If we examine the top 5 of every weight we are getting split in 50-50. So your argument is not really standing much weight. The same can be said about every stand up fighter it seems, just by training a bit of wrestling and BJJ they are very successful.

In addition keep in mind not a single one of the strikers in MMA is actually a top of the top striker. They are good strikers, but just a few of them may make a career in kick boxing or boxing. So back to my point a pro boxer unique as Maywheater in his physical prime should, given the time to practice at least an year should do fine in the cage.
Vast majority of the top 10 guys in all weight class wrestled in high school and/or have trained extensively in bjj. They don't brush over that lightly... It is a MAJOR component of mma.

You are correct that they don't have as high of a level in striking because they're training so many different aspects of fighting, but that's too be expected. To be fair though, mma striking has come a long way.

You don't often see fights won on the ground because they're all at such a high level there it often comes to a stalemate. Would a year of training be enough for Mayweather in his prime? Maybe but I doubt it.

It's not just grappling Floyd would have to contend with. He'd also have to deal with having his legs and face kicked off. I'd say he'd need at least 2-3 years filling the holes in his game as only a boxer before he could be serious about stepping into the octagon against current world class mma and that's in a hypothetical fantasy world where his body is still in its prime.

Don't underestimate the many tools needed in mma and how long it takes to develop them. It's not easy.

Back