So many of anderson silva's losses are "illegitimate" or excusable

MMA__Analyst

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Anderson Silva may have 8 losses, and while its not good to make excuses so many of them are not "real" losses if you know what I mean.

His first 3 losses are legit. One by decision like 20 years ago, and two submissions (one oof them being one of the best submission victories of all time IMO).

Then he has a "loss" to Okami, for an illegal upkick. It wasn't a real loss, and should just be a DQ. Plus SIlva knocked him out with that kick lmao. Not only that but Silva proved the "loss" to be a "fluke" or meaningless since Silva destroyed Okami in the rematch.

His next two losses came from Weidman. The first KO, was a KO in every sense of the word. However, IMO there is a difference between KO'ing someone while they havee high guard, and KO'ing someone while they are goofing around. Silva was acting too ridiculous, and payed for it bg time. Weidman capitalized on it, and rightfully won. However. therre is a difference between KO'ing someone off balance with their chin up, and neck back with no support at all, and KO'ing silva with his guard up. Because Silva has never been knocked out while fighting serious. However, weidman rightfully got the win, but a win over a careless goofing around silva.

The 2nd KO from weidman, cannot b considered a legitimate KO. The "TKO" when silva broke his leg has mroe to do with Silva than with weidman. That 2nd "KO" is not something to brag about, since Silva simply broke his leg from a leg kick that he threw...

Then Silva "loss" to Bisping. Silva gave bisping a terrible beating. Silva was busting his face up, to the point where bisping wasn't even recognizable. Whereas Silva looked like he came out of a serious sparring session. Silva also landed one of thee most devastating "picture perfect" flying knees on Bisping. Bspiing was essentially knocked out. If Silva landed that knee just 5 seconds before the bell, and then followed up with punches it would be a KO for sure. After the knee, Silva kind of just didnt care, and bisping edged rounds 4 and 5. But silva not only did more damage, have better moments in the fight, but he also essentially knocked bisping out. But he still lost to a close decision in Britan. Bisping is the king of getting undeserved decisions, especially if its in Britan. If that fight were anywheere else dana white, joe rogan, weidman, and etc... all agree that he wouldvee easily went to Silva.

Then he has his loss to Daniel Cormier. However, you have a prime Daniel cormier against a slow 41 year old Anderson Silva; who took the fight on two days notice... Its also key to point out that silva was outstriking him in the 3rd round, and had the best moment of the entire fight when he landed a very hard body kick on cormier. I honestly think that had the fight gone two more rounds, that silva could've taken it. Seeing cormier's weakness to body shots, Silva would just be landing body kicks and liver shots for the rest of the fight.

So while he may have more losses than GSP, Jon Jones, Fedor, Aldo, MM, Cruz, and etc... Many of his losses can b "excused" or are not "real losses". I know I'll get flack for coming up with excuses but its true.

BTW sorry if spelling is terrible. My laptop keys are all messed up and jammed.

Didn't read all that shit, but a loss is a loss. Deal with it.

How about everyone he beat aren't legit wins cause he was roided?

Anderson Silva may have 8 losses, and while its not good to make excuses so many of them are not "real" losses if you know what I mean.

His first 3 losses are legit. One by decision like 20 years ago, and two submissions (one oof them being one of the best submission victories of all time IMO).

Then he has a "loss" to Okami, for an illegal upkick. It wasn't a real loss, and should just be a DQ. Plus SIlva knocked him out with that kick lmao. Not only that but Silva proved the "loss" to be a "fluke" or meaningless since Silva destroyed Okami in the rematch.

His next two losses came from Weidman. The first KO, was a KO in every sense of the word. However, IMO there is a difference between KO'ing someone while they havee high guard, and KO'ing someone while they are goofing around. Silva was acting too ridiculous, and payed for it bg time. Weidman capitalized on it, and rightfully won. However. therre is a difference between KO'ing someone off balance with their chin up, and neck back with no support at all, and KO'ing silva with his guard up. Because Silva has never been knocked out while fighting serious. However, weidman rightfully got the win, but a win over a careless goofing around silva.

The 2nd KO from weidman, cannot b considered a legitimate KO. The "TKO" when silva broke his leg has mroe to do with Silva than with weidman. That 2nd "KO" is not something to brag about, since Silva simply broke his leg from a leg kick that he threw...

Then Silva "loss" to Bisping. Silva gave bisping a terrible beating. Silva was busting his face up, to the point where bisping wasn't even recognizable. Whereas Silva looked like he came out of a serious sparring session. Silva also landed one of thee most devastating "picture perfect" flying knees on Bisping. Bspiing was essentially knocked out. If Silva landed that knee just 5 seconds before the bell, and then followed up with punches it would be a KO for sure. After the knee, Silva kind of just didnt care, and bisping edged rounds 4 and 5. But silva not only did more damage, have better moments in the fight, but he also essentially knocked bisping out. But he still lost to a close decision in Britan. Bisping is the king of getting undeserved decisions, especially if its in Britan. If that fight were anywheere else dana white, joe rogan, weidman, and etc... all agree that he wouldvee easily went to Silva.

Then he has his loss to Daniel Cormier. However, you have a prime Daniel cormier against a slow 41 year old Anderson Silva; who took the fight on two days notice... Its also key to point out that silva was outstriking him in the 3rd round, and had the best moment of the entire fight when he landed a very hard body kick on cormier. I honestly think that had the fight gone two more rounds, that silva could've taken it. Seeing cormier's weakness to body shots, Silva would just be landing body kicks and liver shots for the rest of the fight.

So while he may have more losses than GSP, Jon Jones, Fedor, Aldo, MM, Cruz, and etc... Many of his losses can b "excused" or are not "real losses". I know I'll get flack for coming up with excuses but its true.

we can argue that a lot of his wins are not ''real'' wins because he is a PED cheat

spencer-fisher_matt-wiman.gif

Wiman loss doesn't count 'cause he was goofing off?

tumblr_n3xzz1d36X1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

What about Hello Japan? Does that win not count for Aoki?

Is that how this works now?

You are the epitome of butthurt!

I loved watching Silva get decapitated by Weidman and now hearing you cry about it!

I agree with your intent, TS, only because non-Japanese fans have a hard time not shitting on someone because of a loss. They don't realize how self-destructive of an attitude that is.

Anderson is my favorite fighter and while I won't say I disagree he still lost those fights and making excuses for it is just poor form and only makes his fans look petty and delusional.

Sure had simple things been corrected there is a possibility he wins those fights in a perfect world but in reality unfortunately timing is everything and sometimes it's on your side and sometimes it isn't.

Nothing will ever change this so there's no sense crying over spilled milk as they say and inviting the people who don't like Anderson to shit on his accomplishments for the next 20 pages.

{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}

These threads always pop up every now & again & it's funny every time...

You'd still have to give him 7 of his UFC wins over guys that were also roiding...

Silva goofed around a lot during his UFC career. It is part of his style and he got caught doing it to the wrong guy.

It's a legitimate loss to Weidman.

LMAO delusional TS fucking bodied by first reply.

Savage as fuck.

High guard? Thats meaningless since that was never silva's style. The goofing around, hands down and back against the fence is classic anderson. He tries to incite his opponent and make him over extend with their shots and then catch them. So teh chris doubled up on his shots and caught andy in his bullshit. It most certainly was a planned strategy since he caught hall(another flashy striker) with nearly the same combo/backfist/rangefinder. He was also whoopin andy's ass in both matches from start to "controversial" finish.

BTW.... Maybe we should have two different sets of MMA records on the fightfinder. So delusional nuthugger stan's dont have to spend their "prime" years on sherdog in a "favorite fighter defender" circlejerk echochamber. Or trying to convince anonymous people online of their delusional perceptions, in an attempt for them to rationalize their deluded behaviour

Last edited:
Back