So... just how good is Conor McGregor?

No, takedown defense isn't takedown defense. Conor being able to stop a takedown with his back against the cage doesn't mean he can stop a double leg in the middle of the cage.

Nate Diaz has been dropped by multiple fighters before Conor, yet Conor didn't finish him. So I don't get what your trying to prove by using Nate as an example.

Kevin Lee may not have great cardio, but he has better cardio than Conor. And Conor has yet to knock someone out while on his back.

Keep trying though....

Lord Almighty, his grabbling as a whole has obviously improved, the only reason Conor didn't finish Nate is because he didn't want to risk going to the ground with him, Kevin would look like Mendes did at the end of the 2nd, Conor wouldn't have a torn ACL, his grabbling would have improved, Lee can't stand with him

I'm not saying he's a bum by any means. I consider Khabib and Tony to be the top tier of the division. Then Conor would be in the upper end of that next group.

Do you think he beats Kevin Lee?

I do, Conor's grabbing has def improved and Kevin dosent have great striking and a worse chin, Tony got rocked by Pettis's below average boxing, Conor would finish him in 2 at the latest

We saw him rise through the ranks of featherweight, he stopped Chad after a round and a half and getting cut up, granted it was short notice but still impressive performance. Never saw how good he was against Aldo but his incredible fight IQ lead him to seeing how anxious he was to swing at Conor, took Diaz fight lightly was also a bad match up for him but destroyed him for the forst round and most of the rematch, outclasses Eddie in every way, incredible performance, had his little thing with Floyd impressesed some people, comes back seemingly without that same fire and losses to the best light weight in the world, won a round against him but got handled bythe worst matchup and hardest opponent for anyone in the division, so where does this leave him?
A bit pro-Conor I see. Fight against Chad wasn't impressive, had more to do with Chad gassing due to short notice. Took Diaz lightly? Make excuses much? Destroyed Diaz in the first round and most of the rematch? What fight did you watch? Came back without the same fire? Make excuses much?

I do, Conor's grabbing has def improved and Kevin dosent have great striking and a worse chin, Tony got rocked by Pettis's below average boxing, Conor would finish him in 2 at the latest

It's ok bro, you're almost at the last stage.

enhanced-vision-webinar-coping-with-visual-impairment-7-728.jpg

Very good fighter.

He is VERY GOOD.
Beautiful striking.
Great timing,great power,great accuracy.

Is he KO artist?
No
1 KO in the UFC

Is he an underrated grappler?
No
Finished 4 times already

Is he overhyped and oversold by the UFC and the media?

Absolutely.

Can he hold LW GOLD as today?
Nope
Not with Strong,tall,well prepared grapplers like Kevin Lee,Fergie and Khabob on tbe top 5.

We'll probably never know due to the ufc willing to do anything to put the odds in his favor. I'm not sure he could beat Chandler in Bellator.

Conor probably has the skill to be #1 but seems to come up short sometimes in heart. If focused less on horsesh*t he might be dominant at LW, as he was at BW. Honestly though I don’t think he can handle some of the other top guys. Much harder to fight guys the same size as you or lil bigger with skills near, equal or above your own. In my opinion he could be LW title holder again if he focused on his karma.

A bit pro-Conor I see. Fight against Chad wasn't impressive, had more to do with Chad gassing due to short notice. Took Diaz lightly? Make excuses much? Destroyed Diaz in the first round and most of the rematch? What fight did you watch? Came back without the same fire? Make excuses much?

Getting cut up by elbows than getting the KO win not impressive?? Ask anyone they could tepo you he took the Diaz fight lightly, he was talking about KOing him with a head kick for fucks sakes he absolutely thought it was an easy win, did you fucking watch the first fight? Nate got destroyed the first round, did you watch the 2nd fight? Clear UD 3 knock downs wtf. It's ok to admit Conor's good, just because he makes you uncomfortable with the way he talks good fucking grief

McTapper
McCouldn’t Knockdown Khabib
McQuitter
McGasser
McOverrated
McWorst Whisky Ever
McZero Title Defenses

Am I wrong? Every point I made is Valid
I don't know, you seem somewhere between Denial and Anger, but your relentless posting also indicates bargaining.
Have you been feeling depressed as of late?

He's definitely a better grappler than he used to be. His scrambling and balance has always been under rated. Once he's down he is down but he's slippery to get all the way down. But I think Lee knows his own weakness and just shoots relentlessly from the bell and powers him down. If Lee has the tank I think he stops Conor by ground and pound.

I agree with you that the wildness of Ferguson would present Conor with plenty of opportunities to connect. Watching the Pettis fight I thought if Lando and Pettis can land on him, Conor can too. I'd still favour Tony more often than not. He's been teasing that ankle pick for a long time and is saving it for Conor's lead leg.

Thank you for the well mannered back and forth.

At Featherweight he is perfect(too bad he will never be 145 again)
At Lightweight a top 10 guy or top 15
I think max and Ortega and frankie and full camp Chad give him problems at fw

I don't know, you seem somewhere between Denial and Anger, but your relentless posting also indicates bargaining.
Have you been feeling depressed as of late?

Exactly, tell me where I'm wrong... Isn't it time for you to get up for work? Go to work so you can come back with a bag of Cheetos on your sherdog account with something better than a depression meter you cuck

Obviously he's a very good striker. Good power, excellent timing and precision. He's also very gifted at mental warfare which gives him more openings during fight time (unless his opponent is obfuscatingly dumb like Nate). UFC saw they had something special and promoted him in a certain way and with certain match-ups.

For how obnoxious he's become and how garbage his fans are, he still one-punched Jose Aldo and made Eddie Alvarez look like a drunk guy pulled from the crowd.

Exactly, tell me where I'm wrong... Isn't it time for you to get up for work? Go to work so you can come back with a bag of Cheetos on your sherdog account with something better than a depression meter you cuck

Sorry, nice try you NEET. I'm not a wagecuck. Self-employed master race.
Might do a couple hours work after wiping off your tears and using them as lube for my afternoon wank.

He's definitely a better grappler than he used to be. His scrambling and balance has always been under rated. Once he's down he is down but he's slippery to get all the way down. But I think Lee knows his own weakness and just shoots relentlessly from the bell and powers him down. If Lee has the tank I think he stops Conor by ground and pound.

I agree with you that the wildness of Ferguson would present Conor with plenty of opportunities to connect. Watching the Pettis fight I thought if Lando and Pettis can land on him, Conor can too. I'd still favour Tony more often than not. He's been teasing that ankle pick for a long time and is saving it for Conor's lead leg.

Thank you for the well mannered back and forth.

Wow someone who's not a complete idiot that can have a conversation...fasinating, Kevin and Tony arnt easy fights at all, they're just the only LWs I see giving him problems, I think Lee has a suspect gas tank but he could def pound Conor I just think with as well as Conor did with Khabibs next level grabbing I think he could handle Lee's wrestling could be wrong tho, Tony dosent have good takedown honestly and he's never been that great on top, it's his bottom game that's amazing, I think Conor would hit him quite a few times before he slows down

You know, good thread TS. Seriously.

I think Conor has had moments that have made him an icon in the sport forever. His accomplishments are not easily matched.

in FW, he is a top 3 talent due to his size and power.
However, if you looked at him for the weigh-ins at 155, he looked almost as bad as the infamous interview he did after making 145.

At 155, I think Kevin Lee, Ferguson, Khabib (obviously) can beat Conor.
Which makes him the top 5 talent at LW

Better than Alvarez
Not better than Khabib.

Around Nate's level...

BTW, you should watch the UFC bro

Back